The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Tricks you have created... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
meilechl
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of meilechl
I've an excellent revelation combining cards and coins [outdated link]

A sleight free spectator finds his card in an impossible way [outdated link]

A five coin production
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
726 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
I have created a few. One where a spectator is placed into a trance and when he/she is awaken, they claim to have seen a ghost/spirit saying the name of a person another spectator is thinking of.
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1261 Posts

Profile of reese
Mental Mike, I love that idea and look forward to you publishing it!
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
726 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
Thanks. If you like that idea, I'm working on another that you'd love!
CamelotFX
View Profile
Special user
Minnesota
596 Posts

Profile of CamelotFX
My gags are all special effects for low-and-medium-budget live theatre. I designed an effect for a production of Noel Coward's "Blithe Spirit" called "Anderson's Ghost" which has now become a staple in my inventory:

The actor enters the stage totally transparent. She turns her back to the audience and manipulates pictures on the wall, books on a shelf and picks up a rose from a vase, all visible through her body. When she turns she is holding the rose and it's gone from the vase. As she arrives center stage she becomes more opaque until she is completely solid.

The illusion also works in reverse. I'll be posting a video of it on my blogsite soon.
dg
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of dg
The Exchange
Oz Fan
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Oz Fan
A few more

Reverse
Out Cold
Arch Enemy
Mental Control
Paper or Prediction
Sigmental
Blake S.
RBerteig
View Profile
Regular user
Monrovia, California
146 Posts

Profile of RBerteig
I keep a notebook (now more than one) and jot in it everything from raw inspirations to complete routines. Every so often I re-read and mine them for ideas that can be developed further, or combined with others.

Although I don't currently perform very much that is wholly my own, I try to at least re-write if not write presentations from scratch for everything I do perform.

There are a few items in those notebooks that I know I should find a published home for. Perhaps one day in my infinite free time...
Ross Berteig
Wizards in my Parlor
DrBob
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of DrBob
I think every magician has created more tricks than any of us realize. By learning from each other we often are creating new routines and what we think are our own new tricks.... but I'll bet that everything we come up with has probably already been done by someone, somewhere and we just don't know it. Anyway, they are each new to us as we come up with them. Smile
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
I have two that I am really happy with.

Seamless; A no folding piece by piece T&R and
Signature Swindle; a spectatore signature jumps from one card to another. Sounds familiar? Here's the twist, it's done on the face of the cards.

If you want you can see demos of them here;

http://magicbywest.tripod.com/id3.html
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
freakshowjim
View Profile
New user
singapore
66 Posts

Profile of freakshowjim
I don't know if it's original, but I've come up with a method to do balloon swollowing using an unprepared balloon, the 260' balloon can be examined after it is being inflated and the trick ends the same way, I like it, totally 'impromtu'
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Man I've got way too much time on my hands I have dozens of tricks & routines that are my own, from close-up to stage, heres a few of my favorites...

TRIPLE KOIN BYPASS-3 half dollars penetrate a shot glass, table top, okito box and deck of cards, one half dollar finds a selected card, penetrates the chosen card which is now seen to have a round hole thru it, the coin has the missing piece glued on one side. The deck is shown to be all jokers. Everything can be examined.

ANOTHER KARD FRAME- Cards examined, picture frame examined. Card is chosen, corner torn off,crad is placed back in deck. The cards are sprung at the frame and the chosen card visibly appears inside frame, once again the frame is examined. No duplicate cards!!!

MY MONEY PADDLE- This wooden paddle has many uses...show both sides, produce a penny, toss in hand & it turns into a quarter. Produce another penny, tap it w/paddle and it visually turns into a dime. In all routines everything can be examined!

CHOSEN CARD & DECK IN SEALED BOTTLE- Everything can be examined before & after. A card is selected & lost in the deck, a coke bottle is slammed against the deck and the whole deck appears inside the bottle, the safety seal on the cap is unbroken.

These are just a few and they are my favorites, someday I may put them on a DVD.

Johnny Mystic
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
jonnycardel
View Profile
New user
England (lakes)
50 Posts

Profile of jonnycardel
Iv,e invented a many tricks & routeens but not published any and I,ve been compiling a book of what I consider mega affects for many years Smile
Magician walks down the road and turned into a bar, da daaa
jonnycardel
View Profile
New user
England (lakes)
50 Posts

Profile of jonnycardel
I,m inventing a new trick now but I'm hopeless at craft work, the creative bit I find easy but the making is very very hard (frustrating every thing goes rong)
Magician walks down the road and turned into a bar, da daaa
magicshift
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of magicshift
I have several tricks my most recent is called the bill flick where you take a one dollar bill hold it in your hand and shake your hand the bill visably changes to a five dollar bill no covers.
Zak1392
View Profile
New user
Naracoorte, South Australia
1 Post

Profile of Zak1392
Zachary Keeping
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Unpublished.

• "Tinkle"- A finger ring is dropped into a glass. After a moment it moves.
  • "Spirit Walk"- Red and blue decks. A card is selected from and lost in red deck, boxed and laid on the table. This boxed red deck moves, then the blue, boxed deck moves. The cards are dumped from the red deck box. The selection is gone. Blue deck is removed from the box and fanned. One card is face up. When turned over it is red backed.

Actually I may have submitted these to the Electronic Grymoire a few years ago.
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
I have the following effects out on the market:

- Magic Enhancer Volume 1
- InKa
- The Amazing, Mystical Vanishing Bandana
- GhostShelf

Oh yeah, and Magic Enhancer Volume 2 will be released soon.

Robert Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
Andrew Sway
View Profile
Loyal user
-------
234 Posts

Profile of Andrew Sway
Ive invented two effect:

Silent Transmission

Connected mindz

maybe I will publish them next year

both are still in my repetoire
McAllisterMagic
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of McAllisterMagic
I have many created effects, but I have had only a few published. Andrew Mayne just published one of my effects in his online magazine "Magiczine". It's a new take on the wizard's list effect, more modern and pratical. Check it out at
http://www.magiczine.com

It's Called "Cellular Divination "

Cheers
Francis McAllister
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Tricks you have created... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL