We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Prohibition (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thanks guys are will do Gary
cbitsakt
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of cbitsakt
Hi guys! Three quick questions about Prohibition before I purchase (Jeff??):

1. Is the cap ending up in the bottle bent?? (ie. would it normally fit through the mouth of the bottle??)...probably an obvious question...sorry!

2. Do I require any additional parts that I need to order with the dvd?? (it's a wild guess, and I'm probably very wrong, but magnets is my thinking...) and

3. how difficult is it to perform (ie how much practice does it require).

Thanks a lot.
Constantine.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9305 Posts

Profile of pegasus
1) Yes
2) Yes, PK Ring
3) Not too dificult, but does require practise.
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1240 Posts

Profile of Jeff
Constantine, pegasus has answered your questions above. Yes the cap is bent but it really does not matter. Charlie tells you a way to do it unbent. Supermagnetman.net has pk rings for $8.00
Ittakes a little practice but it's not that hard, you should have it in no time.

BTW you can order the digital download from my website and get Charlies Coin in bottle routine for free.

Jeff
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
cbitsakt
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of cbitsakt
Thanks for the replies Pegasus. Very helpful.
A quick question and a quick remark though:
1. I looked up at PK rings and are either gold or silver and vary a little in diameter. Does it matter which one I go for?? Does one make more easy to do tricks than the other??

2. My remark is that when performing to close friends and family, the fact that you're wearing a new ring may draw some attention.... just a thought.

Thanks again,
Constantine.
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1544 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Prohibition is the BEST cap in bottle effect that was ever created hands down
Pat Trick
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Pat Trick
Okay, I love the look of Probihition from the DVD I now own. Will be practicing much 'til she's show ready. But....not to expose...but it seems that the spousal gimmick is realistically the only way the effect is going to work cleanly and consistently. Charlie suggests using rather small ******s as an alternative, but I have grave doubts. They seem too awkward and ungainly or just plain not strong enough to pull off the trick correctly. Am I wrong?
To try is to risk failure; not to try, to guarantee it.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9305 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I agree the spousal gimmick, as you call it, is the only way to perform this effect. Just keep it in your pocket until you are ready to go, like me.
Pat Trick
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Pat Trick
I thought so, Pegasus. The DVD is a bit misleading on this point. I can't imagine having any confidence doing it without the PK. It looks like it's worth the extra $ though. Anyone else have a thought on using small m*****s for Prohibition?
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4236 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
The "spousale gimmick," why would you keep it in your pocket until ready to go Pegasus? I have mines on all the time, no point in putting it on just for the effect since it has so many other uses. Using a small whatchamacallit works by the way, you just have to be a bit more mindful as to not flashing it.
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
My biggest problem is all my friends and family know I don't have a Spouse

Don
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4236 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
LoL, I don't usually perform for friends and family so I'm safe Smile Plus putting on the ring just for the effect while performing for friends and family is a big no no. They pick up on these kind of things. Best to give them a few days of getting use to adorning the "spousal gimmick" before you perform Prohibition as that will condition them to see everything as being normal.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9305 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Sterling currency now contains M******C coins so I have to be careful. There are too many items that are attracted to the gimmick for me to wear it all the time, IMO anyway.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4236 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Ooooo, I see, you're in the UK, us silly American's don't have this problem Smile
Pat Trick
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Pat Trick
There's no way I'd don a PK 24/7. Too much ongoing PK trouble, know what I mean? I'm also on teh ADD side and can easily see the risk of losing my real spousal gimmick, in which case my real spouse would be (koff koff) less than ecstatic.

I'm thinking the only way to do this cleanly is to rehearse it using my non-spousal gimmick hand to hold the bottle. I have a hard time believing a small whatchamacallit would work well in the real world. Not just because of the flashing risk but also the small size risk. Unless I'm way off here, it'd have to be an ultra super powerful gimmick to do what it needs to do.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4236 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
The non-spousal hand is where I have the spousal whatchamacallit. Smile I've tried the the sanada style whatchamacallit and I can assure you, it works well, but since I have a spousal one, I wear that. I am happy to say that PK trouble has not occurred. Real way to cause PK trouble would more likely occur if you keep the gimmick in your pocket where it's likely to rub up against things that you don't want it to rub up against, this causing PK trouble. I learned and also perform Prohibition with my non-spousal hand.
Pat Trick
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Pat Trick
Kissadoo:

Sanada style? Can you PM on what this is?

Thanks!
P
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4236 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Research it Smile It's also the gimmick that comes with Enigma.
jamesmagic
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of jamesmagic
No need for ring. You can use a band-aid to tape on a tiny 30˘ ****** gimmick. Works perfectly.
Pat Trick
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Pat Trick
Thanks, James. My only concern is with strength of a 30 center. But I'll experiment. Kissadoo: I thought the Café was magicians *helping* magicians. Surely a quick PM would've been just as fast as sending me to do research.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Prohibition (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL