We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Capture" . . . Cap in bottle doesn't get any better. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25 [Next]
RamonT
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of RamonT
Quote:
On 2009-02-24 14:34, NYCJoePitt wrote:
If you are not happy with the service provided so far, just cancel your order.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Justin has pretty much established himself as a busy performer and not a very organized but ethical businessman. You should expect your package later than you originally hoped. If you are not satisfied with that outcome, perhaps you should just cancel your order and no longer pre-order from him. Maybe just purchase stuff from attending one of his future lectures.

All this belly-aching has giving me gas. If you want this effect and you paid for it, grow up and have some patience.

In this economy, one really can't afford to dissappoint ones customers with poor service. One also can't make 100% of the people happy, 100% of the time.


?
Todd Bernard
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Todd Bernard
I agree with NYCJoePitt. If you are not satisfied because of the delays, request your money back. Once the shops have it reorder it then, or just stop buying JM's stuff. Take action instead of just voicing your displeasure.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Another 35 go out tomorrow morning and there are only 8 left after that.
Thank you to those who are still with me.
JM
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Quote:
On 2009-02-24 14:57, edh wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-23 20:38, edh wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-20 17:49, Jason Purdy wrote:
Can you use a clear bottle with this?


Can someone answer this question please?

Thanks


O.K...since this has been posted and people who are familiar with this effect have not answered my question, I'm going to take this as a...No you cannot use a clear bottle". Which is what I thought.


Yes you can use a clear bottle if you wanted to.
Sorry all these wonderful posts and yours got lost in the garden.
Jm
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Got my notification tonight..Going out tomorrow..
Yea!!

Don
bhayankaran
View Profile
Regular user
India
146 Posts

Profile of bhayankaran
When do people who ordered from Kozmo get this ?
flekka
View Profile
Regular user
wirral, england,
186 Posts

Profile of flekka
Justin, I recieved your e-mail saying that another 35 ship tomorrow.. now is that my notification or just a general e-mail.. if it is not a notification .. then can I expect one when the last 8 ship the next day.. !!.. not overtly worried I know it will arrive eventually its the not knowing when that hurts..

john.
what you achieve in life echo's for eternety
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
I received an email yesterday that mine was shipped - so hold on tight boys Smile
Mind Melter
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
179 Posts

Profile of Mind Melter
..has anyone received theirs yet?


as long as one person chimes in... then that may allay some fears and doubts...
Thales
View Profile
Elite user
You may have read one of my
415 Posts

Profile of Thales
I got my email from Justin last night at 6:58pm:
"Thank you for ordering Captured your item is being shipped via the usps."

I would guess that would mean that I will get it in 3-5 days if Justin used USPS Priority Mail which is pretty commonly used for this type of thing. By the way I ordered on Jan. 26th.

Hey Justin, Thanks for your efforts in coming up with this method, making this DVD, dealing with all of us and getting these shipped out all while doing your tour and your other work and taking care of your family. I appreciate that you had hoped to get these shipped earlier but that things do not always work out as planned. Hang in there and don't let a few negative comments get you down.
"If you can't change the method, change the moment." Vernon
flekka
View Profile
Regular user
wirral, england,
186 Posts

Profile of flekka
Thales. congrats on getting your e-mail and soon your dvd.... I placed my order on the 20th but not had a e-mail yet.. I think justin posts the overseas orders last as it has happened before... I would of thought that if you have pre-orders then it makes sense to post those furthest away 1st .. ( if not possible to send all at once that is) so as everyone gets them at rougthly the same time..

john.
what you achieve in life echo's for eternety
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5427 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
They are on their way

thanks
koz
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
705 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
Something to keep in mind... most of the creators on this site make the bulk of their money performing and doing lectures. Releasing original material is NOT a very lucrative business, the magic community is a relatively small market. These creators are doing what they do because they love magic, going after them for every little thing and burning them at the stake will eventually give creators pause to releasing their original ideas and effectively stop all new magic from being developed sometime down the road. I know personally of several beautiful effects that will never see the light of day because of the attitude in the magic community as of late. Thank them for their work if you enjoy it by supporting them, if not question your own love of the art.
Tony Chapparo
Redsixer
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Redsixer
Good point Tony. I do not understand all the whining. Its not like JM is Amazon.com!

I received my confirmation email yesterday and I am excited to receive this. Justin will follow through for all the orders, so just chill.
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
705 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
Quote:
On 2009-02-25 11:43, Redsixer wrote:
Good point Tony. I do not understand all the whining. Its not like JM is Amazon.com!

I received my confirmation email yesterday and I am excited to receive this. Justin will follow through for all the orders, so just chill.


Thanks Red. BTW I got a confirmation e-mail yesterday also.
Tony Chapparo
doormouse
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of doormouse
I disagree Tony. When you start accepting orders then you have now entered the mail order business. If you can not meet the demands of the business then there are distributors that will get the products to the dealers that can. To busy to handle the commitments you have made is no excuse. You take the money then you have an obligation to deliver. Not telling the truth to your customers about when there order shipped is poor customer service. No one made Justin pre-sell these, he could have just as easily sent them to Murphy's and let them handle it.
amprice99
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of amprice99
The problem is that when someone comes on here and post after post after post is something negative, it gets old. Like Tony said....give it a rest...please. You've made your point.
doormouse
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of doormouse
See this is the problem. If you ordered and complain about the service the response is: don't send it, send a beer, be thankful you are ever getting it, and worship the ground the creators walk on because they are just too busy.
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
452 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
To me it just sounds like a bunch of babies on here. He drove 6 HOURS to get more copies!!! Now common ultamagic, if that doesn't sound like someone doing the best he can you have to be stupid! Get your facts straight before you make posts on here to try and start a bunch of crap.

Now let me guess.... your the kind of "Magician" that expects miracles... if there is a slight involved your lazy and don't put your time in to practice. This is what I suspect... youre going to get captured and say its garbage because you have to do clean-up. Youve made what 16 posts on here all but two of which have been about captured? Now Lets hear your story... don't criticize people when you don't know your facts.

What are you people expecting when effects are released? A real miracle? Magicians may not like it because what they are expecting is a miracle and once they find out that there is some kind of slight of hand they just don't want to do it. Its pure laziness pure and simple. People just don't want to put in the time just to practice. There are so many fantastic effects out there that people just don't perform because they are lazy and they don't want to put in their time to practice. You can give the bottle away if you really wanted to. Here is the thing... you start open and clean and end clean.

Ive been doing magic for 7 years and have performed at Casinos, Arenas, Hospitals, ect and my collection of magic is outrageous. I keep up to date with EVERYTHING! (Its a sickness really) When I saw this it killed laymen and magicians alike.

Justin is a great guy don't let these guys fool you here on the Café. To me it just sounds like a bunch of girls complaining. Justin is a professional magician and does magic full time. He was gone at Magi-Fest and then hit the road for lectures. People need to give him a break He works and has a family to take care of. I know that he is doing the best he can and there is no doubt in my mind that people will love this effect.
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
705 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
Quote:
On 2009-02-25 12:46, doormouse wrote:
See this is the problem. If you ordered and complain about the service the response is: don't send it, send a beer, be thankful you are ever getting it, and worship the ground the creators walk on because they are just too busy.

You are missing the point. No one is asking you to worship anyone, no one is making anyone pre-order direct from the creator. You can wait until it is released 2 weeks after everyone who pre-ordered gets it, in fact just buy your magic from the shop from now on and cut the creators out of the majority of the profits, but don't be surprised when all the new magic dries up and goes so far underground you will never see it. The dealers don't make the magic, the creators do...
Tony Chapparo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Capture" . . . Cap in bottle doesn't get any better. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL