The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Kent Gunn's Cups Routine (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Herr Muggle,

You are correct sir. I pulled the video from youtube.

To those who've purchased the routine I will make several videos available so they can see what the silly thing looks like. The second edition of the routine will include a professionally shot performance video, on DVD. Unless someone with far better video skills than myself antes up, there will never be an instructional DVD. I simply don't know how to do it. I could do a half-donkeyed job, I won't.

Having a minor sense of loss, about the routine, of late. I didn't want some smart guy reverse-engineering it and releasing it as their own. (Josh the Superfluous, my pal, did figure the entire thing out it in amazingly short time.)

Josh would never do me wrong. Not all smart people make choices the same way.

I apologize to any and all for any anger you may have sensed from me. This little routine has made me many great new friends in magic. Any disagreements I have are with an inordinately small population of people in magic. I hope to resolve even those few cases someday!

I'm available to anyone with a keyboard, via pm on Uncle Steve's board here. I have no enemies, only friends and friends I haven't met yet.

I am very fond of Jake Zimmerman and consider him a friend, to this day.

I would like to thank Pete Biro and Bill Wells for the opportunity to talk about my little trick at the World Magic Seminar. I'm flattered and working very hard on my presentation. I hope to see many of you fine folk there. I do lecture, for a living. I hope to not be too pedantic and to inject some humor. As a matter of fact, if you do show up . . .

I'd wear a seatbelt!

KG
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Happy New Year Kent.
Will see you in Vegas.
Your routine is still the one I prefer. I did watch once more the videos that I had saved from Youtube. The evolution between the two is spectacular. Thus, as far as showmanship is concerned, give it a few years of performance.
I think that we should circulate a signatue list requesting you and your routine to be invited at the next FISM. It's new enough. I'll be amongst the first to sign it.
Don't worry about copies, Paul Gertner would confirm that when a routine is way off the beaten path and requires real work, people rarely copy it durably and every magician who counts knows it has your signature printed on it. Ask your friend Josh: he has interesting new C&Bs moves that, not unlike your routine to you, are exclusive with him.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Yippeeeeeeeeee... both Kent and Lawrence WILL BE AT THE WMS in Las Vegas... NOW IF YOU MISS this one you are going to regret it forever. Go to http://www.theworldmagicseminar.com and sign up today.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
I can't wait to meet Kent and Lawrence. You too Pete! See you gentlemen!
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
We all are looking forward to seeing you BOSS!

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 3:49pm
Methinks we, all the Café Cups freaks, need to get to a Café in Las Vegas and do lunch!
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Me thinks that's a hellava good idea Pete, count me in!
With all the incredible folks that are planning to attend I may have to opt for a micro recorder so as to avoid hand cramps from all the note taking!
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Wow, it's good to hear that Lawrence will be there. One of Laurence's other interests is the Cylinder and Coins, so I hope he'll stick around for my half of the presentation.

`course, you cup guys are invited, too.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
Quote:
On 2009-01-20 15:03, Pete Biro wrote:
Yippeeeeeeeeee... both Kent and Lawrence WILL BE AT THE WMS in Las Vegas... NOW IF YOU MISS this one you are going to regret it forever. Go to http://www.theworldmagicseminar.com and sign up today.

Add to this the fact that Vegas room rates have been slashed and WMS rates are now: $67 for March 1 (down from $124), $38 for the 2nd (down from $67), $32 for the 3rd, and $38 for Mar 4. That's an average of $43.75 a night plus taxes and fees down from an average of $81.25.

These folks and these rates are not likely to be repeated in the future.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
And the food is good!
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
I've received and read through Mr. Gunn's routine several times, now. It's brilliant. The best part is, it uses such different methods than the traditional cups and balls approach, that it will amaze laymen as well as those well-versed in the inner workings of Vernon's C&B routine. This is a significant addition to the literature, and a pretty darn slick trick to boot. Thanks, Kent, for sharing.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
mballen11502
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis, TN
202 Posts

Profile of mballen11502
I'm waiting for the price to come back down!! I did see it when it was still on Youtube and it is an incredible routine...
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Dude, PM me. Price never really went up. I got tired of paying Lulu such a huge cut to send out an email, when I do it for way cheaper.

Etienne, I'll sign that petition if it gets me a free trip to FISM!!!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
You really want to go to China?
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17198 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Wow! Pete, Kent, Lawrence, Rannie, and the whole cups and balls session, plus Kent and Curtis's session! I chose a different time for the Invisible Lodge meeting at WMS just to not miss Kent and Curtis's session! This is going to be one heck of a WMS!
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Can't wait Father! See you all.
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Pete,
I'd go to Beijing in heartbeat. Etienne is a great guy but I know the routine ain't FISM level! That's for guys like Latimer.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
With due respect, I think that I know a few things about the C&Bs as well. The routine is FISM level.

Pete, since you were a member of the FISM jury, what say you?
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
I think it's perfect for FISM. It's an innovative, magician fooler. And Kent has found his voice for the patter. What's not to win?
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Wouldn't that just be oh so cool! Count my vote for the ol' Sea Dawg!

MMc
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
Go for it Kent!
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Kent Gunn's Cups Routine (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL