The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Capture" . . . Cap in bottle doesn't get any better. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..23~24~25 [Next]
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Quote:
On 2009-01-14 17:46, scissor83 wrote:
Justin... can it be done with a plastic bottle?

if not then can any glass bottle be used to do the effect?
thanks,

Captured was created for glass bottles specifically
Yes any glass bottle COULD be used with a bit change in method depending on the bottle.

My new site http://www.closeupjm.tk will have a mailing list soon so you will get some NEW ideas I did NOT put on the DVD.
JM
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Thanks so much for the fast reply!
I'll be definitely checking this out thanks,

hey one last question I don't like any other magic props like a ring or something like that right? thanks
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-01-14 18:10, scissor83 wrote:
Thanks so much for the fast reply!
I'll be definitely checking this out thanks,

hey one last question I don't like any other magic props like a ring or something like that right? thanks

Everything you need comes with the dvd...
There are no rings for Captured.
JM
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Any idea on pricing yet Justin (actually the last thing on my mind after that trailer) ? C'mon, at-least an estimate on this one?!
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Just got the price from Kozmo..A mere $30 ( maybe cheaper at one of my lectures or conventions I will be at..hint hint).
JM
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
That's it! Smile Your ripping yourself off!!! Just hoping every tom-dick-an-harry don't get a hold of this, it'll be on YouTube before you know it.
Redsixer
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Redsixer
Hey Justin, what is your current lecture schedule? Any chance you will come through Oklahoma again?
Thales
View Profile
Elite user
You may have read one of my
415 Posts

Profile of Thales
So now we know how much is will sell for but has it been said when it will be ready to ship yet? I think I read something about pre-orders on Jan. 20th but when is the DVD expected to be done? I assume it has already been filmed and is in the editing stage now, is that correct?
"If you can't change the method, change the moment." Vernon
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-01-15 09:35, Thales wrote:
So now we know how much is will sell for but has it been said when it will be ready to ship yet? I think I read something about pre-orders on Jan. 20th but when is the DVD expected to be done? I assume it has already been filmed and is in the editing stage now, is that correct?

Kozmo is watching the final draft right now.
JM
Thales
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of Thales
Cool but where does one order Captured? I can not find anything about it on E and that is where I thought I would find it.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-01-15 17:32, magicman4646 wrote:
http://www.kozmomagic.com/

Ahem.. http://www.closeupjm.tk as well on the 19th BRAND new store
BRAND new site
BRAND new EVERYTHING.

JM
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Nice nice I'm so buying this 30bucks sounds like a good investment I hope that what the dvd brings is reusable and later I don't have to be buying gimmicks thanks
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
I just wanna get this to learn how to get an unbent cap into a glass bottle. That's worth 30 bucks by itself.

JJ
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-01-15 19:38, scissor83 wrote:
Nice nice I'm so buying this 30bucks sounds like a good investment I hope that what the dvd brings is reusable and later I don't have to be buying gimmicks thanks

what you get with the dvd is all you will ever need..as long as YOU do not lose it that is..lol
JM
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
I read through this entier thread and no one asked this question (Please excuse me if I'm wrong)...

The second the penatration happens can the bottle be handed out, with-out going near it with your other hand? Some people have different idea of what "Clean-Up" means, believe me, I seen it with effects I have purchased in the past. Sometimes clean-up can take less then a second, but it's still clean-up. I have seen some say that Prohibition has no clean-up (Which it does), only because the bottle is clean at the end.

I seen a good 3 people ask if it can be handed out in the end, but not directly after.

Paul
jamesmagic
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of jamesmagic
I obviously don't own this so can't be sure. But unless Justin discovered a way to make a cap truly melt through a bottle, of course there's some clean up. As I mentioned earlier, I highly doubt it's a major move but surely something must be done. This is the kind of discussion that generally leads to exposure so let's please let Justin answer. Unfortunately in the demo the cops showed up in the alley before Justin could hand the bottle out. F the police!
Thales
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of Thales
I think I have a pretty good idea of where the cap that is in the hand ends up after the penetration, although I might be wrong. If I am right then there will be a little clean up that could be taken care of in the action of handing the bottle out. But you have to remember that everyone sees and hears a cap bouncing around inside of the bottle at that point so there should be no heat on anything but the cap inside the bottle.

Hope I am not exposing anything by saying that, although I don't know if I can technically expose anything that has not yet been released. All I can do is post how I would do it which may or may not be the way Justin does it.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

THE moment the cap penetrates the bottom of the bottle it can be handed out...
Take that how you wish but that is exactly what happens.
JM
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2009-01-16 09:38, jamesmagic wrote:
Unfortunately in the demo the cops showed up in the alley before Justin could hand the bottle out. F the police!

I was sooo ticked when the cops showed up in the DEMO!!! F the POLICE!!!! HEHE (Michael Jackson)!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Capture" . . . Cap in bottle doesn't get any better. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..23~24~25 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL