The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Card Help! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
I am now at the stage where I can back palm 30 Bicycle cards and produce them in a way to look like a full deck or a little over. All I need to figure out now is what to do with the other hand? I know one-hand cuts and shuffles but to me those are old and lame. No one likes a show off. Smile

I was thinking maybe coins or balls... oh wait you know what would be good Smile GIANT CARDS. Anyone know where I could find some videos or books on the topic? I would perfer videos though because so far books are up to my knees and the knowledge in and out my ears. Smile I read through Royal Road to Card magic and loved it, then I went to Modern Coin Magic and Expert Card Technique. Smile Brain Freeze.
If you punch a wall so hard your knee hurts your goal has been accomplished.

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Coins, Thimbles or Billiard Balls?

If either (or all [I know you don't have 4 hands]), you're in luck my friend. 'World Class Manipulation' by Jeff McBride. Volume 3 covers backpalm coin productions and split fans with coins (it is a different method guys— I don't want you breaking your pinky trying to split coins).
Magic_streak
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
196 Posts

Profile of Magic_streak
I don't want you breaking your pinky trying to split coins.

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
aznviet6uy
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Rosa, CA
315 Posts

Profile of aznviet6uy
WOW Wikiro!! 30 BIKE CARDS!!?? That's amazing, especially Bikes. They are hard to manipulate with because of the white edges. What is your secret? Can you teach me how you prepare the cards?

Most people use Bees to do card manipulations because they are easy to break and the red edges hide them. If you can do 30 Bikes I just want to know how, because they are thicker than Bees and I can only do 25-28 Bees (moving up by the way) but with 30 Bikes, that's like 40 Bees and I've been doing this for 9 years.

Thanks for the help in advance!!!

-Chris
shhh..... I see Magicians.....
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Maybe he means he can clip 30 in the Back Palm position, if no edges (or even little edge) is shown I will be amazed!

I too would love to hear your secret Smile

(Maybe PM me?)
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
HAHAHA aznviet6uy I'm actually glad you think I am good at card manipulation but actually I show the edge but I wave my hand to cover it. I use Bycicle to get the hand understanding down when I use white gloves. Nothing big. When I do perform (show off I guess is the best way of describing it) I use Bee brand. I'm guessing I'm doing it all wrong no edge at all is suppose to show? I thought waving your hand was a good cover. It isn't?

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
maylor
View Profile
Loyal user
england
231 Posts

Profile of maylor
You can also use your thumb to cover the top edges. Works well with a slow waving. Make sure the waves look natural though.
Magictrickster
View Profile
Regular user
UK
114 Posts

Profile of Magictrickster
Why use such thick cards?

A good deck of manipulation cards will mean you can use a full deck. Murphy's magic has a good type which will be available from many magic dealers, and if you can backpalm 30 bikes then you'll be able to do it with a full deck of those. They aren't too bad for fans and flourishes either.

I guess using thicker cards for practicing is a good idea, though, as it then makes thinner cards much easier to use. (I do actually practise card stuff with bikes.)

Brian.
Brian
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
If I use normal cards I can borrow a deck and just perform.

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
ebyrne
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of ebyrne
Yes, but if you are doing manipulation, do you often borrow cards?
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
If I want to.

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
templemagic
View Profile
Elite user
Sunderland, North-East England
420 Posts

Profile of templemagic
Hi,

I like Murphy's Magic manipulation cards a lot. They have everything a deck of manipulation cards needs.

I think they are available from http://www.brtmagic.co.uk

Hope this helps,
TM
ROBERT TEMPLE
"The Power to Amaze"

robert@roberttemple.co.uk
http://www.roberttemple.co.uk
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
I don't use trick decks.

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
Kallak
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Kallak
While I don't really see manipulation cards as a trick deck, continuing on would be pulling the conversation off-track.

That said, I think that you should do card manipulation with your other hand also. If one hand is doing backpalm productions, then there's no reason why the other can't be doing snap productions, or perfect productions, etc...

You can always do thimbles and such once you've done a nice little card routine. Manipulating one type of object after another.

That's me anyway.

Kallak
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
I know exactly what I must do andguess what it was in my face the whole time. I feel like an idiot. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Smile

(Classical)

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
What have you to do then??

Smile
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
Secret hehe

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
maylor
View Profile
Loyal user
england
231 Posts

Profile of maylor
Shouldn't the other hand be used to concentrate the focus of the audience on the hand doing the productions? Otherwise it will just distract from the productions etc.

Unless you're doing twin hand productions of course.
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Good point Maylor, I never have 2 productions simultaneously going on, if the other hand is producing cards - my opposite hand freezes so the attention is on the hand doing the magic... the only exception is the front hand split, where I am splitting the left hand cards as I look at the right hand fan...

What do you think wikiro?
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
I have a plan that's a secret hehe if I get big you'll see it.

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Card Help! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL