The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Inflatable final loads. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Has anyone been asked if your final loads were inflatable? I've always used lacrosse balls as my final loads and last night after I performed two people approached me on different occasions asking if my final loads were inflatable.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
Kipee
View Profile
Regular user
UK
156 Posts

Profile of Kipee
I've had people reach over and grab the loads to check, but never been asked the question. But there is always a first time for everything!
MagicByUriel
View Profile
Veteran user
Johnathan Townsend has a lot more than
358 Posts

Profile of MagicByUriel
I use racquetballs for my Pf cups and golf balls for my mini cups. When I reveal the first load I bounce it on the table and it bounces up making a "thud" sound which convinces people enough that they are solid and what they appear to be.
"Magic is the only art that the audience wants the performer to screw up" - Daniel Garcia
Eddie Torres
View Profile
Special user
New York City
692 Posts

Profile of Eddie Torres
Never asked if it was inflatable, people do often want to know if it's soft foam.

Eddie
Eddie Ivan Torres
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Don Alan would have remarked "Mine aren't. Are YOURS?"
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I've had people grab them a few times. When producing fruit, I always toss it out to the audience. The funniest reaction I ever got from a spectator was, "Where did that 4th cup go?" She was positive that I HAD to have 4 cups, as I had produced 4 loads.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
When I do chop cup, I bounce the first of the final loads off of the floor to prove that it's solid. I don't perform it strolling, just for parlor or standup.
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
I did bounce the loads over the mat when I produced them so it would have that characteristic "thud" to them and as we all know lacrosee balls are pretty heavy so they will make a sound when you try to bounce them off a table.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
Eddie Torres
View Profile
Special user
New York City
692 Posts

Profile of Eddie Torres
Quote:
On 2008-12-08 02:44, pepka wrote:
I've had people grab them a few times. When producing fruit, I always toss it out to the audience. The funniest reaction I ever got from a spectator was, "Where did that 4th cup go?" She was positive that I HAD to have 4 cups, as I had produced 4 loads.

Speaking of extra cups, on more than one occasion I've had people suggest that I somehow had an extra cup with the final loads hidden or something... I always thought that was an odd theory as to how the trick worked.
Eddie Ivan Torres
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I know what you mean Eddie. From that day forward, I always produce at least one more load than I have cups.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2008-12-08 21:22, Sam Tabar wrote:
I did bounce the loads over the mat when I produced them so it would have that characteristic "thud" to them and as we all know lacrosee balls are pretty heavy so they will make a sound when you try to bounce them off a table.

For some people, the "thud" might be enough, but for others who are primarily visual, they'll need to see a good high bounce. Bouncing off of the table doesn't seem to convince people, but bouncing off of the floor can, when you do it after the cup is placed back onto the table.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Inflatable final loads. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL