The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Hollywood Squares?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1320 Posts

Profile of bond19
Anyone using Hollywood Squares by James Munton??

http://www.magicsells.com/Hollywood_Squares.html

Seems like it could play well and is adaptable to various presentations...

I'm after a new fun effect and this may be the one

Your thoughts are appreciated
James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
Hi,

Just saw this.

There is a review in this month's Linking Ring magazine. I'm pleased to say it was a very good review!!!

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Best,
James
tparrett62
View Profile
Regular user
New York
171 Posts

Profile of tparrett62
Bond19-

I bought it and I am very pleased with it. You can adapt it to a variety of uses- here's one I am reluctant to tip, but I will anyway. If you have a professional sports team (baseball/hockey/basketball) in your area- minor league level is an easier approach than major league- offer to perform it at half-time/between innings/whatever. Instead of using the movie stars as in the version James sells, you can follow his pattern and use the players on the team. Have the prediction revealed on the scoreboard- very dramatic.

You can get postcards done very inexpensively from many online sources. You can have your contact info put on the card, and have someone else foot the bill- a local business looking to co-op advertise. You can promote the hell out of it in your local media- "Local Magician reads 3,000 minds simultaneously" or some such. A great effect for a reasonable price.
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
James Munton is a lot of things, an entertainer, a professional handsome person, secret agent, marketing guru, but most of all James is one clever son of a gun.

Hollywood Squares is absolute brilliance. It is a trick, it is a comedy routine, it is a marketing tool, it's musical, magical, and a whole lot more. The best part is, Hollywood squares is FUN!!!!!!!!!! here is the blurb from James' website:

Quote:
"Want a hilarious, fully-scripted, audience-tested routine with tons of audience participation, that is self-working and GUARANTEES a standing ovation? Want a promo piece that will pay for itself in extra shows many times over?
#

As one of the country's busiest magicians James MUNTON has a client list that includes Hillary Clinton, Vice President Cheney and he has performed at the White House three times! He therefore has very high standards for any routine that hopes to make it into his act. Hollywood Stars is the exact routine that James created and has personally used to close many of his shows.
#

You are getting a complete audience-tested routine that receives a standing ovation every single time AND a very clever promotional piece that your audience will keep and show all their their friends.
#

Here is the routine:
#

You tell the audience they are going to play the "name-that-tune" game. They each have a postcard which has pictures of various hollywood stars. You whistle or hum (James uses a kazoo!) the tune from a famous movie and the audience has to shout out the name of the star. After a few tries you change the game a bit.
#

They randomly choose a movie star from one of the photos on the postcard and you are able to correctly guess which one every time! Not only that, but everyone in the audience has chosen the same movie star and because of your clever instructions everyone is now on their feet clapping as you take a bow and thank them for the standing ovation!
#

You get the complete script to put this amazing routine STRAIGHT into your act. And if that were all you were getting you\'d be very happy. But this is so much more than a fun interactive routine.
#

Since everybody ends up with a postcard, you can print your advertising information on the reverse and make sure everyone goes home with your contact information!
#

You will receive a CD-Rom with the files to print your own postcards and space on the reverse to add your advertising information! You can either print them at home on your printer, or you can send them to get cheaply printed on the internet (James shows you where to get 1,000 postcards printed for just $35).
#

You'll also get the full audience-tested script which includes a devilishly clever way to get EVERYONE in the audience on their feet cheering for you - you might even find a way to use this idea with other routines you do!"

It is everything it promises and a whole lot more. if you do not want to sing the theme songs if you do impressions you could pretend to 'channel' the actor and do an imitation. What comedy potential lies within this simple and elegant little piece of sweetness.

Bottom line is it is a complete piece that would suit almost any working professional's act. The premise and plot rely on simple, time tested, nearly self working, devices. Everybody wins, everybody takes home a 'prize' that has your contact information on it and will allow THEM to do the trick to their friends and family. Freaking brilliant! Really!

Buy it here and have fun!

http://www.magicsells.com/Hollywood_Squares.html

Thanks James, I'm loving it!

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1320 Posts

Profile of bond19
Guys,

That's all I need.. big thanks

It will be my very next investment (after the Xmas credit card had been cleared)

Cheers
Chris
James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
Danny, Thank you for the kind words! I am glad you like it.

Terry, Fantastic idea! Thank you!

Best,
James
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Hollywood Squares?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL