The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » A simple trick that blew me away. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6583 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
This effect is VERY old. It's cute. I wouldn't use it as my "feature routine" but it's a cute little quickie that makes for a good interlude between stronger effects, and of course, like anything else, with a strong presentation by a strong performer could be made into a minor miracle.

I seem to remember first seeing it in Tarbell or one of the older books. Later(late 80's?) got it as a gift from someone in the form of a single trick with a jumbo card called Parallax, as Brett mentioned. It is fun, although I've never seen it as particularly magical, but interesting nonetheless.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
608 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
Been using this for yrs Its a good little quickie to throw in between major effects.
JeffHall
View Profile
Regular user
Davis, California
161 Posts

Profile of JeffHall
Quote:
On 2009-01-11 00:22, coachc wrote:
JUST PRINTED THE INSTRUCTIONS OFF AND PLAN ON LEARNING THIS TRICK. WISH I COULD SEE IT IN ACTION FIRST BUT ILL TRY TO SEE WHERE I CAN GO WITH IT.

I've seen it on youtube or somewhere.
Jeff
Brett Sirrell Magician
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Brett Sirrell Magician
Quote:
On 2009-02-03 20:50, Scott F. Guinn wrote:
This effect is VERY old. It's cute. I wouldn't use it as my "feature routine" but it's a cute little quickie that makes for a good interlude between stronger effects, and of course, like anything else, with a strong presentation by a strong performer could be made into a minor miracle.

I seem to remember first seeing it in Tarbell or one of the older books. Later(late 80's?) got it as a gift from someone in the form of a single trick with a jumbo card called Parallax, as Brett mentioned. It is fun, although I've never seen it as particularly magical, but interesting nonetheless.

I was amaazed to see that this effect was actually been sold for almost $30 some places. To me its just a puzzle, plus if you return the note or the card to a spectator then you are amost giving away the trcik as within 5 mins of fiddling they will work it out (hence why I do a restore routine with it) Plus the above posting suggests that its an old effect, how can it be justified to sell such an item!

Flame war or bunfight?
Brett Sirrell Magician and entertainer
www.brettsirrell.co.uk
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Quote:
On 2009-01-11 00:22, coachc wrote:
JUST PRINTED THE INSTRUCTIONS OFF AND PLAN ON LEARNING THIS TRICK. WISH I COULD SEE IT IN ACTION FIRST BUT ILL TRY TO SEE WHERE I CAN GO WITH IT.

http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=5077

A patter idea: one side is marked Democrat, one side is marked Republican. Ask the spectator if tonight he feels rather democrat or rather republican. Let's say he says democrat. Ask him to play the role of a Democrat politician. He has to hold on to the value which are on to the democrats' side (have him hold the flap on the democrat side or the other side if he chose Republican). Now you warn him that as a serious democratic (or republican) politician he should really hold on to his values and never let go or renounce them.

Fold the bill and as you start unfolding ask him if he ever considered switching sides. Whatever he answers just state "Well you know! When a financial crisis unfolds, one may wonder..." and finish unfolding.

One question for Brett Sirrell Magician:
Did you ever buy a book with great poetry in it? Did you mind if some of the poems were written a couple of centuries ago? Well just consider that this effect is Dollar Bill's poetry... As marketing people say "This effect alone is worth the price of the book"
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Timboslice
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Timboslice
I do the same trick with a "bet" presentation. Only I do it with a business card. I learned mine by Simon Lovell's Survival magic.

Tim C
Leo-Kim
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of Leo-Kim
I do it with a joker, reinforced with tape to last longer, inserted into a vanishing cardcase.

I remove the case from the box, removes the card and reinserts the case in the box (positioned to effect the vanish).

Then I perform the effect and states that I can understand that the card turns around in spite of the spectator holding the flap, but I can´t understand where the deck goes.

And I show the now seemingly empty box.

Mikael Johansson
Sweden
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2008-12-04 13:54, HollowMan wrote:
I found this in the archives a while ago so I guess it's OK to post again. http://professorwonder.com/magic24.htm
-Chris-

Thank you !
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » A simple trick that blew me away. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL