The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Kent Gunn's Cups Routine (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Epiphany
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans
187 Posts

Profile of Epiphany
The last run of Mendoza coppers have the new gaff installed, it's more than just a M***et. The lastest copper cups will work with the routine by Mr. Gunn.

Epiphany
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
831 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
I guess the routine can't be done with the $100 alluminuim Mendoza cups? since they are selling the tweaked cups as a separate product.
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
milesg
View Profile
Regular user
(of experimental medications)
160 Posts

Profile of milesg
I'll have to find out if I'm getting the latest copper cups. If not, I may have to order a second set in addition to the nice ball set Smile
Epiphany
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans
187 Posts

Profile of Epiphany
Quote:
On 2008-12-30 11:45, milesg wrote:
I'll have to find out if I'm getting the latest copper cups. If not, I may have to order a second set in addition to the nice ball set Smile

Miles,
the cups that are on their way to you are from the newest run, they will work.

Epiphany
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Quote:
On 2008-12-29 21:07, yin_howe wrote:
I guess the routine can't be done with the $100 alluminuim Mendoza cups? since they are selling the tweaked cups as a separate product.

I'd like to know this as well. These are the cups I purchased too...
Apprentice
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Apprentice
Quote:
On 2008-12-31 08:33, agent61 wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-12-29 21:07, yin_howe wrote:

I'd like to know this as well. These are the cups I purchased too...

I also ordered the Aluminum Mendoza Combo cups and am wondering if the set that I will be receiving has been tweaked for the Kent Gunn routine?
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Since they sell a set specifically tweaked for that, I'd assume standard Mendozas wouldn't have that feature, but I could be wrong.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
milesg
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of milesg
Epiphany,
That's the best news I've gotten all year (And just before the year is up!).

Everyone Else,
For those of you who are on the fence about buying Kent's booklet. I just wanted to say that I recently purchased it from Kent and have been absolutely satisfied by what it includes. The information and explanations are clear, simple and at some times quite hilarious. As stated before, it is not a beginners routine, but if you were totally bent on creating something new, I think the material provided would give you plenty of new avenues of thought to create something more simple, yet still unconventional.

-Miles
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
I received my Aluminum Mendoza cups today and I'm Smile !!
Thanks Epiphany/RNT2. Finally I have decent cups!
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
831 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
I just checked the RnT2 website. The price of the 'regular' alluminuim Mendoza cups has risen to $125, which puts them at only a $10 difference with the price of the cups 'modified' for Kent Gunn's routine (minus the balls)!
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
If anybody, on here has ordered and received a set of the Fun Shop Cup and Ball sets from RNT2, please let me know. I have a couple of questions for you.

According to the site, they've sold 15 of the 25 they made. Somebody on here must have been an orderee.

Thanks,

KG
Olivier BIENVENU
View Profile
New user
France
61 Posts

Profile of Olivier BIENVENU
I hope to receive my Mendoza copper combo cups soon and test them with your routine.
milesg
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of milesg
Wow! I can't believe it, but I got my Copper cups today! I was ready to wait 6, but it only took 1 month! No doubt they're working hard over there. Thank you everyone at RNTII.

These cups are NICE. So weighty and shiny. I can't wait to start playing with them.

Once I get the Fun Shop balls I ordered, and the extra/different-color balls I requested I'll be able to practice Kent's routine as well as anything else. Good times will be had by all!
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
796 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
I have a set of John Mendoza Combo cups that I received last month, this was before the Kent Gunn Frenzy. Did I get whatever it is everyone is asking for? How would I know for sure?
milesg
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of milesg
I guess you'd know for sure by testing your balls in them for compatibility. Without mentioning any secrets though, I suppose you'd have to contact someone at RNTII to find out how your set fit in to their production timeline.

-Miles
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1078 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Quote:
On 2008-12-30 21:26, Epiphany wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-12-30 11:45, milesg wrote:

Miles,
the cups that are on their way to you are from the newest run, they will work.

Epiphany

Epiphany,

Your message box is full. Can you please check your messages and emails?
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Kent -

The YouTube video of you doing the cups and balls seems to have been removed. Is there somewhere else we can view it?
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Live at the World Magic Seminar in Las Vegas March 1-4.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
That would be nice. On February 28th I'll have to "step out to get some milk," then sneak back on March 5th before the wife misses me...
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
Last I recall after the RNT2 cup issue Kent pulled his routines off of YouTube.
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Kent Gunn's Cups Routine (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL