The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Need Help (!) Getting Rid of "Mirar" Toolbar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2008-12-12 16:02, ladyinmyhead wrote:
I too have been attacked with the ugly Mirar. I downloaded SUPERantispyware and it went through its scan. Now I am stuck on Quarantining & removing harmful items. It is stuck on software/microsoft/internet explorer/toolbar for hours now. It will not let me interrupt. I must say there was an incredible amount of junk on my computer. Is this normal? Should I reboot? Any help would be appreciated.

In my experience, hours would be extremely unusual.

If it won't let you interrupt, if were you, I would reboot and try again.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Can anyone provide any information on how to use HijackThis!? I can run the program but I'll be darned if I can figure out which of the hundredes of entres should be removed and which wones are required filees or entries and, if removed, will cause my computer to freeze up and require reformatting.

Thanks for any info in this regard.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Just fyi, it was MalwareBytes Anti-Malware that got rid of Mirar for me. Super Anti-Spyware did not for some reason (though it did for others).
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Here is some information about this software from McAfee: http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_124245.htm . Hope that helps somebody, as it also shows the website of the creators of this nightmare program.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I'm scared to click on it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Need Help (!) Getting Rid of "Mirar" Toolbar (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL