We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Prohibition (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4242 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Didn't mean to offend but a Sanada style gimmick is not difficult to ask for at a magic shop, they are as common as a thumb tip. Already gave you the name of it, anymore then I would be giving away exactly what it is. Also I suggested Enigma, that more than anything tells you what kind of gimmick you should be looking for if you want to go that route. I really can't give any more details because that would be total exposure for the workings of Enigma, a marketed effect. It's magicians helping magicians and to be honest, there's no better way for you to expand your own horizons if another magician hints at things and then you going out to do your own research, that's how we magicians learn things. You're very lucky that we now have high speed internet, forums, and video demos and instructions because in the past our art was truly something that one would need to invest some serious research time to.
jamesmagic
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of jamesmagic
Use a little neodynium. It costs pennies, hides invisibly under a band-aid or even a piece of clear tape, and is plenty strong. PK rings are ridiculously dangerous to have on you at all times anyway. Just ask your credit card stirp or your computer.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9318 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Use a band Aid, that is a very good idea. Thanks, James, for that.
Pat Trick
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Pat Trick
Yes, I'm leaning toward a small neodynium. The only question is whether to affix it to directly my wedding ring or to another finger...it would also be nice if I could ditch it quickly if necessary. Specs can sometimes get, shall we say, aggressively curious about your hands!

Happy and blessed New Year to all.
To try is to risk failure; not to try, to guarantee it.
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
266 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
I just bought this E-book "The Any Ring PK Gimmick" Its really good. He states that his favorite effect to perform is Prohibition.

http://www.morfinmagic.com/Store.htm

Jeremy
Pat Trick
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Pat Trick
Hey Kraze:

Looks interesting if a bit cryptic. I was thinking on just slipping the neo beneath my wedding band or hidden in a small bandaid on the third finger. Is the morfin PDF suggesting a way to rig the ring itself?

Thanks,

P
To try is to risk failure; not to try, to guarantee it.
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
266 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
P,

Not the ring its self. I will be using Morfin technique its easy and cheap. Plus if someone wants to see your ring they can. The band-aid idea is good but are you willing to wear a band-aid every time you perform.

Jeremy
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
880 Posts

Profile of andykean
Book is no longer available
Nice to see good ethics
Well done Morfin magic!!
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6584 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I've been using a m++++t under a band-aid for years. Works every bit as well as a PK ring, and in some ways is better--you don't get fokrs clinging to the wrong side of your hand, if you know what I mean! I've experimented with the Sanada in this regard as well, and while it works beautifully for some things, I'm not sure I'd trust it with Prohibition--and I'm a big Sanada Gimick fan,as anyone familiar with my work knows!

Having said that, the effect can be done easily enough without a m++++t at all; it's just that's its a bit easier with one.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3084 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I work as a magician & a bartender Prohibition is the one I use ! The others are all in the draw .
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
With all the cap in bottle talk lately, I re-watched the DVD Prohibition by Charlie Justice. The live, multi-performances, by Charlie really show the power of this effect.

I'm glad I watched this as there was a subtlety that Charlie does that I forgot about and will now use it.

I say, if you can, get all the methods out there.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Great Stevini
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of The Great Stevini
I just performed Prohibition in a casual setting after not doing it for a long while. It's like riding a bike. It went over great...the best cap in bottle around.
max88
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of max88
Yes it is good effect, and one of the best one trick DVD also.
rutt
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of rutt
Just performing in the bar,then it's rocks!!!!
I'm looking for V.I.P. cap in bottle now.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6992 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2008-12-07 03:34, patrick66 wrote:
Does anyone still performs this effect after the exposure of the masked magician?

Thank you, Patrick. I'm glad you brought this up. Prohibition has been one of my greatest "enders", without a doubt. Imagine my chagrin, when a group called me on it, and exposed it right there. Average "joes" who wouldn't ordinarily know magic secrets.

"Yup, saw it on the Secrets Exposed Show th'other night..."

Well then. Guess I can't show that one at that location again. Or in front of any of those people and their friends! Great. Well, I've got other stuff the ol' Masko HASN'T exposed!

It IS too bad we have to deal with this kind of thing in our day and age. But, the happy thing is, just wait a while. People DO forget, and in five years or so, Prohibition will be once again, performable!

Doug
Mack Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
The Burgh' Pittsburgh, PA
268 Posts

Profile of Mack Magic
I wasn't aware that this trick was exposed on television... this is a shame.

Regardless, Prohibition is my favorite trick to perform. Even when I "goofed up" the trick before, no one can catch what has happened and they are still baffled. All eyes are on the cap that made it inside the bottle!
* "May your life be like toliet paper..long and useful."
* "If the shoe fits, get another one just like it."
* "Use the talents you have, for the woods would be a very silent place if only the best birds sang!"
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3962 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Love this effect! Best cap in bottle!
KJ
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Loved it and was the only way I did this effect, but I kept breaking the other think needed. (WIZARD) so stopped doing it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Prohibition (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL