The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Make it stick(y) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

technojeff
View Profile
New user
Jeff Whiting
24 Posts

Profile of technojeff
Hi guys,

I have had an idea for a mentalism routine which I would like to construct a small gaffed prop. What I need is some glue like they use on "stick-it" type notes. ie. the glue never actually dries and can hold quite well for a period of time and be lifted and restuck.

Any ideas of products that I can get which will assist me in this. I am UK based, so a local brand would be terrific.

Regardez Vous

Jeff Smile
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
3M (the makers of Post-It notes) used to sell a glue stick that would apply the adhesive used on their notes to any piece of paper you wished.

I don't know if it's still available, but I imagine it is... Check with your local office supply store.

Of course, I don't know if they stock it in the U.K., but again, I can't imagine why they wouldn't.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
martinkaplan
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
562 Posts

Profile of martinkaplan
I believe that HENKEL under their PRITT brand makes a non-permanent adhesive in stick form and in an applicator format. I have seen the product available in Spain and I assume it should be available in the UK.

-Marty
Wallace
View Profile
Loyal user
Bangor, Northern Ireland
208 Posts

Profile of Wallace
"The Pritt Roller, Repositionable Adhesive"
is available in UK from most Office Supply shops. Smile
Wallace B
Mr Amazing
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazing
At least check out some types of double sided tape. I have a type called Polar Bear, but I live in Sweden so maybe that is difficult to find for you...

/Matias
Gawin
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
171 Posts

Profile of Gawin
Try the Glue included in sets for bicycle tires - this kind of rubber works very well - at least in Germany

Gawin Smile
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Graphic artists who do Print layout, use a couple of methods for sticking something in place, but having it moveable/removeable.

One way is a stcky wax. In the traditional method they have a machine that melts the wax but the wax doesn't have to be totally liquid to apply it in spots and have it hold pretty good. Try looking for something (a wax) in a candle or craft shop that is used to stick wax candles together. Here in the US, it is called sticky wax.

Another way is that in craft shops and graphics arts supplies. They do make a temporary adhesive spray that is great. 3M (scotch brand here in the US) makes it, and I have a small spray container of Sulky KK 2000 Temporary Adhesive Spray. The instructions say that you can move the item after placement, and that the bonding will disappear after 2-5 days with no staining.

Hope that helps.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Make it stick(y) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL