The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Magic Pitch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Seeker
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
578 Posts

Profile of Seeker
I had someone ask me about what we pitch at FAO Schwartz to customers in the Fantasma magic section. (Seth)

We pitch trick decks of 3 kinds, Svengali, Stripper and a marked deck.

We also sell basic magic kits that come with some classics like cups and balls, magic bubbles and others.

We also sell a lot of the Pen through Bill effect. It's a great visual trick that older adults love to purchase. It doesn't have the kid feel in their minds.

We also sell the magic coloring book and the RING-SCAPE from Fantasma which is ring on string trick that's pretty neat.

We get a lot of people who love to come and watch the magic for a MAGIC SHOW, but end up walking away with product for anyone. I love to pitch the idea of using a marked deck in poker games with college guys. They seem to find that as a great gag.

-Jacob
I've been training these cards since they were small.
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2695 Posts

Profile of sethb
Thanks, Jacob, that info is very interesting.

Of the three gaffed decks, which one would you say sells the most? Just curious. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Seeker
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
578 Posts

Profile of Seeker
Svengali, strippers, then marked decks. In that order. But it just depends which ones you really push. Svengali decks sell themselves.
I've been training these cards since they were small.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Magic Pitch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL