The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Capture" . . . Cap in bottle doesn't get any better. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..7..10..13..16..19..23~24~25 [Next]
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hello to my friends on the Magic Café,

I just had the pleasure of seeing a pre-release of Justin Miller's new effect called "Capture".

Effect:
The magician takes off the cap from a beer bottle.
Puts the cap on the spectator's hand.
Shows the bottle empty and ungimmicked.
Taps the cap on the spectator’s hand with the bottom of the bottle.
The cap is seen and felt to have penetrated the bottom of the bottle!!

Everything can be inspected and the bottle with the cap inside can be left as a souvenir.

You can perform Capture without sleeves and the reset with a new bottle takes a couple minutes.

This really fried me the first time I saw it. Justin has put in some really clever thinking into Capture.

The positives are you’re left with a FLAT cap inside of a bottle (the specs can’t remove the cap from the bottle without breaking it) that got there in the most magical way possible.

The only negative that I can say about Capture is that it’s not as impromptu as the other cap in bottle tricks that are already on the market. But, in my opinion the positives out way this negative.

In conclusion, Capture is a very practical effect for the working magician as well as the casual hobbyist. I’m definitely going to add this to my repertoire.

Greg Rostami
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
And it's coming out soon from Kozmo Magic!
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
Another cap in bottle effect! having seen what Justin has come up in the past years, I'm sure this effect will be practical and really a killer. Smile
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
taiwanben
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of taiwanben
Quote:
On 2008-12-01 18:18, Greg Rostami wrote:
Hello to my friends on the Magic Café,

I just had the pleasure of seeing a pre-release of Justin Miller's new effect called "Capture".

Effect:
The magician takes off the cap from a beer bottle.
Puts the cap on the spectator's hand.
Shows the bottle empty and ungimmicked.
Taps the cap on the spectator’s hand with the bottom of the bottle.
The cap is seen and felt to have penetrated the bottom of the bottle!!

Everything can be inspected and the bottle with the cap inside can be left as a souvenir.

You can perform Capture without sleeves and the reset with a new bottle takes a couple minutes.

This really fried me the first time I saw it. Justin has put in some really clever thinking into Capture.

The positives are you’re left with a FLAT cap inside of a bottle (the specs can’t remove the cap from the bottle without breaking it) that got there in the most magical way possible.

The only negative that I can say about Capture is that it’s not as impromptu as the other cap in bottle tricks that are already on the market. But, in my opinion the positives out way this negative.

In conclusion, Capture is a very practical effect for the working magician as well as the casual hobbyist. I’m definitely going to add this to my repertoire.

Greg Rostami

Any demo video?
Pauldela
View Profile
Special user
U.K
882 Posts

Profile of Pauldela
Cap thru bottles wich need a set up, can't be near as strong as walking up to somone picking up their bottle and tapping it through (Prohibition).

But this could play really strong in some settings.

Sounds like a good product!
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Pauldela, Capture looks just like what you describe. walk up to a set... do some magic for them cards, coins, etc.. and then pick up a bottle and push the cap right through the bottom.

JM
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Justin only releases top notch stuff. I am sure this will be no exception!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
I saw it live. It's beautiful and very clean!

Max
brainman
View Profile
Special user
971 Posts

Profile of brainman
Demo???
; )
Pauldela
View Profile
Special user
U.K
882 Posts

Profile of Pauldela
Quote:
On 2008-12-02 14:43, Justin N. Miller wrote:
Pauldela, Capture looks just like what you describe.
JM

So you can set up their bottle, in front of them?

Because I described it as 'pick up THEIR bottle'.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-12-02 16:27, Pauldela wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-12-02 14:43, Justin N. Miller wrote:
Pauldela, Capture looks just like what you describe.
JM

So you can set up their bottle, in front of them?

Because I described it as 'pick up THEIR bottle'.

which is exactly what it looks like you pick up their bottle.
JM
Guys got off the phone with kozmo a few hrs ago and we should be treated to a trailer in just a few short days...
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Also a quick shout out to my boy Musa who was part of the creative process of what I now call Capture.
JM
Pauldela
View Profile
Special user
U.K
882 Posts

Profile of Pauldela
Oh well it sounds confusing on how to make it look like that, but I can't comment on it, I don't know much on it.

Plus your stuff in the past has been good, and Kozmo magic has been great!

Looking foward to the trailer.

Paul.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-12-02 17:24, Pauldela wrote:
Oh well it sounds confusing on how to make it look like that, but I can't comment on it, I don't know much on it.

Plus your stuff in the past has been good, and Kozmo magic has been great!

Looking foward to the trailer.

Paul.

the key word here is LOOK, to the specs it LOOKS just like you described..verbatim
JM

here is a quick look at what the cover will look like done by none other than my boy Danny Garcia..

Click here to view attached image.
Pauldela
View Profile
Special user
U.K
882 Posts

Profile of Pauldela
Well if it truly does look like that, also with any bottle, and without unpracticle amount of work, then il be impressed.

But it's a wait 'till reviews one for me.

Also, don't take this as a bash, this sounds really good, like I said il be suprised/please if it plays out like you say.
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
Quote:
On 2008-12-02 11:55, Pauldela wrote:
Cap thru bottles wich need a set up, can't be near as strong as walking up to somone picking up their bottle and tapping it through (Prohibition).

Thanks for the shout out. I actually do Prohibition with a FLAT cap in a glass bottle all the time. I didn't teach how to prep the bottle in my DVD frankly because I didn't come up with the method to do so.

I'll bite the hype though as I'm a freak for cap in bottle effects. Well wishes JM!

peace, charlie
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Quote:
On 2008-12-02 18:26, Charlie Justice wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-12-02 11:55, Pauldela wrote:

Thanks for the shout out. I actually do Prohibition with a FLAT cap in a glass bottle all the time. I didn't teach how to prep the bottle in my DVD frankly because I didn't come up with the method to do so.

I'll bite the hype though as I'm a freak for cap in bottle effects. Well wishes JM!

peace, charlie

Should people want to learn a method, seek out Michael Webers cap in bottle, either in his Life Savers book, with other incredible impromptu Magic, or his International lecture DVD, with more incredible Magic...i recommend getting both!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
I'm sure his cap in bottle is great, but his blatent disregard for pop tart magic makes me sick.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-12-02 18:32, matt.magicman wrote:
What's this?
CAPture
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CHRMcV4x8ig

Not my trick...
JM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Capture" . . . Cap in bottle doesn't get any better. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..7..10..13..16..19..23~24~25 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL