The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » New Stage Hypnosis Course (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
MagicalPirate
View Profile
Special user
Shamokin, PA
828 Posts

Profile of MagicalPirate
Michael C. Anthony is from Charleston, SC not from Canada so he is not the one you have seen.

Martin Smile
Martin Blakley, CSH, DASH, CMSA
http://www.thehypnoguy.com/HYPNORESOURCES
http://www.docgrayson.com/
How To Sell Anything Online
http://tub.bz/?r=1z
Copyright to my own words retained 100%.
makethemagichappen
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of makethemagichappen
Thanks for the insight everyone. I appreciate it. I can see the benefits to the live seminars, but Im having enough trouble convincing the wifee the home courses are worth it, let alone airfair, hotel, meals, etc. I really think there is money to be made in comedy hypnosis. I know of a few guys making a few grand a show and they aren't the least bit funny. I'm hoping my wifee will buy me a program (or two) for Christmas, I'll keep you posted on what I end up getting. This University one says it will tell you how to get an agent and book a show which is probably just as important as how to hypnotize someone. Its definitely the best looking product I've seen, but that doesn't always mean it's the best. If anyone else has more info please share. Thanks all!
asithlord
View Profile
New user
johnathan townsends daily hobbie is
98 Posts

Profile of asithlord
Couple of grand a show?
where?
ill have to go there
MagicalPirate
View Profile
Special user
Shamokin, PA
828 Posts

Profile of MagicalPirate
Okay MakeTheMagicHappen, here is Geoffrey Ronning's Home Study Course. It is only $795 a $500 savings. He will also teach how to get shows.

http://www.stagehypnosiscenter.com/products/item25.cfm

James I also have Ronnings book, but I invested in his other products prior to buying his book. It is an adjunct to McGill's encyclopedia and in a lot of ways is much better. That said, learning to be a stage hypnotist is much better learned by listening and viewing than just reading about it. It was when I added DVD's to the mix that I got out there and did the shows and did them successfully. If you want to learn inexpensively, I've recommended before and will again Gene Martin's Dave Elman DVD's:

That and collecting show videos of as many hypnotists as I could was the foundation for my starting in the business.

Martin Smile
MagicalPirate
View Profile
Special user
Shamokin, PA
828 Posts

Profile of MagicalPirate
Since my last post was edited you can find those resources here:

http://www.thehypnoguy.com/getstarted

Martin Smile
Jon Dee
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Jon Dee
I am a fan of Ronning as well. I did the live training in Vegas and have spent thousands on home trainings and am currently in the mentor program with Geoff. If you are willing to pay the price that Geoff charges then you are probably serious enough to put in the work to make it happen. I have always felt that Geoff's products were well worth the money once I got into them and each and every product has made me more money than it cost in a short amount of time. To make a long story short Geoff has turned me into a full time stage hypnotist and his knowledge is vast.

I also agree with dmkraig on the non hypnosis abilities that must be gained.

Good Luck,

Jon Dee
gmindmagic
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of gmindmagic
I know this is actually and old topic, but is there anyone who actually purchased this course who could give an overall review.

Thank you in advance
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Not another peddlar driving another nail into the coffin of the hypnosis market.

If the market was that good trust me they wouldn't be selling courses. The market is being flooded by newbies all being sold a croc of crap.

Selling courses dvds is about the easiest way to make money from hypnosis just now. Its much easier than performing since everyone wants to be a hypnotist thanks to these courses.

Ask Danny what would the chances be of a Newbie starting in his neck of the woods?
The markets that are still workable are established. And others are being destroyed by the huge number of newbies working for peanuts.

The ones who are making money are the sellout artists selling cheap and expensive courses.

Most of you are 5 to 10 years to late
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
While MP is right about not using newbie hypnotists per se, it does not mean that one should not learn somewhere and go out and gain experience. Time tends to seporate the wheat from the chaff so to speak.

I think on some level much of what is offered, (I mention no course in particular) can be what MP says. Hypnotists who can not make money doing shows. Some of what is offered is like Richard Nongard who does collaberations with already very busy hypnotists and offers information. This is obviously a very high level of information from many who have been there and done that. Richard him self is a very busy hypnotist and does as many shows as he wants too.

The better courses (I do not claim any one is BEST) never make claims about doing shows next week. I think it is important to know with any course even when you finish the course you enter the market at an entery level position. You will then be on your own to succede or fail as your actions see fit. How good or how bad your show is will be what carries you through the next part of your career.

If you are a bad magician who can not get booked and think simply expanding to hypnosis will open new markets, odds are you will be a bad hypnotist who can not get booked.

There are LOTS of markets out there which are just waiting for a hypnotist with vision and enough guts to make a go of it.

I do agree with MP on another point. It is 5-10 years too late to ride the wave of popularity and be mediorcre and be able to get away with it and make a good living. Those times have indeed passed us by. While I do not believe a market can be "destroyed" by anyone, I do think that the tolerance for bad entertainment is just not there. I think people see enough BAD work out there and want to see good work. This means you had better be good to keep working. It raises the bar.

The other point is that if hypnosis is to survive as an entertainment medium in the future, new people MUST LEARN! I think much of what is offered is a great way to decide if it is something you wish to do. Sort of get rid of some of the myths and BS that surrounds the art form.

Much of what is sold is just people seeking knowlege, they posess a curiosity and never intend to go to the stage with it in the first place. Just like they hobby magician, in my view no harm no foul really. After all is this not the beauty of hypnosis in the first place? NO SECRETS. Sort of like juggling. It is out there and it is what it is so if more people know what it is there is no harm in it. Heck on some level it helps it.

Just some thoughts and I am not bashing any one course or person. It is just too easy to me to paint all of them with one brush without having seen all of them. Plus as I said, new hypnotists have to come from SOMEWHERE. We live in a new age, it is only natural they come from new places.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2009-04-09 08:18, Dannydoyle wrote:
If you are a bad magician who can not get booked and think simply expanding to hypnosis will open new markets, odds are you will be a bad hypnotist who can not get booked.

Now that just has to be nothng more than the simple truth.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Markets are destroyed all the time by flooding with operators. Its a natural life cycle that exists in many industries and is common.

I stand to make a lot more money doing what I am doing now than doing shows. If I was medicore around 10 years full time pro then I was probably one of the best paid mediocre performers Ive ever met.

The fact is hypnosis largely successful due to cornering successsful venue's and milking them. Its more important to be a good marketer than a good hypnotist. There are more than enough good hypnotists around. Its the one's with the marketing machines that make the money. Or the one's that have cornered the key venue's.

One example is Paul Mckenna. He was a radio one DJ before becoming a hypnotist. From the very start he had the same pr company as the rolling stones behind him. Without that he would've remained in relative obscurity.

Hypnosis one of those things where talent is not the top quality. Its about luck timing and getting in key positions.

Although some people are cliaming its making a come back here Ive not seen any evidence whatsoever. And I can't see it happening for a long long long time.

If doing the odd rare pub show for a couple of hundred pounds is your thing then I reckon you could get excited.

In actual fact Robert halpern was a failed childrens entertainer. He went into hypnosis because it was "common" knowledge that failed entertainers could make it in hypnosis. he made millions because his timing was right.

I know this to be the case because his manager told me as approached me asking to manage me.

Hypnosis performance doesn't need a hige amount of talent just know how. That is the big secret. The rest is marketing and opportunity.

If Danny moved here he would fall flat on his face. He's found a bubble that can be sustained. Most of those expensive courses promising you big fees and a big career are ********ting you into parting with your money.

You've missed the boat.

When times were good no one in those key positions would want to train anyone. It was far more lucrative to keep the market to yourself. When times are bad they want to sell you any secret they can because its more valuable to sell them.

Its true I can't make what I would consider good money over here. But niether can Mckenna or Andrew Newton even with their marketing machines.

Despite what you may want to believe it doesn't take that much talent. My venue in my home town I was more successful than Newton, Powers and Halpern who all played the same venue but never sold as many tickets. Again I know this because Halpern's old manager did his homework before he approached me and that is what he told me. There ha been a string of other hypnotist also and I had been the most successful of all of them.

Why? Because my timing was right and my marketing which I had full control over due to it being my home town.
kingjay
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of kingjay
Wow .... touchy subject I guess..some bitter dudes on here... heres my 2 cents ... if youve got cash to spare.. get the course.. if not.. theres plenty other ways to learn... if your on a budget, look into nongards stuff (once again: the dvd w/ stokes is the easiest way to learn a stage show) .. a group live training is great too, (but not always all that).. geoffs book is great, more up to date... good luck
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Quote:
On 2009-04-09 13:01, mindpunisher wrote:
Hypnosis performance doesn't need a hige amount of talent just know how. That is the big secret. The rest is marketing and opportunity.

The same could be said about just about any area of entertainment.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Not really. For a singer or to get paid they need a considerable amount of talent. For a hypnotist to get paid they just need to master the mechanics. To reach the top you need a modicum of talent and good marketing. And also get into key positions in the market. A hypnotist is unlike most entertainers in that a hypnotist is a hypnotist while other forms of entertainment are more geared towards the individual talent.

Most bookers will go for the cheapest in a market over run with operators. This is a fact.

As for being bitter. I am taking a detached business view of the market. Its basic business and marketing principles as well as simple logic. When I was doing stage shows I had a detached logical mind also.

These hyped up courses promising you a lucrative career are designed to sell courses. And the more that spring up (including dvds and products)the less chance of you being able to achieve that. Its simply untrue to say that hypnosis or any market can withstand an ever increasing flood of operators. Eventually it will crash. that's the plain truth. IN ANY BUSINESS.

Im not saying you should or shouldn't go on the expensive courses. That not for me to say. What I am doing here putting some balance into the thread. I have no motivations other than to share what I know.
kingjay
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of kingjay
I just looked at the guys site.. super slick .. if his show schedule is true, ***! crazy mad cash! booked that much across the country.. he's doing something right.. nice
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2009-04-09 22:16, kingjay wrote:
he's doing something right.. nice

Or presenting something right.. very nice
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
He seems to be happy with what he is doing, and not constantly putting up negative comments and acting bitter on the internet.

(Incidently MP I NEVER called you mediocre)
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
CARNEGIE
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of CARNEGIE
Hi all,
Let me state first that I am not a hypnotist. I don't have the course either. But one of my good friends who was a well known children's enterterainer purchased Michael C. Anthony's Course. He didn't know the first thing about hypnosis when he started. That was a year ago and he has done over 30 shows so far. He has a dozen more booked before the summer starts. So in his instance The Stage Hypnosis University program was very successful for him.

Dean Carnegie
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Quote:
On 2009-04-09 19:10, mindpunisher wrote:
Not really. For a singer or to get paid they need a considerable amount of talent.

Uh, not really. Singers and bands have been marketed (usually to younger girls) and made fortunes.

I own a device made by a company called Antares that automatically and instantly corrects an out of pitch voice (or guitar note, etc.) and makes it perfect. There are devices that can take a thin voice and make it thicker and fuller. Combine this with dance trainers, coaches to tell performers what to say and planted articles and you can still have huge hits and successful concerts. When they were starting out, the manager of the Beatles handed out money to girls to come and scream when they appeared.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea I thought that analogy was a bit weak as well.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » New Stage Hypnosis Course (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL