The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Fan of coins transfer? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Is there anything in print that allows you to have a fan of 2 coins at the fingertips in one hand and a single coin in a fist in the other hand? I'm trying to find a way to get that single coin into my other hand.
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
If I understand correctly:

You have 2 coins displayed in a fan at the fingertips of your left hand, and you have one coin concealed in your right hand, AND you want to covertly place the concealed coin from your right hand to your left hand.

Is that your intention?

peace, charlie
Mr. Ray
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of Mr. Ray
That's how I understood it, too...
travisb
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
548 Posts

Profile of travisb
But he could mean he wants to have two coins in a fan in the left hand and one coin concealed (in left hand finger palm, say), and he wants to get that concealed coin into his empty right hand...

-Travis
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Quote:
On 2008-12-06 13:42, MarkTirone wrote:
Is there anything in print that allows you to have a fan of 2 coins at the fingertips in one hand and a single coin in a fist in the other hand? I'm trying to find a way to get that single coin into my other hand.

Pick up a copy of COINS on EDGE by Kainoa Harbottle. http://www.Kainoaland.com You'll find what you're looking for in there. His methods deal mostly with stacks of coins, but you can apply it to just a single one.

Best,
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
You got it, Charlie. That is exactly what I intend to do. I will take a look at Coins on Edge, which I have actually had my eye on for a while. But nobody really talks about it much, and I haven't really seen Kainoa Harbottle perform that much, so I'm iffy about his stuff. But I love him (his coins), so I will give it a shot.

-Mark Tirone
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Or read Bobo's - utility switch.
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Judge me however you'd like, but I have NOT read Bobo's yet. lol It is one of those things I keep forgetting to get with all this other material out on the market, such as the material on Vinny Marini's site as well as Sankey's DVDs, which I really played with for a while. I'm hoping to get it for Christmas this year.

-Mark Tirone
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Mark,
No, I would not judge you! But Bobo's is where I started! And I have always. It's a good place to start! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
phread
View Profile
Elite user
md
486 Posts

Profile of phread
Mike Gallo has a fingertip pass in the Collected Almanac...
Deckless Wonder
jocce
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of jocce
Mark, what's the reason for holding the single coin in a closed fist in the first place? From that reason, it would probably be possible to figure out something that makes sense. Where in the routine is this? Why is your hand closed into a fist? What have you told the spectators up to this point? Why do you have two coins at the fingertips, and how did they get there? Etc...etc... Smile
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Mark,
I need to know, what is your next movement or body movement? What do you plan on doing next, producing the coin that just got transfered....etc.?
PM me or explain more of your routine here, please.
The Captain
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Quote:
On 2008-12-07 12:21, jocce wrote:
Mark, what's the reason for holding the single coin in a closed fist in the first place? From that reason, it would probably be possible to figure out something that makes sense. Where in the routine is this? Why is your hand closed into a fist? What have you told the spectators up to this point? Why do you have two coins at the fingertips, and how did they get there? Etc...etc... Smile

Yes, that would help us help you.

Also, where are you going with this? What follows?
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
OK lol

I am going to close my 3 Fly routine with this step. I just revealed the second coin to travel into my left hand to join the one coin, then I fan the 2 coins out and reveal the one coin in my right hand. I want to close my fist around it, and then get that nonchalantly, in one action, into my left hand.

My body actions are my leaning slightly to the right to "Encourage" the coin to vanish from that hand and join the 2 in the fan. This is going to close my 3 Fly routine, and then I am going to put the coins away or vanish them, and then produce them again.

Before this, I take the 3 coins from a fan, make one jump to the left hand, then I tell them that I will make it happen slower so it is more fair. I apparently toss one into the air, and it comes down into the hand with a clink. Then I do that move from the beginning phase of Eric Jones' Speedfly where I toss it from the hand into the hand with the coins, and then say that it's not that fair and make it jump invisibly back into the other hand. Now, I close my fist around it and display the coins in the left hand in a fan and do everything else, like encouraging the coins, etc.

Hope it helped.

-Mark Tirone
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Gary Kurtz, Gesticulated Changeover. I may have spelled that wrong, but it's in his book.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Brian Platt's "Fanning Pitch" from his 'Catapult' DVD.
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
So, so far I have:

Coins on Edge
Catapult
Covert Coins
Gary Kurtz book
Collected Almanac
Bobo's book. I will look into these and give them all a shot (all for one move lol).

-Mark Tirone
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
You'll get a lot more than one move. Smile
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
Quote:
On 2008-12-06 13:42, MarkTirone wrote:

Chris K. has a way of doing that, using Michael R's R.O.P.S move; Chris does it with one coin.

After watching Chris' DVD, I came up with my own way of doing it, and I can do it with one coin or a fan of two or three coins just as you wrote above, but it is not publish yet, LOL; well, none of my coin magic is publish yet. Smile

Good luck coming up with your own way.

peace.

Mano.
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Chris Kenner? His DVD is out already? Is this the finger transfer you are referring to, Mano? I don't think that would work too good for me since I plan on doing it for larger audiences where it is at chest/eye level.

-Mark Tirone
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Fan of coins transfer? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL