The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Presentational idea for European bill changers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ElCoral
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of ElCoral
Hello,

I am an American currently doing the tourist thing in Europe. Its the first time I've visited Europe in about 15 years, and I've been amazed at how simple it is now to travel between countries with the adoption of the Euro. This has given me a presentational idea for multi-bill switches. This is not that useful to me being an American but thought it might be useful to European magicians.

The idea is to find 4 old European currencies that match in size one of the Euro notes. For example you show one bill each of a franc, lira, guilder, and drachma. You then patter a little about the EU, one of the advantages being that currency became standardized. You perform Extreme Burn (or any other multi-bill switch) and transform the four different old bills into four 20 Euro bills.

(BTW, I am not saying for sure that the four currencies above are matches for size to the 20 note, this was just an example for illustration purpose. You will need to research to find a size match)

The advantage to this routine is it gives an alternative to changing magazine cutouts to bills, in a presentation that is logical. From reading these forums it appears that the different sized Euro bills are a common source of frustration for European magicians. So I thought this might be helpful to someone.
truesoldier
View Profile
Inner circle
1191 Posts

Profile of truesoldier
Nice idea Elcoral
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Presentational idea for European bill changers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL