The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Staging question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sb
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of sb
I need a portable solution that fills all of the following needs....

1. Back black stage curtain - maybe a fiber optic curtain
2. portable
3. large enough to use: on a theater stage, banquet room, gymnasium
4. The size should maybe be: 15' high, 30-40' long
5. center needs to have a door to wheel larger props through (door should be about 10' wide)
6. I don't want to have this be hung, or use a fly system - needs to be free standing.

What are a few solutions to accomplish this.. The real problem I am having is the center door.

My solution is:
4 truss standing on end on baseplates. the center 2 of them have hinged "doors" attatched to allow the props to go through.

any thoughts or ideas?

scott
Kline
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Kline
Scott,
A 30' span of truss is a bit wide for weight loads - If I am reading this correctly, you basically want a portable set up to load in at various venues. ?
Take a look at http://www.hallstage.com. Their T200 track system works exceptionally well and is VERY easy to set up and tear down.
With this attached to your truss, you now have a traveler curtain. No need for "doors". It creates a professional look for your show.
Feel free to email me with questions.
Steven
Steven Kline
<BR><BR>www.stevenkline.com
<BR><BR>www.stevenklineproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter
@steveklinemagic
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Hmm ... I get "Bad Request ... Invalid Host Name" whenever I try to access the link.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
sb
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of sb
http://www.hallstage.com

Steves link had an extra "." at the end.

Thanks Steve! As always whenever you chime in on something the info is top notch, and highly appreciated!

scott
Kline
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Kline
I do own one of these tracks and spent a bit of time with them @ LDI - please let me know if you have any questions.
I am gearing up for a 16 week production tour and have spent the past several weeks working on load limits and trussing - We do not do any ground support structures on this tour - 14 motors on the rig - however, I have done a good deal of them.
What size truss are you using ? 12" is highly recommended if possible. Depending on the height, I would also suggest at least 24” base plates – 36” is ideal if going over 15’ high.
Steven
Steven Kline
<BR><BR>www.stevenkline.com
<BR><BR>www.stevenklineproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter
@steveklinemagic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Staging question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL