The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Helping the Muscular Dystrophy Association (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Faulkner
View Profile
Loyal user
New Orleans
248 Posts

Profile of Faulkner
The comment "sick" is pertaining to what felt like was an attempt to increase earnings using a charity. This action is common in many major cities. I watch it in New Orleans where caps are sold and the implication is a part of the sales goes to “Meals on Wheels“. It does not, and it is very hard for a charity to go after this kind of theft.

I have worked for charities before, both paid and on my own time. I do them because I know people who have died from the illness. Someone might want to look up the word “charity”.

I wonder if anyone besides me has called the MDA and asked them what they felt about the idea of standing on the street performing and wearing the t-shirt. I know what I was told when I called, and no, I will not say. Get off your tush and call yourself.

My feeling is if you want to help a charity, you call and ask the charity how to help.
There are many intelligent people on the Café, but I doubt we know as much as the charity themselves. I have yet to see anywhere in this thread where there is a concern for someone with MD.

Just concerns for the cash and a payday tax write off.

Again, look up charity.

(I now expect to be called more names.)
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24052 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2008-12-31 13:10, Mad Doctor wrote:
(I now expect to be called more names.)

If you are "sick", you can always see a doctor who is mad. He might even service you for charity. Smile
Quote:
On 2008-12-30 21:45, Paddy wrote:
I promise I will go out of my way to never say anything that may help you again.

Thank God Almighty, I am free!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Helping the Muscular Dystrophy Association (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL