We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Capture" . . . Cap in bottle doesn't get any better. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..23~24~25 [Next]
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1240 Posts

Profile of Jeff
[quote]On 2009-01-13 21:59, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:
Jamesmagic, as rightly brought out by you, both effects - Prohibition as well as Capture have their own distinct performance advantages & limitations. As on date, IMHO, both these effects fall in the category of Classics.

No offense Ustaad but how can something that's not even out yet be called a classic? Prohibition is the only CIB that eliminates any setup at all. No other CIB can make that claim. Is it a classic, only time will tell.

Jeff Pierce
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Jeff,
Do you really want to do this?

Captured can make claims that Prohibition cannot as well.
What's the point!

Why do you feel you need to come on this thread and push a trick that is already known and used by many.

Let's let the people decide.

Bro if I wanted to I could have come on the prohibition thread and started to make claims on Captured but I did not because I have respect for you and Charlie.

Lets show the same here ok?
JM
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5717 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2009-01-13 22:10, Jeff wrote:
No offense Ustaad but how can something that's not even out yet be called a classic? Prohibition is the only CIB that eliminates any setup at all. No other CIB can make that claim. Is it a classic, only time will tell.

Hi Jeff,

For the experienced magician it doesn’t take time to judge whether an effect will turnout to be a Classic or not. The Capture demo video speaks for itself. If would kindly recollect I had made the same prediction for Prohibition, well before it was released.

Regards,

Narendra

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-01-13 22:24, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-01-13 22:10, Jeff wrote:

Hi Jeff,

For the experienced magician it doesn’t take time to judge whether an effect will turnout to be a Classic or not. The Capture demo video speaks for itself. If would kindly recollect I had made the same prediction for Prohibition, well before it was released.

Regards,

Narendra

Smile

Thank you so much Ustaad!
Your support means a lot.
JM
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1240 Posts

Profile of Jeff
Justin,
I have no desire to push Prohibitions virtues on your thread. All I said was your effect was being classified a classic and it's not even out yet. This seems like unneccesary hype to me.

Your effect promo looks great and I wish you luck!

Jeff Pierce
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Thanks Jeff.
JM
Redsixer
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Redsixer
So...Do we know the release date yet?
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9305 Posts

Profile of pegasus
The two quotes below stated by Greg Rostami sums up this effect. I agree after watching the demo that the negatives outweigh the positives.

As to the release, the demo seemed to take ages to appear so we could be in for a long wait. Only Justin can confirm this.

[You can perform Capture without sleeves and the reset with a new bottle takes a couple minutes]

[The only negative that I can say about Capture is that it’s not as impromptu as the other cap in bottle tricks that are already on the market. But, in my opinion the positives out way this negative.]
rochaz
View Profile
Veteran user
I'm TORN.........
378 Posts

Profile of rochaz
Justin,
Looks like you have another winner on your hands! It looks fantastic.....

Quote:
"Those who buy it thank you....you will now have a speechless audience.
Those who don't..ok"
JM

I gotta admit...I cracked up when I read those words...classic!! Smile

Respectfully,
JRRocha
- We do not want them to suspend disbelief in the way they would in theater and story. We want them to think critically and observe carefully. Our job is to force them to believe in magic even against their better judgment.”
Whit Hayden

:Juan R Rocha:
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
This will be available for pre-order on 1.19.09. Kozmo updated his website:

http://www.kozmomagic.com/
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9305 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Well spotted magicman, good work. Thanks for the tipoff.
Thales
View Profile
Elite user
You may have read one of my
415 Posts

Profile of Thales
Quote:
On 2009-01-13 21:59, Ustaad wrote:

IMHO Prohibition and Capture are the ultimate CIB’s. One need to be armed with both so as to always be ready for a KILL – anytime, anywhere!

Smile

I think there is great wisdom in those words. Capture looks so awesome that knowing it is probably a must for any magician interested in this kind of effect. Being able to mix it up with your spectators or friends by doing both methods, say on different days or when either method is best suited, can only help in confusing them as to what the method is.

Do the same effect over and over by the same method and the spectator will start to notice little elements that might lead them to figuring out the method. Do the same basic effect by different methods and the spectators will have no clue.
"If you can't change the method, change the moment." Vernon
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-01-14 13:59, Thales wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-01-13 21:59, Ustaad wrote:

IMHO Prohibition and Capture are the ultimate CIB’s. One need to be armed with both so as to always be ready for a KILL – anytime, anywhere!

Smile

I think there is great wisdom in those words. Capture looks so awesome that knowing it is probably a must for any magician interested in this kind of effect. Being able to mix it up with your spectators or friends by doing both methods, say on different days or when either method is best suited, can only help in confusing them as to what the method is.

Do the same effect over and over by the same method and the spectator will start to notice little elements that might lead them to figuring out the method. Do the same basic effect by different methods and the spectators will have no clue.

Here,Here.
JM
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
I think the reason this effect seems so important is that it's able to be done in the spectator's hand. So uhhhhh I think that's worth some setup Smile
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
It is eating the hell out of me how the cap vanishes under the bottle! I can't think of any-other effect, ever, that's ate at me the way this one is!

C'mon Justin, at-least speculate on a release date, name a month at-least, Feb, Aug.lol?!!! Smile I'm even counting down the days until pre-order! Smile

ARRRRRR!!!
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Being done in the specs hand is something I wanted to be able to do from the beginning...
In method or presentation one has to make some sacrifices to present something so clean and so impossible to make it look like REAL magic.

Captured LOOKS like REAL magic should look.
JM
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
^ O' Thanks alot! Just egg it on! Smile Smile
Thales
View Profile
Elite user
You may have read one of my
415 Posts

Profile of Thales
Justin, I will not hold you to this but what is your best guess as to when Capture will be done and ready to be shipped out? 1 month? 2 months? etc.
"If you can't change the method, change the moment." Vernon
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
664 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Justin... can it be done with a plastic bottle?

if not then can any glass bottle be used to do the effect?
thanks,
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2341 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-01-14 17:46, scissor83 wrote:
Justin... can it be done with a plastic bottle?

I'm not Justin but I'm gonna say no it can't be done with plastic bottle.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Capture" . . . Cap in bottle doesn't get any better. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..23~24~25 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL