The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Evil chair (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Hello everyone!

I saw a video of a guy sitting on a barstool and suddenly the chair colapsed. He rose and an evil rod pierced the seat. What is this trick called and do anyone know where to buy it or buy the blueprints?

Best,
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
sileeni
View Profile
Loyal user
UK.
260 Posts

Profile of sileeni
Hi,
I beleive its called Bottoms Up Barstool. Cant remember who sells it but Im sure a google search would find it Buddy.

Best Wishes,

Sileeni....................................................
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Thank you very much!
Blackghost83
View Profile
New user
Selden, NY
36 Posts

Profile of Blackghost83
The bottoms up Barstool is indeed a great effect, I have seen someone perform it a whle back.
A truly cool effect.
When asked, "Would anybody play cards with you today?" Ricky Jay simply responded, "Sure."
"Silly People."
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3729 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Old gag made by a few manufacturers. I still remember seeing it the first time live with John Ferrentino. Hilarious.

Steve
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
They are on ebay every once in a while. I have seen them for under $150.
-Matt
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
Stoner's magic shop used to carry them. I saw Howard Bamman do it around 1975 and tore up the Houdini Club audience. I made one for myself out of a drummers throne fairly easily back in the 80's when nobody had them on the market.I don't know who owns the rights to it now.
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
Doruk Ülgen
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Doruk Ülgen
Hanklee has a version called king chair which is around $350... and the expensive version(bottoms up barstool) was somewhere around $1500,I remember hocus pocus selling them but I'm not sure where they are avabile now....
Comet
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Comet
Bottoms up is a great product from what I'm told. I just can't justify that much money for a gag that's hard to tote around with you. It's an old gag that's been around for a long time. I found plans for one online but when I wrote them to get a set of plans they had stopped selling the plans. I'm looking for a couple of drummers stools myself to get one made. the ones they had on ebay for a while didn't drop. I talked with someone who bought one and it was just the rod up through the seat. makes no sense unless the stool drops a little bit first.
any ideas for building one would be great
ENJOY!!
Joe
Bernie Balloons
View Profile
Elite user
N.Y.C.
480 Posts

Profile of Bernie Balloons
I found it on this guys web page
http://www.dickstoner.com/Products.htm
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
722 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
I remember seeing John Ferentino doing this at a college showcase and killing with it. The college kids were on the the floor..what a great reaction and also a great lesson in showmanship.

Charlie
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
I bought it shortly after this thread started. (The one from Hank Lee) The chair works like a charm and I get great reactions. Love it!

Thanks for the links everyone!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Evil chair (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL