The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Right or Wrong (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2365 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
I ran a red light the other night and promptly told the officer I made a mistake and I was sorry. The female officer proceeded to give me a ticket for driving without a seat belt, even though I had my seat belt on, because it is a lower fine and won’t affect my driving record.

Of course, I did not argue and was glad to get away with the lower penalty, but isn’t this wrong? Why have laws if cops can decide at their discretion to overlook them? And who are they to decide? Was it just because I’m cute? Smile
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
The rule of thumb is once they start writing you ARE going to get a ticket. This is because they have their pad audited and have to explain why a ticket wasn't issued after that point. She likely decided to cut you a break but still had to give some type of ticket. Looking at your photo I doubt it was due to cuteness.
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
As for the right or wrong question and who are they to decide...well - They are cops. The only problem I have is when a cop fails to obey the same laws they enforce. How dare they!
.:Michael Kelley
On the Level, By the Square
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2365 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Quote:
On 2008-12-11 19:02, MagicSanta wrote:
Looking at your photo I doubt it was due to cuteness.

Come to think of it, my wife was in the car too. Maybe she thought my wife was cute. Smile
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
If your cops are like ours then that may be right....
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2464 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
She did you a favor ... count your money, and go and sin no more.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Musta been the bunny that won her over!
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Cops are human - if you treat them decently - the majority of them will want to do the same.

I got a ticket for running a red light and the cop told me I was the first person in a week who'd readily admitted to doing the wrong thing and hadn't argued the ticket.

I didn't get a reduced fine but he was almost apologetic about the ticket - even though it was totally my fault.

He never even commented about the disparity between what I looked like and the photo on my licence.

Destiny
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I got a ticket for making an illegal left turn, and it was clearly posted. I told the cop I was lost and confused, the absolute truth, and didn't see the dang sign and he let me go because I was the first person to make an illegal turn there and wave to him while doing so.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Hehehehe NICE!!! Man I wonder what that cop was thinking as you waved to him while making the illegal turn? lol

I figure that most cops are not too bad if you are just honest and show respect. Not all of them, but I have found often that this approach just works better.

The only thing I get upset about is the fact that one cop got frustrated and upset with me because I kept asking him to repeat himself. I tried so hard to tell the guy I am deaf but he thought I was trying to interrupt him. Every time I tried to mention it, he would sop me and get more upset. When I finally told him I was not trying to be rude but was deaf, he just looked at me and said, "oh!".

Then the guy thinks he is doing me a favor by slowing down his speech as if he was on slo-mo instant replay and started talking to me like I was a 5 year old.

(sigh) it is frustrating some days to be deaf in a hearing world. Then most days I just laugh about the entire thing. lol

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
He said that he figured I wasn't fully aware of what I was doing when I waved. He was sitting there because it is a very confusing road that is built for left turns but they made it illegal but didn't change the lanes. I was lost and following directions someone at a store gave me. I was trying to find Marine World/ Six Flags!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Right or Wrong (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL