We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Thanksgiving magic... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
With the holiday quickly approaching, many of us find ourselves reflecting on things we are grateful for and things that have made a difference in our lives. As magicians, we often find ourselves in situations where we have a direct impact on people - performing for children in the children's cancer wards, the elderly at the old age homes, etc… We often leave people with something far greater than we imagine. To us, we perform and see the smiles and hear the laughter… then we pack up and go home - placing that show behind us and looking ahead to things both magically and non-magic. For those we touch, however, sometimes a part of us stays behind and leaves an ongoing impression… the child laying in the bed remembering the trick you did… the elderly person with no one that visits, sitting there smiling as they recall the show. As magicians, let’s reflect on that aspect of our art over the next few weeks and realize that we should be thankful for having a talent that has such a personal and dramatic influence of those we entertain.
Beyond that, let's be thankful for the way magic has allowed all of us to see past what is mundane and ordinary and look at the potential for what is extraordinary - for what aspects play out as amazing. Magicians often see the world differently - and for that, I know I am thankful.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
Amen, brother.
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
Cardician99
View Profile
Regular user
Maryland
158 Posts

Profile of Cardician99
Well written.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Thanks, that is a good thought. Especially this year, as the whole world seems more worried than usual. At least for a magic moment, people can just forget all their worries, and it's cool to be able to do that for them at least.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
ryansmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Reading, PA
147 Posts

Profile of ryansmagic
Mark,
Very well said........
As a child, I spent a lot of time in children's hospitals; in fact, I say I am a graduate of Hershey Medical Center, in PA. I know first hand what it's like to be thankful. When I was about 13, I spent Christmas in the hospital and was visited by "SANTA". The guy could tell I was a little too old for that bit, so he sat and talked with me for a little. I thought it was very cool of this guy to give up his holiday for others. I was lucky my health improved and my parents were always there, and still are, supporting me. Many children are not so lucky. That's why, when I got into magic, I vowed to return the favor and give the gift of magic to children and adults who are ill. I have performed at many hospitals, and it is among the most rewarding experiences of my life.
Ryan Parsons
[email]ryanparsons@comcast.net[/email]
http://www.magicformiracles.com
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
524 Posts

Profile of sibbie
Not only do we need to keep these things in out mind now but always. It will make every single one of us better performers and better people.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Thanksgiving magic... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL