The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Other tricks to do with Scotch and Soda? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wackyvorlon
View Profile
New user
Sarnia, ON, Canada
72 Posts

Profile of wackyvorlon
I just bought myself scotch and soda. So far I've used it as a demonstration of inflation. Put the two coins in their palm, have them say "Inflation!", and the english penny disappears.

I was wondering, does anyone have favourite handlings of scotch and soda they could suggest? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1066 Posts

Profile of BCS
Hey WV,
You purchased a fantastic piece of magic, good luck with it. If you can, I would suggest finding a series of books titled Scotch and Soda by Ken Simmons. There were three in all.
Take care,
Bruce
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4757 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea the Stuff In Ken's books are Great! There some Cool card stuff. And I have An
International tranlocation In the 3 book!
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2693 Posts

Profile of sethb
There is an excellent DVD available with lots of good ideas for a Scotch & Soda set; it's made by Royal Magic (FUN, Inc). For $10 it's a great value, click HERE for more info.

This DVD also covers the Dime & Penny set, which works on the same principle, click HERE to view. The D&P set may even be superior, because it uses two coins that are very familiar in the U.S. (unlike a Mexican centavo). The Royal Magic D&P set also resets without a bang ring (just shake it in a glass). I carry the whole D&P set in a shot glass, which preserves the necessary setup arrangement and also resets the coins in a snap.

In addition to the usual tricks, the DVD also has an excellent effect that uses a 1/4" steel nut that you can get for about 50 cents in any hardware store. This one is worth the price of the DVD, in my opinion. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Magic from A to Z
View Profile
Veteran user
Sweet Home Alabama
400 Posts

Profile of Magic from A to Z
Wackyvorlon

I'll do the standard Scotch and Soda routine and have the Mexican centavo appear in the following
http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/search......=23&y=14

Spin the globe and explain that I traveled to Mexico in a magical way to retrieve the Mexican centavo.
wackyvorlon
View Profile
New user
Sarnia, ON, Canada
72 Posts

Profile of wackyvorlon
I'll have to get the D&P. I've been afraid to try resetting the scotch and soda in a public place, if someone saw it they'd have the secret. So usually I carry it in my pocket, do it once, and that's it for the day until I can get home and be in private again.
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
I recall there's a unique "Houdini Coin" S&S effect on one of Larry Davidson's "Scripted Insanity" DVDs. I especially like that one of the props is a certain something hidden in plain sight.
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
http://www.magicnook.com/magicbob
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2693 Posts

Profile of sethb
Wackyvorlon, I think it's possible to reset the S&S in public without tipping the effect.

At least in my opinion, even if someone saw you giving the bang ring one or two good whacks on a table, they would probably have no clue as to what you were doing. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
jtb
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of jtb
Don Alan does a nice version on his Greater Magi Video volume 28. Elmwood Magic also has a Scotch and Soda booklet but I haven't read it yet.

A great trick.

John B.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Other tricks to do with Scotch and Soda? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL