We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Tricks you have created... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
I'd like to see if any of the people around here who don't necessarily have a big name in magic yet, have any effects that they have created. Just a curiosity thing. Thanks for any replies.

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
Euan
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Euan
Um, me! Lots and lots of them Smile look! *points to a pile of notes* see! Smile

--Euan
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
Yep, I have plently. Card Fusion, Bill Fusion. BTW, if you want to see a video of Bill Fusion, email me: Ben7217@aol.com

Tic Tac WHOA! An awesome ungimmicked three coins through hank routine, a card routine using the reality twister, a bill change using "the melt change", a card routine where the spec picks a card, signs it, then you put it into the middle of the deck. With a riffle all the cards change color. You fip over the deck, and there is one card flipped over. You grab it and the other two cards surrounding it, to reveal that all but two cards changed color and the one in-between is their signed card.

Hmm what else...copper/silver purse, 3fly spell bound (the coins are in the three fly position), another bill change, using the same gimmick as bill fusion, and others, that I just can't seem to remember right now.

Oh yeah, I had an interesting, pen through card routine, where the pen was borrowed. And I have a floating ring routine with a new hook up, and some routines with the Silver Shifter.

And I still think I am forgetting some. I love creating new magic!!

How could I forget my torn and restored card routine? I love it.

Smile
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
Just write them down. That is what I do. Now, all I have to do is write down the methods. I'd better keep using them all or I am going to forget the methods!!!

Andrew

Smile
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
Instead of emailing me for the video, I posted it up at sleightgeek.com Here is a link for Bill Fusion
[outdated link]

I think that will work...
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Yeah I have three on the market and countless more in the works or that are unpublished. For what it is worth you can see Video demos of the three at http://www.scottimler.com
Enjoy

Scott
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
I have some too! It's nice to know that there are many people who love to THINK more!! Thinking more, then test the new materials, finally you will have the brand new MAGIC!

Michael Lam
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
Vincenzo
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
202 Posts

Profile of Vincenzo
Division.
A sawing in half type illusion with a laser.
[outdated link]
Chris Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
Mansfield, TX
155 Posts

Profile of Chris Boyd
I had a couple card effects published on the Visions website, http://www.online-visions.com/effects/index-cards.html called COLORevealed and Hot Shot ESP. I am really proud of the first one.
Chris Boyd
"Jaws dropping is the sweetest sound..."
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Good going folks! It is probably more interesting to perform original material than to do other people's routines. It's also a great way to get into character as a magician.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
I don't think I count as a big name, so I suppose I count... in which case, I have three commercial effects, a published set of notes, and a lot of unpublished effects, some great, some awful Smile

--A
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Night_Crawler
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Night_Crawler
I am not selling any of these effects, but I have an awesome three card monte routine (ungaffed cards), a matrix, a really cool card to wallet and some other cool stuff that I don't remember right now... Smile

Night_Crawler
Fred E. Bert
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
359 Posts

Profile of Fred E. Bert
I enjoy the THINKING behind magic as much as the performance. I have come up with several routines of my own, some of which are still waiting to be performed. It's a great feeling to see your own stuff get as big a reaction as the classics. I have a great torn & restored card which allows the SPECTATOR to tear the card, and sign the card AFTER it's torn... I'd have to say Paul Harris is my biggest influence in creating material. His Art Of Astonishment books definitely planted a seed Smile I had an effect published on Meir Yedid's site many years ago. You can find a copy of it here:

http://members.aol.com/MagicDan/docs/cc2......20Switch
ekozuch
View Profile
Veteran user
argentina
329 Posts

Profile of ekozuch
HELLO EVERYBODY!!!

I am Eduardo Kozuch, I am from Argentina and probably a very few of you have heard about me.

I have some commercial effects, (astrological sign, marker epic, artistic fish, flying jumbo cards, box of Buddha and Merlin's coffer) and in a week or two weeks time I will release another two new effects: cards switcher (for jumbo and for regular size cards) and "newspaper prediction", and a lot of unpublished no gimmicked effects.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I invented a cool cut/revalation called the spider cut, and I came up with a zombie cup of noodles, that turn into a zombie fork after the cup is removed.
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1240 Posts

Profile of Jeff
I've had effects published on Visions and in AM/PM magazine. My current effect is a ring and rubberband link called "The Joining."

Check it out...

Jeff

[outdated link]
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
My friend and I created something called inside-out. It's like "Back in Time" by Jay Sankey. (We learned back in time after we made it up.)
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I have a history of creating things, many of which have been published. Whatever I created or invented was motivated by wanting to show an audience something magical. I'm far from a "big name" or well known author. Just a guy who solved some problems and shared his solutions and vision.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
Being creative is half the fun of magic -- and what you can do when you're not performing.
I started creating tricks based on a new sleight I just learned/invented (which usually already existed), then I tended to create tricks based on a certain gaff card or prop ("Now how could I use this red backed/blue backed card?").
My best tricks are the ones that just *happen*: serendipity, whatever. No planning, just messing around. Creativity juices flow high ~3am with a friend of mine. Usually having another magician around helps, the 2 heads are better than one deal.

I concentrate mostly on cards b/c that's what I do. My personal favorite and best is:
"Psychic Energy Burn/Tattoo** (a bizarre revelation of a card burned onto your skin via psychic energy when the spectator concentrates on their card. Fireless but shriek-prone reaction! Smile )" It's simple, more performing than sleighting, and it engages the audience member(s) -- they love it!
The best sleight my friends & I created we call the 21st Century Tilt.

Go to my website, click on the Ace of Hearts on the sidebar. Then go to "no boundaries" for more.

--Diavo Smile
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Hi there,

I had a packet effect released on the market a while back called "Bank job". You can watch a demo here:

http://www.jbtv.co.uk

And I have a new effect coming out soon called "Matchbox" so watch out for that one at the dealers.
Smile

Also, if anyone's interested, fellow countryman and top class card man Peter Duffie kindly published a trick of mine on his website from a book I'm putting together at the moment called "Assembled with a Twist". Check it out here:

[outdated link]

I had something published in Visions a while back also, can't remember what though.

Cheers,

Dave. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Tricks you have created... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL