We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Capture" . . . Cap in bottle doesn't get any better. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23~24~25 [Next]
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
^^^Yes, it was mentioned.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Quote:
On 2009-02-17 12:42, Piz wrote:
^^^Yes, it was mentioned.

Ok, good to know. Guess I will re-read 14 pages of posts!

RevJohn
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2293 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey,

Anyone got theirs yet?

I just ordered yesterday but I'm wondering those who preordered before me have gotten this DVD yet.

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Guys NO ONE has these yet. I am the only one who has them they will not be out to the public for another month. I am getting them out as fast as possible while being on this tour.

JM
coalregion24
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of coalregion24
So wait....???

does this mean they havent even been shipped to anyone??

I ordered mine to ship to my current address....but am moving out of this state in less than two weeks....

I was under the impression that if we ordered them from closeupjm that they were shipping from there.....im sure I wasnt the only one with that impression either...
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
I was one of the first to pre-order (I know because mine was billed under the old Google account originally set up). I don't know if the order received has any bearing.

I have not yet recieved this yet, will keep you posted
Thales
View Profile
Elite user
You may have read one of my
415 Posts

Profile of Thales
He said he is getting them out as fast as possible. There is no way to get them out faster than possible for that would be impossible. So as fast as possible will have to be good enough for you. You should leave a forwarding address with your post office anyway which will take care of the unlikely event that your DVD arrives after you move.
"If you can't change the method, change the moment." Vernon
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9305 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On 2009-02-10 18:38, Justin N. Miller wrote:
All pre-orders go out tomorrow.
JM

Pre-orders went out on the 11 Feb 09 according to the above statement. 1 week ago today. I would suggest that they never went out as stated because customers would already have them.
bhayankaran
View Profile
Regular user
India
146 Posts

Profile of bhayankaran
Me too, Me too coalregion24.
I am out in another town now but still expecting the shipment to arrive.
JM, First thing after your Phil trip, get me my captured....Better Smile

bhayankaran
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
There's a video on youtube. Search for Capture. So apparently they are getting out.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Peter Pitchford
View Profile
Elite user
Philly
421 Posts

Profile of Peter Pitchford
I didn't read through the 14 pages of hype but I have to chime in. Dan Hauss told me to watch the download. I did (as a skeptic). I don't like object in bottle effects. They normally don't meet my criteria for a good object in bottle routine:

1. The object should be larger than the opening of the bottle (the big gripe I had with prohibition, factory sealed, and many others). The effect isn't, "See how sneakily I can slip the object in the bottle without you knowing?" The effect is similar to a deck of cards trapped in a bottle or a ship trapped in the bottle. It is impossible to get this object in the bottle in the first place. That is the magic.
2. The trick should be organic. What am I putting in the bottle and why?
3. The handling is clean. This is why very few object in bottle routines have improved on the original fo*ding coin.

I watched the demo. I shrugged it off to the way most demos are shot today (the camera is at the only angle where the trick would work, editing out awkward moments and difficult points of handling, etc.).

I saw Justin at Magifest and he did it EXACTLY as I saw it on the demo. It meets my criteria and is extremely visual to boot.

Props to Justin. That's all I can say.
Joaquin
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Joaquin
Sad. This was promised for mid February. I do not understand what is the purpose of taking pre-orders when product is not even ready for shipment

We are all creating this Hype when there is not a product review by someone that has really receive and tested the product. We should be more strict as customers with all producers/vendors of magic.

For instance preorder should be for products that will have a limited edition or is a limited production lot. Not for a product that will be sold everywhere after it has been released.

If we do not do something about it we are going to be pretty much be financing the vendor's businesses.
jamesmagic
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of jamesmagic
Quote:
On 2009-02-18 23:25, Peter Pitchford wrote:

2. The trick should be organic. What am I putting in the bottle and why?

I saw Justin at Magifest and he did it EXACTLY as I saw it on the demo. It meets my criteria and is extremely visual to boot.

Props to Justin. That's all I can say.

Interesting criteria. So can you tell me why justin is putting a cap in a bottle?
You say he did it EXACTLY as you saw it on the demo? So he brought you out in an alley and the police showed up before he could show his hands clean and pass out the bottle for examination. Also interesting.

To Joaquin: You don't understand why someone would take preorders when the product is not even ready for shipment? Hmmm... Consider these two keys on your keyboard: SHIFT and 4.
bsmith
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of bsmith
Quote:
On 2009-02-18 23:37, Joaquin wrote:
Sad. This was promised for mid February. I do not understand what is the purpose of taking pre-orders when product is not even ready for shipment

We are all creating this Hype when there is not a product review by someone that has really receive and tested the product. We should be more strict as customers with all producers/vendors of magic.

For instance preorder should be for products that will have a limited edition or is a limited production lot. Not for a product that will be sold everywhere after it has been released.

If we do not do something about it we are going to be pretty much be financing the vendor's businesses.

Hi Joaquin,

It is mid February so no promises have been broken. Also, your definition of what a preorder should be is wrong. Please don't confuse "preorder" with "limited edition exclusive". Justin has been in 5 states in 5 days and is very busy. I know he is doing his best to get things out. Everybody who has preordered will get them well before anybody else gets them.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2474 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I haven't read through all the pages so maybe this has been answered. It sounds as if you end clean, if that is not true please let me know.
Can the bottle be examined before or after the effect? Or are you not able to let the bottle be examined?

Thanks.
bhayankaran
View Profile
Regular user
India
146 Posts

Profile of bhayankaran
Paul,

the magic is how you fool them. The way they present is something I love. Can you please send me your concern???
bhayankaran
View Profile
Regular user
India
146 Posts

Profile of bhayankaran
JM, Please......leave all Phil /LA concerns.
An send me my captured.

bhayankaran
bhayankaran
View Profile
Regular user
India
146 Posts

Profile of bhayankaran
All I am looking for .....
flekka
View Profile
Regular user
wirral, england,
186 Posts

Profile of flekka
OK..has anybody who pre-ordered Capture ,using the google account, recieved any e-mail about postage/delivery etc.. I only ask as I ordered in late jan,
and recieved a reply saying I will not recieve another communication until it ships in mid feb, this has yet to arrive , not trying to have a go at Justin..
just like to have some clarification ie.. have any e-mails been sent,
have any dvd's been sent , if so when .. and when should I start to panic more..

john
what you achieve in life echo's for eternety
davidpeters
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of davidpeters
Just a note: there will be plenty of this trick available at your favorite magic shop world wide when it is released to the masses. Be assured if you have pre-ordered from your favorite shop they will have them and will be delivered to you. There are lot of people looking forward to getting “Captured”, me included!
Thank you again Justin for releasing this powerful effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Capture" . . . Cap in bottle doesn't get any better. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23~24~25 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL