The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Loughran's ONE Levitation (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..28~29~30~31~32~33~34 [Next]
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
[quote]On 2009-08-26 23:38, Magical Dimensions wrote:
[quote]On 2009-08-26 07:57, magicFreak2 wrote: (IN PART)

Ok this sticks me. I pay a web designer to make a website for me. I pay him much more than if I got some indian guy to do it for me. There wouldn't be much of a quality difference, I just choose to pay this guy. Some times I pay him up to $100-$120/page. The only reason why I do that is because I always make it back with a massive profit, and without the web page, we wouldn't have that money.

Quote:

What do you mean by some indian guy? Can you explain this comment?

Also where is your web site? We would like to look at it and see the reason that you make such a massive profit. Is it the pictures, the copy or what. Who did you web site? What is it that you sell?

I am always looking for a better way to advertize.

Ray

Hehehehe, I should have known better. Smile Basically in the computer world, indians (from india), do almost all of the programming/coding, because they speak english and they are very cheap.

I don't make a massive profit, because I am always spending it to make the product better. Smile

As for the website, I'd better not post it on here, because trust me, you wouldn't be interested... basically its something that only ubergeeks use, I was just using my website costs to relate to why I would pay more for a levitation; if I anticipate that I will make a large profit off of it by performing with it.
hendramagic
View Profile
Regular user
INDONESIA
140 Posts

Profile of hendramagic
No problemo if you can expose your site we gladd to see your site . no matter bad site or good site. don't worry we don't judge you anything. My site is bad too but a lot to see to buy something. hehe GBU
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-08-27 09:07, hendramagic wrote:
No problemo if you can expose your site we gladd to see your site . no matter bad site or good site. don't worry we don't judge you anything. My site is bad too but a lot to see to buy something. hehe GBU

Well the point is its not exactly a magic site, because I sell software. Here it is anyways: http://www.imagicos.com

I love magic, so the name is iMagic OS, and our new and up coming product is magicOnline XD so its only natural that my username on our forums is magicFreak.

Other applications that come with iMagic OS include magicEssentials, magicWriter, magicChart, magicShow, magicFlash, and our installation file is *.magicInstall (vs. per say *.exe on Windows), etc etc.

I love magic Smile
hendramagic
View Profile
Regular user
INDONESIA
140 Posts

Profile of hendramagic
Wow I see your site, very fast, simple, nice. Good Product. We support you. we love magic 2.
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-08-27 09:57, hendramagic wrote:
Wow I see your site, very fast, simple, nice. Good Product. We support you. we love magic 2.

Thanks Smile
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Hey Piz!

Anxiously awaiting another video from you!

Mike Smile
justinwebb
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of justinwebb
So I received my one levitation in the mail and I have to say it is quite spectacular and I have gotten great reactions with it. thank you Mr. Loughran I am very pleased with the product. and I recommend it to everyone who wants a safe and effective way to levitate.
T,im Dawson
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of T,im Dawson
Hello Justin,
Fancy posting a demo on U Tube?
Another 'one' would be good to see (pardon the un-intended pun!)
Cheers
tjd
Nicholas Spade
View Profile
Regular user
Cincinnati Ohio
123 Posts

Profile of Nicholas Spade
I would like to see some one do the one levitation both feet together with no door way.
In my opinion holding anything while levitating reduces the power of the effect. Nice job, on the vids guys. Just not what I am looking for. I am not sold yet.
Tho this is very cleaver, but right now there is ONE thing all street levitations are missing.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
JetPacks? Real Magic? Lol, just kidding.

Acutally Nicholas, I don't hold onto anyting in the standard demo in any of the demonstrations I do. You can have both feet together, but, I think it looks more natural to have your feet apart a few inches. This was never possible before with the Elevator, On thin air, any most of the other street lev methods out there as the gimmick would be spotted. However you can certainly have both feet together if you wish.

Thanks for the short review Justin!

Best,

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Nicholas Spade
View Profile
Regular user
Cincinnati Ohio
123 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-09-11 20:53, Peter Loughran wrote:
JetPacks? Real Magic? Lol, just kidding.

Acutally Nicholas, I don't hold onto anyting in the standard demo in any of the demonstrations I do. You can have both feet together, but, I think it looks more natural to have your feet apart a few inches. This was never possible before with the Elevator, On thin air, any most of the other street lev methods out there as the gimmick would be spotted. However you can certainly have both feet together if you wish.

Thanks for the short review Justin!

Best,

P.

Peter, your method on this is great, I am still on the fence about getting this.
Seeing as how I don't have to time right now to work on what we spoke about.
I just might pick this up. I really would like to add a self levi to my rep and yours is the best offering I have seen so far.
Nicholas Spade
View Profile
Regular user
Cincinnati Ohio
123 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-12-05 16:03, Christopher Lyle wrote:
Quote:
...but that the levitation itself causes no discomfort

Except to those who are watching it! Another thread was started on this routine so I'll post on here as well...

So my question is this? What is the big hype about all these self levitations anyway? I mean...none of them look very good or convincing. Every self levitation that I've ever seen someone try to box/market/sell all looks exactly the same and that is the performer looks like he is trying to balance on something. It always looks very unnatural and to me just screams as very obvious.

Maybe it's just me but I'm not impressed with One or any other self levitation on the market...not as of yet anyhow.

Yes, there issues with balence with these levi. I have seen some people put in the time and effort to over come these tho. To a lot of magicians and specs self levitation is one of the greats effect to achieve. It's a dream an amazing dream. A true display of magical power. Its like the fountain of youth to a person on there death bed.
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
I made my own levitation, and ouch is it painful. Smile
Nicholas Spade
View Profile
Regular user
Cincinnati Ohio
123 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-09-19 11:22, magicFreak2 wrote:
I made my own levitation, and ouch is it painful. Smile

Are you sure your not talking about skywalker. hehehe

This should have no discomfort.
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Quick question guys...can this be done on a stage where a large audience can see under my feet? (assuming I have an appropriate rug or surface underneath)
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
Blueroyalty
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of Blueroyalty
Quote:
On 2009-10-07 23:02, bryanlonden wrote:
Quick question guys...can this be done on a stage where a large audience can see under my feet? (assuming I have an appropriate rug or surface underneath)

I would say so, yes. As long as there aren't lights shining directly underneath. This is more of a close-up illusion though imo.
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
No its not. Its a shoe with a square hole in it, a square block that goes into the hole. So basically you walk around with a square block under your heel (Ouch, Clack, Click, Ouch is what it sounds like Smile ). When you do the levi, I extend my right arm which pulls on a rope system that runs down my shirt and pants, and in turn pulls up the heel of the shoe leaving me suspended uncomfortably in mid air for about oh, .75 seconds Smile
Havens
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
313 Posts

Profile of Havens
Hey, I'm really interested in buying this effect and have read through all 21 pages of this thread. Before I buy I'd really like to know more about the modifications required for the shoe. I wear expensive boots when I'm performing and am not keen on damaging these, could anyone allude to what kind of mods I'd need to do?

I'm also aware one method requires no modification but I assume if other methods are supplied, then this isn't the best route, does anyone have any thoughts on this? Is it as stable, can it be set for a long period of time in this position?

My other concern is having to wear a shirt or jacket. My jacket is tight fitting, though if it's hot I'll perform in an untucked t-shirt.

Any help on these points would be greatly appreciated before I part with my hard earned.
Brooks Allen
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Brooks Allen
Hi if you live in the uk I'll sell you mine for cheaper as I have two ones because my brother didn't like his.
All the best
ps. The ONE levitation doesn't have balancing issues and the modification of the shoe is very small don't worry.

Brooks
Havens
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
313 Posts

Profile of Havens
That's cool, thanks for the offer but Peter has helped me out with all my questions and have ordered direct from him. Can't wait to receive it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Loughran's ONE Levitation (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..28~29~30~31~32~33~34 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL