The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Lost Season Four - Finale Discussion. Spoilers, etc. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
If your an avid lost fan and haven't seen season four or the finale, I recommend staying away.

Thought on the finale?? Do you think the Island moved through time and space or just moved location? Location seems more viable as Charles claimed he used to own the island, perhaps he knew the location before it was currently moved? If you moved it forwards in time it would still be there? If you moved it back in time it would explain all the "dead" people popping up and they would no longer just be visions.

Locke dead suggests they moved it to the future....
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I think they moved it in location only, and not time.

What's going to happen with the helicopter?

- Donald

P.S. It's been a while since I saw the finale. I know the show pretty well, but I don't own any of the DVD sets.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
The time distortions with the helicopter and the rocket experiment, and Ben's jump forward in time into the desert after moving thenisland would seem to suggest this.

Also, my guess is that Richard Alpert will be revealed to be/have been the "1st mate" of the Black Rock.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I think your right about Richard, I imagine Richard also found Ben. Do you think Jacob controls the island?

Think Whitmore was black rock or Dharma or neither?

I think the helicopter may stumble across the island by accident??
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2008-11-27 17:50, Rupert Bair wrote:
I think your right about Richard, I imagine Richard also found Ben. Do you think Jacob controls the island?

Think Whitmore was black rock or Dharma or neither?

I think the helicopter may stumble across the island by accident??

Jakob will probably be revealed to be the captain of the Black Rock and doesn't really exist as a human any more. It's puzzling to me that the DHARMA people never found the ship, though... Was it deep in "Other's Territory"?

Whitmore has already been identified as the prime mover behind DHARMA (Hanzo is much more interesting to me so little info available on such an important character!)

I hope we see more of MacCutheon Whiskey!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Hanso's father Magnus apparently captained the ship...
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Quote:
On 2008-11-28 01:41, Rupert Bair wrote:

Where did you get that? there are SO many unanswered questions...

In the preview for the jan.20 show, there is a scene with jack (with beard) and Ben, it LOOKS like the funeral parlor where Locke is in the coffin. anyone notice this?

I forgot, who is richard alpert?
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Isn't this the final season? Any one know why there was a darma symbol on the shark from a couple seasons ago?

who is your fav character?

gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2008-11-28 15:34, kcg5 wrote:
Quote:

If I'm not mistaken, that is "extra" info given out in the LOST video games, and cannot be taken as "cannon" as such. I first saw this info while looking at the lost wiki.

Is the name "Hanzo" mentioned in the scene where the 1st. mate's journal is being auctioned?

Alpert is one of the "Others" who shows up at various points during the show, most notably when Locke is a mere child (he tests him for special abilities and young Locke fails...). He seems to be the exact same apparent age then as he does in the show's current time. Weird!
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2008-11-28 15:36, kcg5 wrote:
Isn't this the final season? Any one know why there was a darma symbol on the shark from a couple seasons ago?

who is your fav character?

In the commentary track, the writers mention that this was meant as a throw-away "gag", but so many viewers commented on it that they just ran with it, after the fact ...and it ultimately blossomed into "The Orchid Station" and it's entire storyline...

Kinda neat how the various plots evolve organically despite the overall storyline being fixed...

My fav. character is Locke. He's such a great "born loser overcoming adversity" archetype. Sometimes his deadpan delivery made me laugh outloud.

My least favorite would have to be Claire, such a little twit always running off half-cocked at any provocation (quite a few other characters are like that in the show, as well)...

Second least favorite: Kate. I am so just NOT INTERESTED in her little "personal tragedy of her own creation" story. Her enormous, simpering "cow eyes" notwithstanding... She's another one who runs off and screws everything up at the merest drop of a hat!
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I like Ben. I used to like Locke but I think he's lost his way! Same for Jack used to be cool, now getting tired. Couldn't stand Charlie.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
With the shark I presumed the island was almost had a forcefield around it, the island and a radius around it was movable so that the dharma animals (presume there are more)could not leave...perhaps if they found the "wormhole" that they used to get to and from the island.

There was only meant to be 6 Dharma stations? Think this was part of the writers new ideas, creating new stations to further plot lines, little inconsistent, unless they where all planned as secret ones from the start?
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
If you look at the blast door map, you'll see that there is plenty of room for "interpretation"

there's an even larger pix of the blast door map HERE but I couldn't 'port it over for some reason...
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Quote:
On 2008-11-28 15:45, gaddy wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-11-28 15:34, kcg5 wrote:
Quote:

Alpert is one of the "Others" who shows up at various points during the show, most notably when Locke is a mere child (he tests him for special abilities and young Locke fails...). He seems to be the exact same apparent age then as he does in the show's current time. Weird!

That thing they did with locke as a boy is very much like the way that they pick the dalai lama. I forgot about alpert, he is a great character. I think Ben is the best. That scene where they shot his daughter was intense. He is the hannibal lecter of TV.

gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2008-11-29 17:15, kcg5 wrote:
I think Ben is the best. That scene where they shot his daughter was intense. He is the hannibal lecter of TV.

Yep. Ben is my #2 guy. My question is: why does he continue to work "for" the Island, now that he is essentially exiled?
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Once a leader always a leader, plus he doesn't want Charles to have it.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
Isn't this the final season?

I didn't see anyone answer this question for you. But, no, this is the second to final season coming up in January 2009. The final season will be in January 2010. There are going to be 6 seasons total.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Quote:
On 2008-11-29 19:48, Donald Dunphy wrote:
Quote:
Isn't this the final season?

I didn't see anyone answer this question for you. But, no, this is the second to final season coming up in January 2009. The final season will be in January 2010. There are going to be 6 seasons total.

- Donald

Thank you.

Any theories as to who the guy in the cabin really is? Or as to what that machine thing that Ben broke (by placing metal objects in that room then turning it on) is, or its function?

anyone else feel like they need to watch all the shows again to catch up?????

gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I thought about re-watching the show, but it's too big a time commitment just to catch some extra easter eggs. Besides, they'll have a big re-cap right before the premere of the new season, anyhow...

The machine Ben broke was a part of the DHARMA initiative's time travel experiments, The rocky carapace behind it lead directly to "the old Wheel" but given the nature of the island's own time altering effects, I have to wonder if it was A. just DHARMA's smoke screen for the island's own real power, or B. like Ben described it "Children playing with toys".

I have no idea who/what Jakob is! Too bizarre to even speculate!
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Jakob could just be a dreamweaver...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Lost Season Four - Finale Discussion. Spoilers, etc. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL