The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Loughran's ONE Levitation (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..9..14..19..24..29..32~33~34 [Next]
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Did a search on this, but couldn't find anything yet.

Received an email advertising this new solo levitation. Probably too soon to ask if anyone's seen it performed, or has it, yet. If anyone has, I'd love to read your comments on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yclCja94DUQ
http://www.masterofillusions.ca/master_o......oon1.htm

Brian
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Read the page got really excited. Saw the demo and was less excited but still curious. It's obvious which foot is doing the work and the leaning body seems awkward.

Do you have to leap up like that?
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Yes, it is obvious which foot is doing the work. One foot seems to always to a little higher, or move more freely, than the other. I'm sure this can be corrected with some practice.

I don't know if you have to leap like that, or if that's Peter's preferred method of levitating.

Price seems reasonable.

Brian
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Peter mentions on his site that he had knee problems just before the release of this effect...but that the levitation itself causes no discomfort.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Quote:
...but that the levitation itself causes no discomfort

Except to those who are watching it! Another thread was started on this routine so I'll post on here as well...

So my question is this? What is the big hype about all these self levitations anyway? I mean...none of them look very good or convincing. Every self levitation that I've ever seen someone try to box/market/sell all looks exactly the same and that is the performer looks like he is trying to balance on something. It always looks very unnatural and to me just screams as very obvious.

Maybe it's just me but I'm not impressed with One or any other self levitation on the market...not as of yet anyhow.
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I thought at 01:16 in the clip it looked quite good.

But, I think they'd be best to make a demo clip done for real folks in the context of a routine.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Does MC Hammer know that Peter has raided his wardrobe?

Looks good though, well done Peter.
Merlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Palmerton, Pa
362 Posts

Profile of Merlin
Quote:
On 2008-12-05 16:18, pegasus wrote:
Does MC Hammer know that Peter has raided his wardrobe?

Maybe that is a requirement????
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
871 Posts

Profile of gitty
Ray Noble and Peter Loughran together for bringing self-levitations to a new level!
Maybe this is the levitation which I waited so long!

The Q&A sounds so clear and easy like no other self-levitation.
The video looks very honest and you could really see the levitation.
In my opinion - ONE it's a real killer for self-levitations!

I will buy ONE!
WALTHER
mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
I got the email this morning too. I'm a "self levitation junkie" so I will probably add this to my arsenal. I'd like to see a video of this performed for a crowd but from what I've seen so far it looks like something I could work with.
It's not the size of the wand that matters, it's the "magic" in it...
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I own both elevator and on thin air and I'd like to know why I would be motivated to buy...one demo looks like Ray's method, while another I love you just go from flatfooted to levitating without "adding"...those in the know will get this...am I right?
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
The MAC wrote, “Do you have to leap up like that?

Answer ; No you don’t, different people have their own idea what a levitation should look like. Some people like to come off the ground fast while others like me like to take their time and do it nice and slow, and just seem to float upward. Neither method is wrong, it is just different ways of doing it.

Brian wrote, “I don't know if you have to leap like that, or if that's Peter's preferred method of levitating.

Answer ; Yes, it is the method of levitating that Peter seems to like. Once again, nothing wrong with it, he is just levitating faster than others might.

Merlin, The wardrobe (pants) that Peter is wearing is not a requirement. Look around the video, it is COLD THERE! Those are his, keeping warm pants! LOL

Best
Ray
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
I'm intrigued with levitations and have most of them and currently use the Fly for my gigs. I have jammed with Peter and let me say his brain is wired for magic and is possibly one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. Now I work enough shows a week that levitation comes up with my spectators. It is great when you can show them your abilities.

Now with this new levitation I love the fact that they can see under your feet. This is some clever thinking from Peter and Ray. I like the fact that this is one of those things I could throw in my suitcase and send in the belly of the plane. I would not have to ship this ahead of time. This would be fun the next time I travel to Jamaica. So having all the options at my feet, no pun intended;) I'm looking forward to hear what people say about this "One".

magicmike30
Entertainer
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
I think it looks good. The look underneath factor is a big plus for me. I love the Elevator AND On Thin Air but this ups the ante.

One question - it says no mods needed for the pants, but how about the shoes? I hate being limited to one pair of gaffed shoes.

Can't wait to hear more about it!
Corey King
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Quote:
On 2008-12-06 13:53, Corey K wrote:
One question - it says no mods needed for the pants, but how about the shoes? I hate being limited to one pair of gaffed shoes.

No mods to the clothes, socks, or shoes -- but you will have to spend three weeks in the hospital after your foot modification. Smile

Brian
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
I always loved http://fantasticfloatation.com/ myself.

Tho' I did dig the demo music. Anyone wanna pony up the name?
Official Thread Killer
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
The Q&A in the ad states:

Quote:
Can I use any pair of shoes I want?

The system is adjustable to almost any kind of shoe or footwear of your choice, and they will still feel, look, and function completely normal in every way.

Is there any initial set up or construction required?

There is about 15 minutes of prep time needed to customize the prop to you specifically, but requires no hardware tools, and is very easy to complete.

After viewing the demo video, ONE looks to be an interesting levitation.

I have a couple of question please.

1. Do I need to attach something to my shoes thus modifying my shoes? If so, is the attachment permanent or temporary? Also will leather sole shoes work?

2. How high can I actually (not apparent) levitate?

Thanks.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
sickmagic
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of sickmagic
LOL I loved the fact it says no funny pant, hmmmm what is the deal with MC Hammer pants he is wearing then? LOL Just found that funny. Didn't really care to much for the levitation based on the Video, however who knows in the right hands( or feet) it might be amazing.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I agree sickmagic, in the right hands (feet) this could be a winner.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2008-12-06 23:04, Stucky wrote:
I always loved http://fantasticfloatation.com/ myself.

Tho' I did dig the demo music. Anyone wanna pony up the name?

What did he say at 28 seconds into the video??????
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Loughran's ONE Levitation (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..9..14..19..24..29..32~33~34 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL