We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Kristen Johnson Attempts The Water Torture Cell (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1824 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Kristen Johnson will attempt the Famous Water Torture Cell in Indianapolis, Indiana tomorrow morning April 25th to kick off the Escape Artists Convention. It will be shown live on TV locally and rerun throughout the day. Kristen is the only female in the world currently attempting this escape and the only person attempting it completely visible. Several people from this board are already here and we have a great time thus far. I'll post how it went ... keep her in your prayers.

Kevin
http://www.livingillusions.com
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5269 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Good Luck Kristin! I wish I could be there to witness an “uncovered” Torture Cell escape!

Kevin, I’m looking forward to your updates about her escape and the convention in general.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Kevin,

Just wanted to let you and Kristen know I wish you both the best of luck today! Wish I could be there to see it!

As Harry said, please let us know about the convention and updates. Smile
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1824 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Well, the escape went very well. The TV station here aired it live and replayed it throughout the day, although the replays were fairly well chopped up.

Kristen was under water for 1 minute 37 seconds. Most people in attendance thought she was having trouble and were starting to get concerned, but she did just fine and came shooting out the top hatch to great applause.

Kristen attempted the feat again on Saturday to close the dinner show for the First Annual Escape Artist Convention and 22nd Annual Crossroads of America Lock Show. The segment aired in several markets around the country throughout the weekend. Many thanks to the people here that were there to support her. I will post a review of the convention. I am thrilled to say it went very well and we made some great friends, many from right here on the Café.

Thanks again for all your support guys.

Kevin
http://www.livingillusions.com
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Kristen did a great job! I was honored to be a small part of it ... in the audience cheering her on at both the TV spot and at the Saturday night show.

Kevin, it was great seeing the two of you again. Let's not make it so long before we see each other again!

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Kristen, congratulations on the Torture Cell escape. It was great to see it live and to witness how dangerous it really was. The photos I took turned out great.

I was told by many at the Lock show that Kevin and Kristen's Living Illusions show was the best entertainment ever seen there. Meeting with them both and seeing the passion they have for their audience and their craft makes this understandable.

Thank you both also for your hospitality and friendship.

Ian McColl
John Bushey
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of John Bushey
As a regular at the lock show for the past several years I will echo that Kevin and Kristen's performance was the best I've seen by far at the lock show. The PR surrounding the WTC was GREAT, and Kristen did an incredible job. It was exciting to witness, and I wish them the best as they take it on the road.

It was a pleasure to meet them, and see so many other friends there as well.

John Bushey
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Kristen Johnson Attempts The Water Torture Cell (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL