The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Oh my, I Must share! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
Well, I just got in from one of the most entertaining and magical nights of my life.

I was invited to attend a magical seance this evening; and I must say, I will be forever affected by it.

So many things happened that I can't cover it all, but I will tell you about the thing that stands out the most to me; and just flat out floored me.

First; let me say that this was not a professional setting, it was just a group of friends who frequently get together for spirit theatre.

Anyhow, during the presentation our host placed a piece of paper in the center of the table; with four stones covering all four corners of the paper. He then began to summon and make contact with the beyond. He began to ask for some sort of sign of their presence, and what I saw next sent shivers down my spine like nothing ever has before.

That piece of paper shifted counter clockwise just a bit, and then it happened. something was written on the paper. The word "Here" was written letter by letter. No pen in sight! The host asked for the name of our visitor... the name "Alicia" appeared on the paper. GULP! This was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. The story went on, but too much to post at the moment. I have never seen an effect of this magnitude before. After it was all over, I picked up that paper and it was normal. The table was also quite normal. I don't know how he did it, and I'm not sure I want to know. But, I will always remember this night. Very magical... and very spooky!!
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
cogliostro
View Profile
New user
Tampa
99 Posts

Profile of cogliostro
First, I'm jealous. Where do you meet a group of friends who just up and have a magical seance?

Next, that effect sounds impressive and it gets the creative juices flowing. Hmm...
Sir T
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Sir T
I believe the Traveler sales the basic effect, called messages. I have it and it is a nice effect. Give it some thought Coglostro, you will figure it out, if you do not already have it on your book shelf.

Kevin Smile
jmendel
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of jmendel
Hi Kevin (Sir T). Is the Traveler a website? I've done a google search and a search for the keywords "Traveler" and "Messages" and did not have any success.
Any additional specifics about where we can find this effect would be great. Thanks, Jeffrey
Sir T
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Sir T
I have gotten a lot of pm's about my post. Before I list the requested information I want to point something out. Messages, is not as describe in this thread. I myself believe it is the effect used, but was changed by the person performing it. In fact, I played around with it and came up with a method that will work. I like this effect, it can be very powerful, but then it can be pure corn, if handled wrong. Use your best judement.

The effect is by T. Everett Bookings, it sells for 25.00.

http://www.jewelpro.com/boo/

I like the effect and a few others he sells, but it depends on you and your style.

Kevin Smile
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
Sir T,

I have been holding off on replying here until I could verify the information. This effect was NOT Messages, nor was it any other marketed effect. This was created by the guy who performed it, and is in the works to be marketed.

I was shown how it works, and let me tell you, INCREDIBLE!! I think this concept will open many doors to us all.
Sir T
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Sir T
sbays,

Thank you for taking the time to verfiy the manner in which the effect was done. I am interested in how his effect works? I was able to reproduce the effect using messages as the basic concept and adding to it. Does he have plans on marketing this new concept?

Kevin Smile
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
Yes, he is in the process of getting it ready for marketing as we speak. I would have never figured this out on my own. I thought I had actually, but was way off.

The great thing about this concept is it's versatility. It will blow people away. Ill see if I can get him to come post here. He is estimating the release of this effect in mid July.

Oh, there will also be an online video demo soon. I will let you know when it is up.
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
Wow! It sounds incredible!!!
Please let me know as well!!!
This is the effect the whole world has been waiting for!!!

Michael Lam
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
cogliostro
View Profile
New user
Tampa
99 Posts

Profile of cogliostro
Sir T and/or sbays

Okay, which everyone of you has information on both effects: "Messages" and "New effect". Is the difference between them simply choice of chemicals or will one allow a greater control over when the message appears.

When I don't ask these questions, generally, I end up throwing $30 out the window.

- Rob
Sir T
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Sir T
Rob,

I do not know how this NEW effect works, I was able to reproduce it, as already noted in this thread. If you know enough to ask your question, then you can reproduce the effect. It may not be the exact effect, Sbay is talking about, but it is workable,

Anyhow, during the presentation our host placed a piece of paper in the center of the table; with four stones covering all four corners of the paper. He then began to summon and make contact with the beyond. He began to ask for some sort of sign of their presence, and what I saw next sent shivers down my spine like nothing ever has before.

That piece of paper shifted counter clockwise just a bit..........

P+C+heat=effect

Hope that is clear, as that is how I do it.

Kevin Smile
WVMAGIC
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of WVMAGIC
Wow, it sounds like a great effect. I hope that when it is available commercially, it appears in this post where to buy it. I love how magic is always growing.
zeroG
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of zeroG
There is a super easy way to write on the paper invisibly, the tough part is heating it and having it show up. If anyone knows of a way to heat the paper, PM me and I'll let you know what "chemical" I use.
cogliostro
View Profile
New user
Tampa
99 Posts

Profile of cogliostro
The "H" aspect of making the message appear had me shying away from the concept that apparently EVERYONE else was thinking of. Not to mention that writing doesn't look like it was written with a ball point pen - of course that could be a plus. Still I'm fishing around to see if anyone if using a technique that doesn't involve "H"... or spraying ammonia onto the paper. Somehow I think my audience would notice if I whipped out glass cleaner.

- Rob
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
UPDATE:

Just wanted to let everyone know that this is just about ready to be released. There were a few complications with patents and legal stuff (long story), but just wanted to let everyone know it will not be much longer.
rcad
View Profile
Loyal user
St-Eustache
211 Posts

Profile of rcad
ZeroG

Depending on your setting when you perform, maybe you could use a spotlight lamp (halogen type) to light the piece of paper so that "everybody can see clearly". I don't know if that would work since I do not know the chemicals used for that trick but lighting is a good source of heat and can be easily justified.

Richard
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." Albert Einstein
zeroG
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of zeroG
I think a spotlight might be too garish. I was thinking about a multiple tea light holder, like a butter warmer.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
zeroG,
What if you made a small pillow with one of those heating packets in it? Crush the packet at the right time and place the paper on top. People could examine the pillow first too. After the writing is done you'll find that the "Cosmic" energy has heated the pillow as well as leaving a message. PM me if the chemical is not "Mothers Milk".....
Thanks
Dave Smile Smile Smile Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
mystic1
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of mystic1
Anything new on this?

"That piece of paper shifted counter clockwise just a bit, and then it happened. something was written on the paper. The word "Here" was written letter by letter. No pen in sight! The host asked for the name of our visitor... the name "Alicia" appeared on the paper. GULP! This was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. The story went on, but too much to post at the moment. I have never seen an effect of this magnitude before. After it was all over, I picked up that paper and it was normal."

Then on July 19..."Just wanted to let everyone know that this is just about ready to be released. There were a few complications with patents and legal stuff (long story), but just wanted to let everyone know it will not be much longer."
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Now would be the time Smile Smile Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Oh my, I Must share! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL