The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Telephone Bill (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
If performing in person, I think that it is an ideal phase to blend with Mirabill (also by Bill Cushman). I love three phase routines and I'd probably do the two phases of Mirabill and one phase of Telephone Bill. Then again, maybe one phase of Mirabill and two phases of Telephone Bill. (AAARGH!! Decisions, decisions....)

Of course, Telephone Bill over the phone is still a dandy effect by itself.

Just, IMHO. Your mileage may vary.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Jack Maxwell
View Profile
New user
South Florida
11 Posts

Profile of Jack Maxwell
This is really cool! Doc did this and blew my mind. I didn't tell him anything useful and he obviously didn't see s**t. He refused to tell me the work until the next time we get together and I haven't come close to figuring it out. And I consider myself a cardguy! I hate mentalists! Just kidding Smile
It's not knowing which bridges to cross. It's knowing which ones to burn.<br><br>www.WizardsApprenticeMagic.com
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
Hey folks,
I've ordered it.
The idea, or rather the concept is awesome.
But I am missing something.
It lacks the story to me.
The lack of WOW in the trick.
Perhaps I missed something in the description.
How you present the concept?
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Hi Marc,

You ask a fair question and I'll give you a fair answer. I put in some broad clues to the storyline I use but I didn't want to say too much and interfere with the creative process needed to make it your own. You can also see from comments on this thread by others, some hints toward their scripting.

I emphasize remote viewing. You can see how others apply a theme of clairvoyance or mind reading. Elsewhere a "You do as I do" is mentioned.

The remote viewing tact, as mentioned by others, dovetails nicely into the impressions you receive that have nothing whatsoever to do with final revelation of the number of the cards.

And there is a visualization component of having the guest imagine you are sitting across from them. Get them to imagine you in the room and you are already in their head. I didn't detail the visualization too much becuase if it is your kind of thing it will grow organically and exponentially when you do it.

That will amp up your WOW factor without even using a specific story. More a process unfolding until they hold their hand above a pile of cards you can't know anything about and then you reveal the number of cards of the target color. Something they don't know until they count them!

And don't underestimate the power of having the guest count the way I teach in Telephone Bill. It provides a strong build, marks that the effect is over and leaves the guest no where to go but into a tailspin.

If you're still not sure where to start, try going with one of the above and see where it takes you.

Come back with more questions if needed and feel free to PM or email.

Best,

Bill
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
It's up at Outlaw-Effects new digs:

http://www.outlaw-effects.com/store/the-......one.html

Love the effect Bill, brilliant!

Luke
p_n_g
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of p_n_g
I have just received this, and I am very satisfied!
I adapted this to a "new version" : instead of the cards I use coins, cause I think more people has change money than cards.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Good thinking p_n_g! Thematically, I have my reasons for using cards but I'm definitely going to try out your adaptiation. How do you handle the use of coins in your presentation? If not appropriate to post, please PM me.

And Luke, you are the best. Everyone start clapping your hands, go back a page and look at the new ad for Telephone Bill that Luke kindly created for me; It practically pops off of the page!
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I love the ad!
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3623 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Y'all talked me into it, just ordered it!
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Thanks Bill! To be honest though, the ad doesn't do Telpehone Bill justice... It may pop off the page, but I used this on a couple of friends the other day and popped their minds! I love your thinking, keep 'em coming!

Luke
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
If you'd like to do you own "mind popping" at a discount, check out "Dr. Bill's Holiday Sale" on the Penny For Your Thoughts thread! Buy any one ebook and get the rest of your order at 20% off. Check out the specifics on the thread. And thanks for a great catch phrase, Luke!
p_n_g
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of p_n_g
Quote:
On 2008-12-19 09:47, Bill Cushman wrote:
Good thinking p_n_g! Thematically, I have my reasons for using cards but I'm definitely going to try out your adaptiation. How do you handle the use of coins in your presentation? If not appropriate to post, please PM me.

And Luke, you are the best. Everyone start clapping your hands, go back a page and look at the new ad for Telephone Bill that Luke kindly created for me; It practically pops off of the page!

Hi! Just sent you a pm!
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Thanks for the PM! It looks very interesting but I need to read it in the morning when my head is clear. I have at least one question and will PM you back.

From what I do understand so far, this is an absorbing presentation using coins rather than cards. I like your style!
p_n_g
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of p_n_g
Hi!

Just sent you 2 pm, because I made a mistake in the first one, and sent you an other (hopefully better) example.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Got it! My question is answered with your pointing out the mistake. That is exactly what confused me.

I like the alternative presentation a lot as well. The premise you use in either case, is very engaging. Thanks!

Bill
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I don't suppose you fellas would like to share with the rest of the class?

:)

Nathan
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
That is up to p_n_g who can p_m_ m_e_ if he would like to discuss this matter!
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Picture me with sad puppy dog eyes right now....

Nathan
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3623 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I did this effect for my two teenage kids last night and it went over very well. Some friends came over and I repeated it for them (I did it in a very casual manner). To my surprise they were very impressed. For such a simple and very well priced e-book, I can say that this is a sure winner.

Great thinking! I cant wait to try it out over the phone!
p_n_g
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of p_n_g
If anyone interested in my presentation with coins then please p.m. me for details.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Telephone Bill (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL