The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Paper Tear Lines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
I'm working on a paper tear. It's isn't a newspaper tear and it's not a hat or pants tear.

It would just be me presenting it without a helper. Other than the old line of tearing it up, not down, does anyone have any lines for something like this?

I already have a patter story and 1-2 lines. I'm just trying to embellish what I already have.

Thanks so much.

Gerry
DavidLynn
View Profile
New user
Rural Victoria, Aus-(Oz)-tralia
43 Posts

Profile of DavidLynn
I think this is what you are looking for:

"Do you ever find interesting articles in the paper and as you tear them out.."
Rip....
"you then find that the rest of the article in on next page, so you then have to ...."
Rip....
"go and tear that part out too. Or you are looking for the for sale classified/garage sale listing and of course that's a bit smaller.."
Rip.... rip... rip...
"and off you go on your merry way with a host of loose papers that you end up loosing in the wind."
Fumble fumble fumble..... and pick up big fat whiteboard marker pen.(prefer Red)
Act out circling articles/classifieds on loose pieces of paper.
"When really all we should do is simply circle the relevant items and take the whole paper with you. Open up restored newspaper with large marker pen circle around 'relevant articles/classifieds' (obviously preprepared)

ie rip up paper, mark circles on torn pieces and voila restored paper has "same" circling through out it.

I add the marker pen to add, like, a second trick or viewpoint to the overall performance. I love 2,3 5 tricks in one performances. It just simply screws peoples minds. While they are thinking about one viewpoint the other ones over power their thinking faculty and they just sit in awe and admiration of you.

Hope this helps and hope it answers your question. If not then just beat me over the head with a soft cloth rabbit

Dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Paper Tear Lines (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL