The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review: Blank! DVD – Craig Petty (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Ok, that clears it up a lot because playing to the camera gave one of those "Uhm, like duh, I see what's going on" but doing it in a in the hand and playing to multiple spectator's I can understand how this will totally fly by Smile Love your Mirage set as I am still working on it bit by bit (the international matrix with backfire is ridiculously easy though, ridiculously so, but I'm trying to work through the coins across routine and hoping to pick up an okito box for the Mirage Box routine). I am looking forward to eventually picking up Blank as the gaffs provided are quite useful. As a side note Craig, an intentions on producing the Mirage gimmicks with a Johnson style you-know-what? My concern is oxidation/tarnishing (this one doesn't appear to tarnish at all). It's a minor part to the set but I was just wondering.
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Just got my DVD in today.
Wow, I love this kind of stuff!

Thanks!
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
mrehula
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of mrehula
Weird. I bought a 'coin thru dollar bill' coin, thinking that there were endless possibilities for this gaff. Then Craig Petty releases the Split Happens DVD. Over new year's I discovered I Dream of Mindreading from the Talk About Tricks, which reminded me about Point Blank from Greg Wilson's Pyrotechnic Pasteboards DVD. Both routines had me scrounging through my box of decks for my blank cards. Now I see that Craig has an entire DVD with blank cards? Sold. Especially since it's getting such good comments here, I'm really looking forward to playing around with the routines. Next I'm expecting a mind reading DVD from him, since he seems to be reading my mind!
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
I really don't think that there is anything you can buy from Craig and end up being disappointed. Blank was one of my top 3 best purchases of 2008.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Thanks everyone for all the kind comments regarding Blank - its fantastic to hear that you guys are enjoying the material.

Professorwhut - Glad to hear you have received your DVD and you are having fun with it. When you have played around with the material let me know what you think

Mrehula - I guess I must be one step ahead of you! I will start working on that mindreading DVD Smile Glad you like the split coin and you are buying Blank. When you get it let me know what you think of the material.

Nico - WOW, in your top 3 best purchases of 2008. I am honored, thank you so much.

Thanks to everyone who has reviewed Blank on this thread. If anyone else has anything else they want to add go ahead. I love hearing performance stories with my material.

Craig
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
I would like to add another response to the valid concern raised by Kissdadookie in regard to the repeated flustration count in 'Misprint'.
When practicing, I wasn't sure about the repeated move, but when performing the routine - which I have done several times now (twice to other magicians) - Craig is right in that the move flies by. The specs' focus on the moment of initial change, where as the counts are just confirming the all backs, all faces etc. and seem to create their own natural offbeat.
This is only my limited experience (not Craig's 10 years worth), but aside from a change of patter, I have had no motivation at all to change the main handing. There is a lot of visual magic in this routine (which is 'in the hands', and can be performed surrounded in a noisy venue), and I now carry it in my wallet.

Craigs stuff is very magical, direct, and excellent value (unfortunately I'm not on a retainer) And of course Misprint, Face Off, Mistique, Speed Camera cards..
I would give this DVD my highest recommendation - except perhaps Mr Rorrison has a point.. don't buy it - we want this material all for ourselves!
ninjaduffy
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
332 Posts

Profile of ninjaduffy
Yo Craig... Its Magic Kev here from just down the road.. just checked out the video clip on the World Magic Shop web site of your blank DVD, then popped here to find some reviews. What can I say, it seems it will HAVE to be my next purchase..

I cant wait..

Kev.
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
I have been performing Misprint like crazy. The FC's really do fly right by, especially the first count, all you see is BLANK cards. This even fooled my wife, who has seen me do tricks with the FC count for many, many years!

I am now off to practice Mistique.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Professor,
The reactions you will get with Mistique are unbelievable. Share with us how it goes.

Nico
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2009-01-08 04:01, puggo wrote:
I would like to add another response to the valid concern raised by Kissdadookie in regard to the repeated flustration count in 'Misprint'.
When practicing, I wasn't sure about the repeated move, but when performing the routine - which I have done several times now (twice to other magicians) - Craig is right in that the move flies by. The specs' focus on the moment of initial change, where as the counts are just confirming the all backs, all faces etc. and seem to create their own natural offbeat.
This is only my limited experience (not Craig's 10 years worth), but aside from a change of patter, I have had no motivation at all to change the main handing. There is a lot of visual magic in this routine (which is 'in the hands', and can be performed surrounded in a noisy venue), and I now carry it in my wallet.

Craigs stuff is very magical, direct, and excellent value (unfortunately I'm not on a retainer) And of course Misprint, Face Off, Mistique, Speed Camera cards..
I would give this DVD my highest recommendation - except perhaps Mr Rorrison has a point.. don't buy it - we want this material all for ourselves!

Thanks Puggo. I was actually lecturing on Blank the other night at a magic club in and was explaining Misprint. Despite there being a room full of magicians all of whom know the Flustration count the routine fooled all of them. Glad to see it has become a mainstay in your wallet - that's great.

Professor - The world famous wife test. I know if any of my routines fool my wife Sarah they MUST be good Smile Like Nico said let me know how you get along with Mistique - I am sure you will have fun.

Kev - How you doing, I haven't seen you in ages - I hope you are well. You really will like the routines on Blank. Remember when I was working that restaurant and bar in Telford and you walked in while I was doing my multiple selections routine for about 12 people in the bar? It was about three years ago now but I remember I was performing a lot of the stuff from Blank that day so you might have seen some of the stuff in action. If you have any questions on anything let me know and don't forget to let me know how the material plays for you when you get the DVD.

Thanks everyone for the continued feedback - keep it coming.

Craig
Ethan
View Profile
Regular user
UK
142 Posts

Profile of Ethan
I watched Craig lecture last night and he spent some time on routines with Blank cards. Face Off is such a strong routine and the moves are all done before the magic even starts in the eyes of the spectators. I also agree with everyone that Misprint is one of the most visually impressive packet tricks I have seen.

One thing that craig talked about in his lecture that I really agree with is that if you are going to perform magic with cards it needs to look different right from the start. We have all had that situation where we pull out a pack of cards and the layman says they have seen that one before we have even done anything. Blank cards are such a strange thing to a layman they become interested in the effect before you have even done anything.

I really think that everyone that buys this DVD will get at least 2 tricks from it. The whole thing in my opinion is excellent value for money.

Ethan
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2009-01-14 08:13, Ethan wrote:
I watched Craig lecture last night and he spent some time on routines with Blank cards. Face Off is such a strong routine and the moves are all done before the magic even starts in the eyes of the spectators. I also agree with everyone that Misprint is one of the most visually impressive packet tricks I have seen.

One thing that craig talked about in his lecture that I really agree with is that if you are going to perform magic with cards it needs to look different right from the start. We have all had that situation where we pull out a pack of cards and the layman says they have seen that one before we have even done anything. Blank cards are such a strange thing to a layman they become interested in the effect before you have even done anything.

I really think that everyone that buys this DVD will get at least 2 tricks from it. The whole thing in my opinion is excellent value for money.

Ethan

Thanks Ethan and also thanks to everyone who came to the World Magic Shop dealer stand at The Session convention over the weekend. I met some great people who were all interested in my products. Blank was a big hit with loads of people coming back again and agin to see the routines demonstrated. I am pretty sure we sold out of our stock of Blank on the day so thanks to everyone who brought it and if you want to leave reviews please do.

Craig
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
For those of you that own Blank you will know we have set up a special forum for people that have brought the DVD where we are discussing everything to do with the DVD including other ideas with Blank cards.

I just wanted everyone to know that has the DVD I am now online on the forum and would love to hear any questions you guys might have that we cannot discuss in a public forum.

The site address is http://www.wizardmagicchat.com

See you there

Craig
ajb6864
View Profile
Special user
Greece
637 Posts

Profile of ajb6864
I really like "Blank", but I'll tell you why.

If you perform magic for NORMAL people, they are blown away by the fact that you could have a blank faced card anyway, but Craig adds a few nice plots to add to the wonder.

"Misprint" is my favourite item and it works really well in a walk-around environment. In the short time that I've been using it, it has been well received. I previously had a blank deck routine, but the ideas on the dvd have definitely added value to what I previously performed.

You can tell that Craig has actually performed these routines for a real people because the scripts 'work'. That is, if you were just to perform the effects as Craig as recorded them, you would get excellent results, which is probably what you are looking for anyway.

In summary, a very good buy!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review: Blank! DVD – Craig Petty (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL