The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Bisection By Andrew Mayne (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
Well not so hyped up though. Just have a friend on the side with a laser pointer and a fog machine to see the beam. Then do the move to get your body in half.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
714 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
I think it would look cooler if your upper half EXPLODED! haha... some food for thought.
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2219 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I do the Bisection every Thursday and Friday nights at a comedy bar and it works well with my audience here. I use the curtain covered hoop for this. I show myself in half for about five seconds only. I had to modify the prop so I can do it more easily and foolproof. Smile
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3397 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
What is the effect? Thanks.
Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
At any time during your show you make half of your body completely disappear in the blink of an eye, then just as quickly, you return to normal.

I wish these came pre-assembled. I dislike building things. Smile Go to his site.

Go down and watch the video for it.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
WandSpin
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of WandSpin
I saw someone do this and it looked good. It shouldn't be done twice, like much of magic.
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
It is a great effect...
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
This effect is not impractical, and it can be done with AM's other effects. The problem that you will have combining the effects is simply stated in three words.

Building the Routine.

When done PROPERLY it has GREAT impact.

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
floridamagic
View Profile
Regular user
lakeland Fl
156 Posts

Profile of floridamagic
Its not for every act, but my buddy Tony Brent does it 6 nights a week at Wonder Works in Orlando and it works well as a quicky.
what the...?
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
378 Posts

Profile of what the...?
I've wanted this trick for some time. I had watched the video clip and was absolutly mistified. My step-mom saw thru it immediately. I know how it is done, but am uncertain on the contruction, do you think I should still buy it?
The great Sandwich!
Kahoon
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Kahoon
Do you have to build LEGS and hide yourself behind them? How can that be preformed surrounded?
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
We can not disclose what you are building since that will tip off the method. But yes you have to build a gimmick. It is real easy and cheap to make. It cost me around $30 USD and about 25 min to build it.

To perform it surrounded you use a hola-hoop with a curtain contacted to it. Great trick and it is fast and stunning.

Hope that helps.

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Jon Beetham
View Profile
New user
Newcastle
71 Posts

Profile of Jon Beetham
Bi Section is not a stand alone effect but more of a visual shocker during other effects.. Your audience will do a double take and think 'Did I just see that."

I agree with Michael though, it is a nice piece and very original..
XenoMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Where Am I?
121 Posts

Profile of XenoMagic
I agree... it's not a stand alone effect. But trust me, it makes for an awesome closer to a Halloween routine.

Leo
"Watch closely and you'll see that my fingers never leave my hands"
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Leo Martin
<BR><BR>[email]Me@PlanetLeo.com[/email]
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2219 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Do you think it would be better if an assistant were to lower the curtained hoop while you were standing inside and your torso vanished? Because if your upper part really vanished, then the curtains should all drop down. What do you think?
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
I didn't perform Bi-Section until I could find a reason for 1/2 my body to disappear. Then I found it! I do Andrew Maynes Bowling ball from a paper sack (Shock FX video). As the ball hits the floor, it startles everyone, including my assistant. I ask her to retrieve the ball for me and she responds "I'll get it for you alright". As she walks towards me holding the ball, I pretend to sheild myself using my jacket (the get-ready). She then throws the ball at me but it sails over my pants (through my disappeared upper body). When I restore myself, I exclaim to her, "Don't make me do that again". By combining 2 of AM's effects, I feel there is a reason for my body to disappear.
Jim Tighe
View Profile
Veteran user
West Virginia
363 Posts

Profile of Jim Tighe
She really tosses a bowling ball that high and hard.
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
It's an 8lb bowling ball. When she tosses it, she is only 2 feet away. She also says "Here you go". On the word HERE, I start to drop the cloth to reveal 1/2 my body gone. On the word "YOU", I have the cloth completely lowered and the illusion is complete. On the word GO, she releases the ball, and it goes over my pants and lands on the floor behind me. At the sound of the THUD, I raise the cloth and restore my body and exclaim "Don't make me do that again". It's an amusing piece and I enjoy performing it.
Jim Tighe
View Profile
Veteran user
West Virginia
363 Posts

Profile of Jim Tighe
I like it Muzicman, my kind of routine.
BLSmagic
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of BLSmagic
Hi everyone,
I'm glad to finally be a member of the Magic Café. I figured I would do my first post here.
I have been looking very hard at this illusion and have been thinking of a purchase in the near future. I checked out the photo animation of it on Andrew Mayne's website. Please pardon my asking right off the bat. He has his shirt untucked for the effect and I was wondering if that is a must? I use the semi-formal look (tucked shirt) when I'm onstage. I'm liking the idea of being cut in half, NOT with a laser. Smile Thanks guys.
My screen name has changed to "Bryan Swaringen."

www.BusinessEntertainer.com www.MagicPromoReel.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Bisection By Andrew Mayne (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL