We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Floating Table (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1877 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
1)3x 30" legs - optional 3 x 6" legs!
2) Much Stronger
3) Can work as a side table too -will hold 20 lbs.
4) floats ala zombie, magnetic and a new method.
5) $275
Coming Soon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVk_5wX6dyQ
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1422 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Looks great. I look forward to that . . .
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
727 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
Seriously?
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
Looks more like a barstool than a table to me... doesn't look all that balanced either.

I think I'll wait until I can afford a Losander table.
Corey King
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
The table on the You Tube link did look more like a bar stool (perhaps an early prototype?) but if you check out the website you will find quite an assortment of tables in different colours/styles. I like the look of the mahogany coloured versions. The price listed at the site http://www.floatingtables.com is $400 which is different than is mentioned here. I'm wondering if the $275 is introductory pricing. Also, the deal is sweetened by the free shipping within Canada/US. I wish Kerry (Captain Kid)the best of success with this product as it looks like the final products have turned out quite nicely.

The concern of course though is whether this is yet another knockoff of the Losander table. This is a valid concern but the builder indicates that his table uses three different methods to accomplish the effect and unless proven otherwise this should be taken at face value.

If someone is considering a floating table this might be a good way to see if it's something that you like and that fits with your program. If you find it does and your happy with the table then it would appear that you've saved some money. The proviso being that the methodology used is in fact different than the Losander version.

If all else fails you can always use the $275 that you spent on this table to participate in Losander's $500 deal for trading in a table from any other manufacturer for one of his tables. You will find info on this promotional deal as well as the following quote from http://www.losander.com:

"Magicians like Jeff McBride, Eugene Burger, Lance Burton, Salvano, Moretti, Marco Tempest, Chuck Jones...have bought the original from Dirk Losander. All these people know how much effort and time it takes to create such a beautiful and amazing effect, and they all have one thing in common... They do not support copies in this business. Losander would appreciate if you, as a Magician of honor and integrity would do the same."

There are also a few Magic Café threads that address/debate this topic.

Who knew it was so complicated to buy a magic prop!

Jeff

ps. Another point to consider is the excellent DVD that comes with a Losander table. He really walks you through the presentation and how to enhance the illusion of the levitation/animation of the table. Otherwise it can end up just looking like you have a table on a stick. I've had my Losander table for several months and am still working at perfecting my routine and handling with it!
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1422 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Jeff makes a good point. But of course the question still exists of whether Losander "invented" these tables, or whether we can trace their lineage back further. If Losander "owns" the idea to the satisfaction of The Magic Community, then yes, we should all reserve his copyright. But who is the arbiter of ownership (assuming there are no legal patents involved here)? If Losander is not the originator, but merely the most renowned crafter of such tables, then I say we should buy Kerry's (if they are good) and help put some pressure on dealers to lower prices at this time when we are all under great economic strain. I say thanks Kerry for entering a new product into the marketplace, and if it is a strong product, then we'll buy it and tell our friends.
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3097 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
I've owned a number of different floating tables, and have kept only one; a Losander.

Regardless of the issue of origin (which I recognize is an important discussion point), I'll restrict my comments to the tables themselves. And please keep in mind that I have not seen, nor used the 'new' table discussed on this thread (although having seen other alleged "different methods," I can assure you that they all essentially work in the same manner).

First, the Losander table is designed and built significantly better than any other table I've used. It is incredibly light, yet surprisingly sturdy, with superb balance. Some of the other tables are quite heavy, by comparison, and this IS an issue in performance.

Second, Dirk's (Losander) training DVD is superb. As Bill Abbott suggests in his new "The Thing" upgrade kit, which contains training from Cirque De Soleil's Paul Wildbaum, a floating table performance requires significant 'performance,' and can look terrible when performed poorly.

My final point is the extraordinary support that comes with a Losander table. Through an absolute "duh" on my part, I severely damaged my table. Dirk's response and support was extraordinary - an rare virtue in today's magic market.

To encapsulate my experience with floating tables, when performed well, a Losander table is like an exquisite ballet...while, at best, the other tables I have owned were akin to a marginal line-dancing exhibition.

This is not a criticism of the 3-legged table that is the subject of this thread, but rather a compliment of the highest order for Losander tables. Yes, they are quite expensive (an investment, in fact) but you really do get what you pay for!
brainman
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of brainman
Losander - balanced, light, looks good, easy to handle, looks magical in performance.
The video above did not seem magical to me in any approach. I would suggest to remove it from youtube as it gives away too much.
Just my personal opinion - and yes I also did own the cheaper ones - but Losander has great service and great tables.
Well - everyone has to decide by himself.
best,
T
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
727 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
Just checked ut the website with the other tables, they look ver very nice!

I have to say though the $275 one looks not so great!

Would love to hear from someone who has purchased one of these, I am in a situaton where I want a table for one particular part of my stand up act, I just find it hard to justify spending over a 1000 bucks for one, will a 400 one do the same job, if someone could pm me there thoughts on the item, just in case there are pople who have a view but would prefer to kee it private!

Regards

Ash
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2474 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Quote:
On 2008-12-10 12:00, TheTableTopTrixta wrote:
Seriously?

The demo makes it painfully obvious what is going on. You can see the shape of the gimmick when it is being floated. Towards the end the gimmick is let go and you can see its shape swinging.
I try to encourage people but I can't get behind this one based on the demo.
sokarnl
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of sokarnl
Balance looks off as well.
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
That video shows a cheap and NASTY product, absolutely awful!!!
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3097 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Ash, one of the tables I owned was the $400 version linked to earlier in this thread. It functions, but is not nearly as good as a Losander. So, to answer your question directly, ("I just find it hard to justify spending over a 1000 bucks for one, will a 400 one do the same job"), it does not do the "same job."
But for some people it will be acceptable.

Since you asked for opinions, I would urge you to wait until you can afford a (used) Losander (they do come up from time to time for sale), rather than buy an inferior prop. To use the oldest cliche in the book (which in itself is a cliche!), a Yugo and a BMW will both get you from point 'A' to point 'B,' but there is a significant quality distinction which has a bearing on the drive; the features; and (extremely important in an industry where image is paramount) the image that each projects (at the risk of sounding like a car snob).
Magicusa
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Magicusa
I didn't like this at all. My vote is for the "Losander".
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1877 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I am trying to be as straight forward as possible in this post with the weaknesses as well as strengths of this new table. If you want to duplicate Losander’s performance, it would be best to use his tools.

I make magic props because I enjoy it, not to make a fortune. Most are just for myself. Sometimes I make a limited amount for others. I try to keep things reasonable because I have other revenue streams and I don’t want to become a manufacturer. My last product I sold, the “Monkeys Paw” was well received, and even was mentioned in at least one magic book.

No other magician has seen or used this table at all other than myself, so to vote, or to make judgments on something you don't know seems a bit absurd. I have no problem with someone not liking it, but these snap judgments seem to be more emoting than using analysis. Why be so nasty?

If you notice on my site, this table is not advertised. That is because currently there is only a handful. Yes, the video is bad, and it does seem off balanced, but I made the video with my autistic son screaming in my ear (hence no sound). Yes, I performed it poorly. The idea was to show how it floats, not to show off my talent. I wanted to document it before anyone else copied it, since I do use it in shows now and can be copied.

As for how it looks, How well can you tell from that video? I plan to shoot another video soon. No it will not be a fancy video that cost thousands of dollars. It will be another simple home video without all the "hype" – or a son acting up *G*. This will save buyers money. If you wish to spend your money on a Losander, go for it. In my experience most working magicians don’t have money to burn. This one is for them.

Does it look like a stool - sure - so what? Call it a floating stool if you like. Is a floating stool less remarkable? It is designed “Stool-like” on purpose. Three legs looks much bulkier/heavier than one column. It is much stronger, and can be used as a side table as well. If done outdoors, a little wind can knock over the standard Balsa wood table - not this one. You will have to work to break this one. Standard tables are extremely fragile - especially Losander’s because the gimmick he uses does not support much weight, so his balsa is very thin. I wouldn't recommend using one of these legs for a pick-up game of soft ball, but the legs are pretty strong and tough.

This one does not come with a case (Losander's is extra last I checked), but it doesn't need one. The legs are tough, and the top is heavier aluminum that a dove pan, but I would take a little care of it anyway, but compare to a balsa wood table, this is a brick house. No more emergency gluing.

As for looks, this one looks nice, not rough like Losander's lower model. The video does not show it well. It is a STAGE/PARLOUR item, not a close-up prop (as is Losander’s, so this really isn’t an issue either way). The one thing I will give the balsa wood ones is the top looks nicer. On this one, it is not designed to show the top (w/o cloth). You can show the top, it is just not as nice. I thought of using a balsa wood top, but I did not want to sacrifice the strength.

Please understand NO balsa wood table looks like fine furniture up-close - only from a distance. Balsa, does not finish well like walnut - but it is a LOT lighter!

Currently this does not come with instructions, but I will be making a video. The basics are pretty straight forward, and I am happy to talk to anyone and explain how it works.

I come from a bizarre position. I think magic should be believable as real. Real magic (as some believe in) is generally not elegant, but it is believable. If you do too much, people just can’t suspend reality and the “magic” performance becomes more of a puzzle. I think most magicians are seen as performing puzzles than magic.

Recently Losander preformed with a few other magicians in Raleigh. I conducted a small, informal poll after the show. As any magician who has preformed professionally knows, what magicians like and what a lay audience likes are often two different things. The result of my poll was some like his floating ball, and none were impressed with his table. While I did not expect rave reviews, I did not expect that. Everyone agreed that it was obvious he was using a “stick”. His elegance was lost on them because they wanted to see magic, they wanted to believe, and the floating table, as he did it, did not do the trick. Magicians like it, the lay people I asked were not so impressed.

Why? This type of routine has two major issues.
1) Like all zombie routines, with the exception of the “Thing”, the audience wants you to drop the cloth. They may not know exactly how it is done, but they know the cloth is hiding something. Why not just float it w/o touching it? Why does so much stage magic obviously hide things from the spectator behind cloths? I could never understand. Look at a sub-trunk. You pull up a cloth when the magic happens. You get a surprised reaction from the audience, but everyone knows something secret was happening behind the cloth, and it becomes a puzzle to ponder.
2) It violates the “Less is More” Principle. When you do something too extraordinary, it is too hard to believe – especially when it is obvious you are hiding something. Using small, even jerky movements is much more believable that grand, elegant floatation. It also give people less time to wonder how it was done and examine the technique. While Losander’s routine is beautiful and elegant, it challenges the viewers too much and becomes a elegant puzzle – not “real magic”. If this is your goal, fine. It is not mine. Let me give another example. When I do a fork bending, I do a little at a time. If the fork suddenly bent in half, it would become a puzzle. By making a series of very small bends it is easier for people to suspend disbelief.

My current routine is a drama/comedy routine. It is not about a table floating (although that happens), but a series of tricks with entertaining dialogue. I also use the “Thing” and my “Invisible Pet”. For the floating table part, the “Invisible Pet” moves, and briefly floats the table. It gets a great reaction, with very little movement. It also gives a reason to float. The table can make grandiose sweeping movements, but I chose not to do that, but to keep it believable. Do not want to discourage anyone from being elegant. I you want a Losander look-alike performance, then use his equipment. If you look at me in the video, it is easy to see I do not look elegant (physically), so why try?

As for what is better, what is worse, it all depends on what you desire. If you want to perform a floating table on stage indoors, and spend a lot of time making the performance elegant, and have plenty of money to buy two (they break easily) then Losander’s will probably be right for you.

If you are looking for something that is sturdy, can do double duty as a side table, holds up in the breeze; something you can toss in the back of your car, perform at birthday parties and on stage, indoors or out and don’t have a lot of money to spend, then this may be for you.

Now answering a few comments:

*L* First Losander did not invent the floating table, or the means of floating. He copied another, and then married it put the "Tommy Wonder " gimmick. He has done a marvelous job of marketing to make people believe he invented it w/o actually saying it is his idea. If ANYONE has a problem with me making these tables, then they should also have the same issue with Losander. I did get permission from the person who was making them far before Losander, and it is my understanding Losander did not. I asked if he did, and was told he did not. --I am not saying he should have, just that he did not. So few people bother to do the research before they criticize.

Second, Stan Corrected needs to be corrected. This does float in 3 different methods, one which is TOTALLY new, as far as I can research. No current table floats in this other method. Is this other method the most wonderful way possible? No, but it does enable you to do things you can't with Balsa tables. Here is the secret. One leg has a finger hole near the base. While floating it high, you can insert your finger and hold it up while letting go of the zombie gimmick. It does take some strength, some coordination and practice. I do not use this method in my act because I don’t make the grand gestures as does Losander.

Third, Stan Corrected says he has owned one of my $400. I can assure everyone he HAS NOT. On the other hand, he is right, this is not the same as a Losander’s. The way they float is different methods. This one IS MUCH heavier (and stronger) than Losander’s. My Balsa ones hare heavier than Losander’s too. The method I use does not rely on a table being feather-light and fragile. Even if you consider a Losander's a “BMW” (while taking nothing away from Losander's, I don't), you will find a Honda gets better millage with fewer break-downs than a BMW. Also most magicians will not be able to afford even the lower end Losander. In my opinion, you can spend your thousands in much better ways that a simple floating table. The main thing you get for your money with Losander's, as with a BMW, is prestige. Using this same logic you should wait for Ferrari?

Fourth, Stan Corrected advice to save up to buy a Losander’s and not buy another IS JUST BAD ADVICE ANYWAY YOU LOOK AT IT. If you buy this table and you like it, you are saving yourself a grand or more. If you are not happy with it, Losander will discount one of his tables $500 if you give him mine, saving you over $200. If you don’t like mine, and still have to save for Losander’s (even after the $500 discount), in the in–between you have one to use. You can’t lose.

Remember this table cost 1/4 the price of a low-end Losander. It is made for a working magician, not for bragging, which seems so prevalent among magicians. Your clients don't know who Losander is, only other magicians know him. This table WILL float in a similar manner (for the VAST majority of magicians)without the risks of breaking or the cost. If this is important to you, get one. If you don't like it you can always trade it for $500 off a Losander table as Jeff pointed out.

I personally like this one better. It won’t break like “Stan Corrected’s” Losander did -without some effort! Thus no shows disrupted due to a broken prop.

If you are like me you will make your own tables. Neither design is very hard to make and it is a lot of fun. The challenge of creating/designing your own is very rewarding. Ultimately, that is what this is all about for me. Balsa wood is very easy to work with, a $20 miter saw, $10 worth of clamps and a few hours and nearly anyone can make one. This new one of mine is even easier to make, but the materials are more expensive.
nikola paris
View Profile
New user
Paris
72 Posts

Profile of nikola paris
I really don't understand such a post !

How can someone write so many wrong things in the the same post ?
How can you do any comparison between your "tool" and the incredible work of Mr Losander ? Have you got any sense of what is a levitation ? I don't think so !!!

You come here to do an advertisement of a product, in order to win money (what else ???), you do a bad video without any magic, of course, some people who know what does real magic have to look like, say you that your product may be not as good as you seem to think and what are you doing ? Try to destruct and discredit the wonderful work of Dirk Losander... IT'S A SHAME !!!!

About the quality of the video, you take your son as an hostage ? IT'S A SHAME ! I think people don't speak about the video, but the awful thing you put on it... It's everything but a levitation !!!! You used to perform that on stage ? IT'S A SHAME !!!!

In your post you mean that Losander didn't invent the Floating table ? Maybe, but for sure, his work is now worldwide known, and, for sure, he is now part of the magic history ... for ever ! Not only Mr Losander build an incredible tool, but he gave us the possibility to understand how to create a real levitation feeling...

After that you try to destruct Mr Losander as a performer ? A magician who used to do international tour for a long time, who was unanimously acclaimed all around the world ! SHAME ON YOU !!!!!

What you do here and everything you wrote is justy a SHAME !!!! If one day Magic die, it will be because of people like you....

The worst I can expect for you is to understand that what you said here is an offense for the magic community, and that your "floating table" is bad, and absolutely give no illusion....
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1877 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
We have a lot of people who like to talk about things they know little or nothing about. This particular forum is ripe with them giving reviews of various products that have never even seen – much lest used.

It is important to determine what type of magician you are. A working magician does magic full-time. Their needs are different from the guy that occasionally volunteers a party, or a collector of magic.

Many people who call themselves magicians actually are collectors of magic, and a magician’s "tools" are their “toys”. There is a big difference in point of view between magicians who see "Tools" and collector's "Toys". Some magicians here never do a commercial show, but own tens of thousands of dollars in magic toys. Some do a few shows for friends and occasionally volunteer a show to non-profit. These “magicians” may do a good job, they may do a bad job, but they are fundamentally different than a working magician – don’t be fooled. They often have high paying jobs and can afford very expensive magic toys and cars that many working magicians cannot afford.

A collector may be honestly trying to give you good advice to a struggling working or hobbiest magician, but they can’t in many situations. They do not have the demands a working magician has, and they don’t understand these demands. When you do maybe one magic show a month, as opposed to 9-10 a week, you have different priorities. You are not as interested in durability or ease of use. Magic is a toy, and complex tricks are fun to learn. If they break something, no big deal. If they don’t actually entertain the audience, no big deal. Their priorities are to entertain themselves first. I am not saying there is anything wrong with this – just different.

Working magicians know the magic is not in the props, but in personality. Expensive props are nice, but the routine is what is important – acting. Expensive props can never replace personality. Collector “Magicians” want to be personally entertained, so personality is often not as big a deal as the prop.

Dependability is a big deal with working magicians. If a prop breaks easily, or doesn’t function occasionally it can cause a disruption in a show – and can lead to less money in the pocket. People with magic toys are not so concerned.

Durability is a big deal with a working magician. The occasional magician doesn’t use things enough to worry about durability.

Ease of use is a big deal too. Learning complex moves is a lot of fun for many magicians you see at magic clubs. In real life of a working magician, the more complex and difficult something is, the more things to go wrong.

Crowd reaction is important. What entertains a magician may not entertain an audience. I do not know how many times I have thought an effect would amaze (because I liked it), and it didn’t. When your real goal is entertaining yourself, often entertaining the audience is ignored too much, if not completely.

Set-Up & tear down speed is important. When you have many shows and long drives, this is important. Often in a commercial show you have a very limited time to set-up and tear down. Those that occasionally volunteer a show are not under this pressure.

Storing and how well something travels is important – if you are just playing with magic this is not a big deal. Losander sells tables and if you want a case it is extra. Losander’s tables are very fragile, and to travel with one not in a case is perilous. Why does it come w/o a case? I can only assume many customers will rarely move their table out of their den.

Being able to use a prop for more than one thing is a big deal to a working magician. This saves on the haul in, as well on the pocket book.

A working magician gets what does the job. Why spend more, when you can get something that will do just fine cheaper. Working Magicians ARE NOT collectors of fine magic props untell they are very successful and can afford it. Their money is going in other hobbies and needs.

All this is to show some advice may be good for a collector, but not a working magician. One of the easiest ways of telling if someone is a working magician is to look at their website(s). If they don’t have a site, then magic is a hobby. They may perform well, but they don’t depend on it to feed their family so their needs are different. Sometimes a hobbyist has one or more websites, but it usually easy to tell. If they have the money, or they are a web developer, they will have a nice site, but it won’t be very commercial. If they have a website, but it looks like a 3rd grader made it, they may be a hobbyist, or a struggling pro. If their website is nice and commercial (that is commercial for magic, as opposed to costumes), then they are probably doing ok as a working magician.

Even then, if a person cannot see other uses besides their own narrow ideas of how things should look/be done – beware.

Many magicians also seem to need to impress others with their latest toy. There are a lot of very expensive props to fill this need.

What are you - a working pro or a collector, or a hobbiest. What can you afford? Some of us make a lot more than others. Listen to the advice of the type person you most want to emulate.

Most products are made to be sold to magicians first, and be entertaining to audiences second. They sell the sizzle – but in real life, it is not such a sensation with the audience. That is why there are the exciting videos.

Everything I do is with the working magician in mind. This IS NOT a collector's item. I try not to sell sizzle. I guarantee the product will be everything it is advertised, and I will hide no flaws. Perhaps I can do this because I am only a hobbyist at selling magic, not a flashy pro salesman. I don’t need to sell any tables. I do it because for now I enjoy it. As soon as I stop enjoying it, I will stop making them.
nikola paris
View Profile
New user
Paris
72 Posts

Profile of nikola paris
As I see, you understand nothing... But one thing is sure : wich such mentality, the only illusions you will touch are the illusions you have in your head... What you are doing is not magic at all, the item you want to sell is just awful, and even for 10$, it will be too expensive... You don't need to sell any tables ? PLEASE DON'T !!!!
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1877 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I posted the original post to get a little discussion going – yet people are popping out statements that have no bases on reality whatsoever. I GET I should have waited until I could make a better video . . . but it is not a big deal to sell these. Just a fun thing – or it was anyway. I will post another video in the future, just to clean up my part of the mess. If you want, I can prove Losander copied another floating table made in Europe ages ago. Other than that, this is my last post on this thread.

Guys, if you like seeing new products, then don’t get nasty. Don’t shoot from the hip. To the few of us that make products, these are our babies. If you don’t like it, we understand, but why are so many magicians just nasty, and possibly unstable? Why do magicians review products they know nothing, or next to nothing about? Why do so many magicians take such glee at slamming others?

I appreciate those that didn’t like it, and stated why in a civil way. It shows me what needs to be improved.

To those that like sounding like experts when they are not, and those who are just ugly individuals who think people will look up to them when they walk on others – get a life!

If anyone wants to discuss in a civil manner anything to do with this table, from ethics to use, I am more than happy to do so. Just give me a call. My guess, no calls. Phone calls are too real. It is easier to blast from a distance.

nikola paris
Quite a first post! When will your website be up?

It would be nice if you knew a little about me before you fly off in such a rant. *L* You do seem to fit what many Americans think of the French. Too bad.

I have taken nothing away from Losander other than him making statements that imply he has the original floating table and all others are copies is not true. He doesn't actually say this, for good reason, it is false, but it is implied in this clever piece of marketing:
"Magicians like Jeff McBride, Eugene Burger, Lance Burton, Salvano, Moretti, Marco Tempest, Chuck Jones...have bought the original from Dirk Losander. All these people know how much effort and time it takes to create such a beautiful and amazing effect, and they all have one thing in common... They do not support copies in this business. Losander would appreciate if you, as a Magician of honor and integrity would do the same."
-This is blatantly dishonest. Can’t say that I respect his honor integrity, but I do respect his marketing. People like to be in the company of these Magic giants, and if you buy anything else you have no honor or integrity and an outcast from the magical community. Brilliant. Not true, but brilliant.

Does Losander have a place in magic history? Certainly, and far, far bigger than mine. He was the one that made this type of levitation popular, but is far from the inventor. Does that mean one has to buy from him?

As for Losander’s Table, I have said nothing against it but two things that anyone who owns one knows. 1) it is very fragile 2) It is very expensive.

As for performing that on stage, While your English seems to be good, I assume you are not a native speaker, and so did not understand that I DON'T try to be a Losander look-alike as you seem to be. My presentation is much different, with no big movements. That video was for two things: to document the design, and show the mechanics of how it works. I spent less than 5 minutes doing it. I get I should have done a better job.

I am sure everyone here has at least seen a video of Losander’s floating table. It is very elegant. I was surprised by the audience reaction, I thought it would be better received. I am not "Destroying" Losander. How Could I? As you said, he performs internationally. You seem to give me a lot more power that I thought I had. People's tastes are changing. Losander's style no longer seems to be as captivating with the public. As much as you may dislike them, today's public likes Chris Angel and David Blain far more. Losander is traveling with 4 other magicians, He is not attracting a show by himself or even trying. I didn’t even know he was one of the magicians. I believe the old style of stage magic is on the way out - which is fine by me. People no longer will allow someone to be successful in magic while obviously hiding the secret behind a cloth. Times change.

I can make magic die? Wow. I am doing a bad job at that. I have literally hundreds of glowing reviews for corporations, individuals, a few minor celebrities, who love my shows . . . yep I am killing magic. LMAO

Why do some magicians worship Losander like a fanatic? Sure, he has a good show, but I can think of many I enjoy much more, yet people are not fanatical about Harry Anderson or Lance Burton in the same way. Sure, he has some nice products, but there are tons of magicians who are much more inventive. What causes this Frenchman (and others) such devotion?

My God, this is just a hobby of mine, why such fuss? Why get so personal and nasty? Something else must be troubling your French head than a $275 table. Help, the sky is falling!
nikola paris
View Profile
New user
Paris
72 Posts

Profile of nikola paris
One more time you don't understand the problem... and THAT'S THE BIGGEST PROBLEM !

I don't want to underline what you said about french people or about me... Such mentality is a pity...

Now, you speak about prototype... You admit that your product is not finished... SO : WHY DO YOU SELL IT ?!!!

Hopefully you build "magic items"... Hopefully you don't build cars... otherwhise some people would die...

The other thing I can't understand is your attacks against Losander... His work is brilliant, his items are high quality. Expensive ? I don't think so.... For such a high quality professionally improve that give me such a wondrful, practical tool, I would be ready to pay twice.... Did Losander said he invented the floating table ? I don't think so ! But he put this illusion to such a high level, that he could say it without any problem.

You say he is doing "old style magic" ? My god !!! Look at the video you gave use to see ! Your clothesd, your attitudes, you gesture, the way you look at us accross the camera, the way you feel the "levitation"... EVERYTHING IS WRONG !!!!!

Please, prove me that I'm wrong with another video... I'll be the first to apologize if it's better... But you know, you don't need to see a lot to understand if someone understood "magic"....

To finish, you speak about me, my website, my knowledge, etc... The problem is not me ! I don't want to sell anything... I just have the RIGHT to react to something you exposed to the magic community and don't have to give any justification for that... But you seem to worry about me... Don't worry, evrything is OK !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Floating Table (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.41 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL