The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tagged by Rich Ferguson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Hi Rich,

All of your posts may have changed my mind about the corporate potential, I do have one question though, I am sorry if you have mentioned it in your previous 2 posts, (I am strapped for time and can't read through them all) but I do a lot of corporate work and here in England as I'm sure you know the weather isn't so great and every gig I perform at people wear suits with jackets, will this hinder my performance or can you tag hands? Otherwise it will be a performance piece for the summer months only which would suck!

If you don't want to answer because it gives too much away that is cool, it is just the thoughts about the potential for this effect are racing through my mind now!

Thanks,

Ben
Rich Ferguson
View Profile
Regular user
California, USA
190 Posts

Profile of Rich Ferguson
Quote:
On 2008-12-01 13:32, Nechto wrote:
Hi Rich,

All of your posts may have changed my mind about the corporate potential, I do have one question though, I am sorry if you have mentioned it in your previous 2 posts, (I am strapped for time and can't read through them all) but I do a lot of corporate work and here in England as I'm sure you know the weather isn't so great and every gig I perform at people wear suits with jackets, will this hinder my performance or can you tag hands? Otherwise it will be a performance piece for the summer months only which would suck!

If you don't want to answer because it gives too much away that is cool, it is just the thoughts about the potential for this effect are racing through my mind now!

Thanks,

Ben

I do not mind at all discussing... I can say this, the clip of me on Live TV doing this to the lady across the table with a jacket shows that it can be confidently done in any situation. Heck, across a table, long jacket sleeves and live tv. It doesn't get more challenging than that. However, also keep in mind, that the preview (so far) only shows arms being tagged. If you were doing stage magic, you could easily manage a spectator to have a word appear on their hand, head, neck, forehead!, etc. Heck if a guy was bald and wearing a hat, I know I'd love to tag the side or top of head under that hat! That would be awesome.

That said, of course there is more to do and manage to get on skin that is not sitting in plane view for you. As a professional, I do not think you'd have too much effort being able to do what I've done as far as locations of tagging. I also think you find the other effects in the DVD worth your investment. There are some very powerful thinking about managing books and newspapers that you borrow. I was going to save an entire system for another mentalist dvd, but felt a little obligated to make this dvd powerful and more than just marking people.

Also, women usually do not wear as much as men if you really want to mark the arm./ RICH
<BR>http://www.TheIceBreaker.com
<BR>Creator: Official Poker's Chip Tricks, Card Stunts, Shuffles & Cuts, Flourishes • Tagged • Serial Biller • This is Mentalism • Tricks to Pick Up Chicks • Blank Gag Books
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Hi Rich,

Many thanks I appreciate your feedback, the more I think about it the more I like the idea and I am also very interested in your mentalism work, seeming as I am intergrating more mentalism work and cold reading techniques into my magic, sounds great.

Thanks again, your posts have been very helpful.

All the best,

Ben
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of mayniac
This sounds absolutely insane! I've never bought anything from E and I wasn't planning to, but I think I can make an exception, unless it will be available elsewhere.=)
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
What kind of ink is actually printed on their arm? Is it easy to remove?
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Hope no offense was taken Rich. I'm looking forward to purchasing this, and I'm glad that you have made yourself so available here to answer all the questions. The task is never an easy one I'm sure. I own Tagged by Richard Sanders, and soon to own your Tagged. The name thing doesn't bother me at all because I never introduce a trick by calling it by its marketing name anyways,(the name is insignificant to how I perform it.) so I wouldn't care if it was called "Project X". Both you and Sanders are aware of the situation, and neither one of you have a problem with it, so neither should anyone else.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Rich Ferguson
View Profile
Regular user
California, USA
190 Posts

Profile of Rich Ferguson
Quote:
On 2008-12-01 21:20, Gospel Dan wrote:
Hope no offense was taken Rich. I'm looking forward to purchasing this, and I'm glad that you have made yourself so available here to answer all the questions. The task is never an easy one I'm sure. I own Tagged by Richard Sanders, and soon to own your Tagged. The name thing doesn't bother me at all because I never introduce a trick by calling it by its marketing name anyways,(the name is insignificant to how I perform it.) so I wouldn't care if it was called "Project X". Both you and Sanders are aware of the situation, and neither one of you have a problem with it, so neither should anyone else.

Awesome!

I'm looking very forward to comments by real working folks after the release. PM me or contact me any time.
<BR>Creator: Official Poker's Chip Tricks, Card Stunts, Shuffles & Cuts, Flourishes • Tagged • Serial Biller • This is Mentalism • Tricks to Pick Up Chicks • Blank Gag Books
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I surely will Rich, thanks! I can see it playing very well in both my Gospel magic, and my mainstream close-up shows. In the meantime, I'm counting down the hours to Dec 3rd. The last time I was this excited about a new effect was with Extreme Burn. Hey, there's another coincedence between you and Mr. Sanders. ( Smile )
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I've followed Rich Ferguson's career with great interest over the years. When he released the Chip and Card flourish DVD's, I thought "I hope he never releases his magic material because he's going to change the game".

With Tagged, the game is going to be changed. How can I say that without having seen it? Like I said, I've followed Rich's career with great interest.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
It will be very nice if Rich can give some idea how these great mentalism effect can apply into situation, such as wedding banquets because I am now more concentrate on this market. (Frankly being successful to do a successful gig made me changed dramatically on the subject of magic and showmanship.)

I am looking forward to any excellent magic material, regardless which company is the distributor. After all, I concern most is spectators in the real world can experience the power of high quality magic which our little world of magic community can provide.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
MoJoe13
View Profile
New user
Joplin, Mo.
43 Posts

Profile of MoJoe13
I should have posted this a while ago on this forum. I'm slackin'.

I interviewed Rich for the Ellusionist blog; the podcast is <a href="http://blog.ellusionist.com/rich-ferguson-the-ellusionist-interview/">here.</a> Of course, I asked him plenty about Tagged and a little bit about Serial Biller, his upcoming effect. We also talked about his rough upbringing and his powers of observation.

Funny story: He backs up his powers of observation DURING THE INTERVIEW. Listen at about the 12:20 mark. You'll hear me freeze up and lose my train of thought. Rich IMMEDIATELY reminds me where we were. I didn't even think about it, even when I was editing it. Jason Brumbalow was the one who pointed it out to me, just tonight.

Rich speaks at a mile a minute, much faster than most people I know. But Rich says much more with fewer words, as you can gather from that podcast. And he has busted his tail on this forum and the Ellusionist forum to answer questions -- heck, I think he's typed more in this thread than everyone else combined. Rich is a standup guy who is genuinely excited about this release.

I got into magic because of cards -- I'm a cardworker, pasteboard patsy, whatever. I didn't care much for mentalism. But I'm STOKED about Tagged (yes, yes, I'm biased) and eager to dive into mentalism because of Rich.
Joe Hadsall
Ellusionist, Content Developer
blog.ellusionist.com
"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." ~Capt. Malcolm Reynolds
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Here's an easier link to use for the Podcast:
http://blog.ellusionist.com/rich-ferguso......nterview

MoJoe13
View Profile
New user
Joplin, Mo.
43 Posts

Profile of MoJoe13
Thank you, Chris. Sorry about the ugly link.
~joe
Joe Hadsall
Ellusionist, Content Developer
blog.ellusionist.com
"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." ~Capt. Malcolm Reynolds
Rich Ferguson
View Profile
Regular user
California, USA
190 Posts

Profile of Rich Ferguson
Quote:
On 2008-12-02 02:06, Steven Leung wrote:
It will be very nice if Rich can give some idea how these great mentalism effect can apply into situation, such as wedding banquets because I am now more concentrate on this market. (Frankly being successful to do a successful gig made me changed dramatically on the subject of magic and showmanship.)

I am looking forward to any excellent magic material, regardless which company is the distributor. After all, I concern most is spectators in the real world can experience the power of high quality magic which our little world of magic community can provide.

Fantastic question. Take one minute to watch this slideshow specific to weddings. Notice the amount of pictures with dictionaries or books. The effects in this dvd, regardless of the tagging portion, are insane and are a must for anyone dabbling in the are of mentalism. ... direct, improvisational, spontaneous stuff that takes experience and smarts, but not massive preparations, no set ups, fumbling, switching, angles, etc. I never leave the house without a deck of cards, business cards and a pocket book! The actual tagging at wedding reception is awesome to me... I usually get to the event early and rig a spoon or two, write some predications in places they shouldn't be, notice names on tables, etc, etc.. I go back to the car and prepare one or two zingers for Tagged. I'm telling you, you go around doing quality mentalism and just throw ONE Tagged effect where the word appears on someone, everyone will know by the end of the night.

Here is my slideshow specific for weddings. Please do not copy my marketing word for word people! Smile
http://www.richferguson.com/weddings/
resshin
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of resshin
I'm sold; you have my order.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-12-02 09:11, MoJoe13 wrote:
Thank you, Chris. Sorry about the ugly link.
~joe

Joe, no worries. Happens to me all the time. Thanks for the great information about Rich!

Pauldela
View Profile
Special user
U.K
882 Posts

Profile of Pauldela
Basically...

THIS IS BIG!
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
973 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Enjoyed the slideshow. You used one of my all time favorite songs.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Colin Mandel
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Colin Mandel
Just a few more hours and then I can order it.... Can't wait!
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
HUGE!!!!
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tagged by Rich Ferguson (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL