The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » My new Rannie Raymundo "Boss" Wand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Rannie makes the dice wands on my website. I'm going to try to get some
better pix together of them. They're great.
Thank Boss!!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Levity
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Levity
My Raydu wand from Rannie is truly a thing of continuing beauty.

G
"I suggest you watch very carefully..."
fmpilot
View Profile
Loyal user
of a fence with
245 Posts

Profile of fmpilot
Well, please welcome me as the newest, proud owner of a Rannie Raymundo Boss Wand. It is FANTASTIC! Rannie was a pleasure to deal with.

He patiently communicated with me over the course of a few weeks to ensure that I would be pleased. I have a variation of the Bill Palmer Wand that he worked tirelessly with me to get right. My dark and medium brown Kamagong, 2-piece wand complete with brass and copper rings arrived packaged with some extra goodies last week.

Buy a wand from The Boss - you won't be disappointed.

Thank you, Rannie and Merry Christmas!
"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
View Profile
1988 - 2013
The Big Brother is watching you
1095 Posts

Profile of Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
Rannie is a great mentor and a real first class guy...I've yet to see his wands but I'm definitely interested now. Keep it up rannie! Wish I could come see you in vegas!
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
863 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
I'd really LOVE one of Rannie's wands.. but - buying a wand - is a very personal thing. Like buying a pair of shoes, or trying on a hat.

For example... I ordered 3 hats when I was in Edinburgh for the Festival in August.
I took one with me, and ordered the other two. One,when it arrived, fitted me Not.
So.. now we talk about sending the hat back (the one that's too tight) and then replacing it. Not such a big deal.... cash wise.

A wand - from Rannie (in Manilla) to me is $30 (JUST FOR POSTAGE - IS THAT REALISTIC?????) .;..

That's the way it is now.. I can have a hat mailed from the UK to Ireland for less than it costs for a nice wand to be send from Manilla...

Oh well...FUNNY OLD WORLD, heh?

Regards,

DCB
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
dcjames
View Profile
Special user
577 Posts

Profile of dcjames
Quote:

A wand - from Rannie (in Manilla) to me is $30 (JUST FOR POSTAGE - IS THAT REALISTIC?????) .;..

That's the way it is now.. I can have a hat mailed from the UK to Ireland for less than it costs for a nice wand to be send from Manilla...

Right you are DCB!

I had a gentleman from the Philippines interested in purchasing a vent figure from me. When I checked the rates for his address it was going to cost about $140 to have it shipped to arrive in 7 to 9 days. Cost me the sale...
“Magic is very easy to do - poorly.”

Tommy Wonder
The Books of Wonder
Volume 2
fmpilot
View Profile
Loyal user
of a fence with
245 Posts

Profile of fmpilot
Sorry about your hats and vent figures and stuff...if you ordered a wand from Rannie, it might not fit your noggin, but I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed.

Anyway, my Boss Wand is great. You get what you pay for and life is too short to worry about shipping charges Smile.

Deadcatbounce, your post contradicts your signature's tag line.

-livepuppythud
- Yogi Berra
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
863 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
Fmpilot -

I've been in magic now for nearly 20 years - and I do have a few wands. The problem with buying anything unseen, untouched, unhandled is - it may just not suit.
So.. would I buy a suit off eBay? no! - A guitar? no - because the same applies - these things need to be handled, and tried for "size"

I'm still looking to have a few made by a turner friend - just got to get the wood for him.
There's no rush - sometimes the chase is better than the catch!

Regards,

DCB
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Quote:
On 2008-12-14 19:09, dcjames wrote:
Quote:

Right you are DCB!

I had a gentleman from the Philippines interested in purchasing a vent figure from me. When I checked the rates for his address it was going to cost about $140 to have it shipped to arrive in 7 to 9 days. Cost me the sale...

Air mail shipping charges can be alarming and shocking. At times it can be many times more than the item purchased.
fmpilot
View Profile
Loyal user
of a fence with
245 Posts

Profile of fmpilot
Quote:
On 2008-12-15 15:36, deadcatbounce wrote:

...There's no rush - sometimes the chase is better than the catch!

Regards,

DCB

Touché, DCB -- I whole-heartedly agree.
- Yogi Berra
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
One thing I'll say about my brothers work is that he is TOO DANG INEXPENSIVE! I'm a wood turner myself and the quality of Rannie's work is unsurpassed and the materials he uses are not only rare and exotic but each piece is hand selected by him and carefully matched with the other materials used!
At the prices he's charging, even if the postage was 30 bucks (or more) it is IMO one hellava bargain not to mention a collectible piece of artwork! Most of his work is VERY limited edition or one of a kind so I'd suggest gettin while the gettins good!

Peace,

Mick
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Thank you Hermano...and thank you kind folks of the Café.

daedcatbounce, I do hear ya! I know where you are coming from and I take no offense. This is the second thread you mentioned that my wands are expensive. Tell you what... PM me your address and I will send you one. Just for you to see it and feel it first hand. No strings attached. If you think its not worth a Penny...feel free to send it back. I will also pay for the shipping going back if ever it fails to meet your expectations. If you like it....then you may buy it. If there is one thing I hate in the world it would be overpricing. My wands are expressions of my deep love for our art. The time, effort and the materials (rarity of the wood often makes them expensive if not impossible to get) the details etc...accounts for the pricing...plus as mentioned, the shipping. I take pride in my work and my love for magic. I am willing to send you a wand just for you to have a feel of it.

Best from Manila!

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
What a DEAL! No, a STEAL!

I received my wand from Rannie a few days ago. Absolutely stunning. I used it all last weekend for ring on stick and twice for the cups and balls behind the bar. As far as the high cost of his wands, all I can say is check prices with Joe Porper or Thomas Wayne. Rannie's quality is right on par with theirs at a fraction of the price. Plus, Rannie will let you design your wand the way YOU want. He's a first class guy with loads of talent and he loves magic deeply. You can not go wrong by having Rannie make a wand for you.
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Many years ago I met a local artist who was very well know in my area for his watercolor paintings. He was very successful. I was very young at the time and was amazed at the prices he was getting for his art, I thought they were too expensive. He explained to me that even though he was able to create these paintings with ease, I should not discount the 40 plus years of experience that must be factored into the price. In other words, he did not gain his skill overnight, therefore the buyer of his art was paying for those 40 plus years of experience and skill.

I assume that Rannie has not been creating wands for 40 years, however he certainly did not start honing his skills yesterday. I have paid nearly as much for other wands as I paid for my Boss wand, there is absolutely no comparison.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Rannie has my highest recommendation. It is just that simple when I received his wooden chop cups set with final load plus the wand for the set!
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2008-12-16 03:52, pepka wrote:
What a DEAL! No, a STEAL!

[...] As far as the high cost of [Rannie's] wands, all I can say is check prices with Joe Porper or Thomas Wayne. Rannie's quality is right on par with theirs at a fraction of the price. [...]

Really, "pepka"? On par, you say? Here's just a tiny bit of what I consider "par":

tuckerwand3
tuckerwand1
mywand
malonestylesilver

Quite a bit more going on there than just simple stacked rings being incorrectly referred to as "inlay", don't you think?

Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Having siblings to the first and fourth of those wands, I must agree that Thomas Wayne's work is in a class by itself.

However, Rannie's wands are excellent.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
TW,
The slope and rating of your golf course is far beyond what any mere mortal can play too! I absolutely love your work man!

Mick
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
My work has a loooooong way to go to even be near your work and Mr. Porper's. I love creating things and I have a great appreciation for wood. I have great respect for your work.

I'm a simple man from Manila Philippines who owns an old clunker for a lathe and zero knowledge in turnings .... just a great love for magic. I do not wish to invade your golf course sir. I just want to make my wands for myself and for those who want them not to mention my friends. I will still strive to not only be at par with myself but to do better than my last works. that's what matters to me... Of course the satisfaction of those who use my wands.

Best to you and all you folks here in the Café.

Rannie

Posted: Dec 18, 2008 2:35pm
I am in awe of your work Mr. Wayne!
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I've always loved your work Thomas, and sorry if you feel that I insulted you. I don't own any of your wands because you've never responded to several emails and PMs to get one. At least Rannie responds to my requests quickly.

Best wishes,
Pep
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » My new Rannie Raymundo "Boss" Wand (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL