The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Backfire Matrixes With NO Extra Coins And NO Gaffs Or Gimmicks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
I have always liked backfire matrixes, but I want to be able to do it with only four ordinary coins. Any sources? Does something like this exsist?

Thanks for any help,
Andrew

Smile Smile Smile
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Do a search, I know this has been talked about. But I think Mr. Kam has a new backfire out on his new video.

Lee
KyleHarnish
View Profile
New user
Southern California
51 Posts

Profile of KyleHarnish
I have one I learned from ben, ask him.
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
There is one on PoS3. It dates back to the 80's, and I've used it since then. The earliest, and best, I think, include Harry Levine's in "Encore 3" and Mark Lefler's in the introductory section of the Collected Richard's Almanac.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
wert
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of wert
It's called Reversi I believe.

Bob Kohler also has a nice one called Return to Spender in one of Bannons books.
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Quote:
On 2003-04-26 20:36, KyleHarnish wrote:
I have one I learned from ben, ask him.

Yeah Kyle I know what you are talking about. He taught it to me as well, but it uses a shell. I am looking for no gaffs or gimmicks.

Quote:
On 2003-04-26 20:46, Curtis Kam wrote:
There is one on PoS3. It dates back to the 80's, and I've used it since then. The earliest, and best, I think, include Harry Levine's in "Encore 3" and Mark Lefler's in the introductory section of the Collected Richard's Almanac.

That should do it Curtis. I ordered the DVD from Hocus Pocus last night and I can't wait. Thanks.

Andrew

-Andrew
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1114 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Shoot Ogawa's one handed matrix and backfire will have your eyes bugging out of your head!

Rumour has it that Bob Kohler will be offering some more of Shoot's killer material on dvd in the future. We can only hope that this routine will be on there.
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Everything he has will do that.

Lee
Gidon
View Profile
New user
Tacoma, Wa
80 Posts

Profile of Gidon
Shoot's stuff is amazing. I've been using his "Slow" and "Quick" matrix with a reset ever since I saw his lecture. The story with it is so good.

You do a matrix fast. Then promise a slow matrix only to have the slow matrix end up in a reverse. Great stuff. He can really control an audience.
Chris Harland
"No WAY...wait...do that again."
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
Let me recommend Bob Kohler's "Return to Spender" from Impossibilia, as mentioned earlier. It uses four coins and only two cards.

I perform it all the time as a closer. There's just no way you can follow it.
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Don't forget Mr. Dill and his videos but I would get in contact with Shoot.

Lee
Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1651 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
There's a Reverse Matrix (which is what I presume a Backfire Matrix to be) on David Jones' Close-Up video from International Magic.

It uses four (identical) coins, four cards, no gaffs, no duplicates, and it's fairly easy. If I can do it anybody can, and I perform it often.

Dave
The Ozzy Osbourne of the 34x27
sdraun
View Profile
New user
Chicago
19 Posts

Profile of sdraun
[quote]On 2003-04-26 20:12, Andrew E. Miller wrote:
I have always liked backfire matrixes, but I want to be able to do it with only four ordinary coins. Any sources? Does something like this exsist?

Thanks for any help,
Andrew

Smile Smile Smile

Check out a movie I made for you.
http://www.stevedraun.com/films/matrix.wmv

Steve Draun
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
Dean Dill's Intimate coin magic has a Matrix plus backfire with no gaffs and no extras.

Plus a lot of other great magic effects with coins.

Definitely worth seeing.
Gidon
View Profile
New user
Tacoma, Wa
80 Posts

Profile of Gidon
Shoot Ogawa has a great four card four coin reverse matrix. He does it under the guise of doing the matrix so slow you can see it. You see and hear him place coins under a card. When he lifts the card all the coins are back in place.

I think back fire matrix tricks that use one or two extra coins can be just as effective even though you have to hold out.

Out of curiosity, why do you want one with no extra coins?
Chris Harland
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

I just don't want to deal with ditching anything or the hassle of having something like a gaff or an extra coin. It leaves me dirty at the end and if I can avoid that then I will do so.

Andrew

-Andrew
Gidon
View Profile
New user
Tacoma, Wa
80 Posts

Profile of Gidon
I agree it is nicer to end clean. Another good point to do a four coin matrix is that it's sometimes difficult to lug six coins around all the time. When you could just collect four from spectators.

And someone said they learned a matrix from Ben...who's ben? I'd like to learn this shell matrix routine as well.
Chris Harland
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Ben Schwartz is a friend of mine and Kyle's. He lives in our area.

Andrew

-Andrew
JC33
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of JC33
Steve Draun,
I really liked the video you posted. Is that routine in print anywhere? It seemed similar to Mark Lefler's Reversi, but I believe that it is a bit different. I'd love to check out your routine.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2322 Posts

Profile of Doomo
You know andrew. The one Steve Draun sent you meets all your requirements...
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Backfire Matrixes With NO Extra Coins And NO Gaffs Or Gimmicks (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL