The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Buck Color Changing Knives (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2008-11-25 19:51, BCS wrote:..... The Scotty York set came close but did not have the right feel (I thought the knives were kind of cheaply made). ...

FYI: The SY knives were mfg by Providence Knife Co. In Providence RI. We made a deal with them to make the gimmicked knives from a knife in their current line at the time. I think Providence has since moved their mfg ops offshore.
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
The Amazing Jumping Arrow effect by Mark K. Young could be adapted to a Swiss Army knife with the Swiss Cross moving up and down the handle of the knife.

I also designed new moves for an in full view color change in De La Torre style but with much more direct and even more open handling

There are several effects that are rarely displayed in the frame of color changing knife routines: multicolor multiplying [ball-knife] sequence, magical transfer other than between the hands.

... and more
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
JordanB
View Profile
Special user
dallas, tx
645 Posts

Profile of JordanB
I had a set of CCK made about 4 years ago. The knives are made from Buck Lancer pocket knives.

I bought the knives and had a custom knife maker put the scales that I wanted on them (white/black micarta). He charged me $75 to make the knifes, so all in all it was about $135 for the knives. At the time Buck told me that they could make me a custom set of Lancer's for about $220, but they have a limited selection scale material. I also wanted the scales glued on, and I don't remember if Buck could do it or not.

A custom knife maker would probably make you a set for around $200 depending on the materials you want for the scales. That is also assuming you provide the knives. It's an easy job for someone who knows what they are doing. The trick is finding a decent knife maker who would take an order that small.

If I were going to do it all over again then I would have Buck make the knives for me. They had some nice contrasting handle materials and you know they will do a quality job.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1321 Posts

Profile of rmendez
J.P. Jackson makes, perhaps, the finest sets I've ever seen out of original Case knives but availability is limited from talking to him. Lanny Kibbey makes some very nice sets as well in a variety of different materials. I would love to own a set of Buck color changing knives. Anyone interested in selling me a set? I pay hansomly Smile
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1672 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Quote:
On 2010-11-12 10:18, tabman wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-11-25 19:51, BCS wrote:..... The Scotty York set came close but did not have the right feel (I thought the knives were kind of cheaply made). ...

FYI: The SY knives were mfg by Providence Knife Co. In Providence RI. We made a deal with them to make the gimmicked knives from a knife in their current line at the time. I think Providence has since moved their mfg ops offshore.

A few years back, Dick Oakley and I both got new sets of Scotty's knives from the estate of Bill Johnson. I kept mine locked up, but Richard carried his with him everywhere. After a few months the white or bone scales on his knifes turned almost black and could not be polished or cleaned off.
Less than 2% of reported UFO's turn out to be actual interplanetary vehicles.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1321 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Finally found a set of Buck and Sanders sets to add to my collection. I now see why the Sanders sets are held in such high esteem.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Someone mentioned Chad Long's FLASH DRIVES... I think they are great and bring the trick to today's hi-tech world (and you can carry 'em on airplanes)
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Buck Color Changing Knives (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL