The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » what is yours? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2394 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
For many years I purposely stayed away from sponge balls because "everyone does them" and I'm better than that, right? Well a couple of years ago after seeing the new (at the time) 3D sponge bunnies, I thought I'd give it a try. That trick is amazing for kids and easily my best close up trick for kids. They call them classics for a reason--because they work!
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
jackturk
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of jackturk
Sponge Balls have always been a winner. Anytime you can make the magic happen
in someone's hands, it has great power.

Here's another fun walkaround bit... use the fortune telling fish as an opener. It's a great ice-breaker... I just walk up to the group and say, "I have a free gift for everyone here!" Hand out the fish, do a little number like, "hold out your palm,
let it connect with the universe..." and then watch the fish dance.

It's dorky and not really magic but it's very, very fun and everyone loves it.

--Jack
"59 Ways To Recession Proof Your Entertainment Business -- FREE!"
http://www.GetLeadsLikeCrazy.com

"How To Make $25,000 a Year Doing Birthday Parties Part-Time"
http://www.magicmarketingcenter.com/birthdayPT
Jay Buchanan
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
512 Posts

Profile of Jay Buchanan
Mark Byrne's Twinkle Twinkle is an incredible strolling routine for kids and families. A fun filled 5 minutes, lots of magic and instant reset.

I recently worked a strolling gig for kids and families, a rotary function with 24 tables of 10 each. I performed a couple different sets including Scotty York's Candy Kiss Machine, a rising card, Kennedy Mystery Box (letting the kids draw pictures on their card, they loved it!) and Twinkle Twinkle, among a few others.
The Candy Kiss Machine went over HUGE but Twinkle Twinkle started to be requested by tables that saw me doing "the magic stars" from as far away as across the auditorium!

I highly recommend Twinkle Twinkle!
Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt. ~ Shakespeare
Bradley Roberts
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas
413 Posts

Profile of Bradley Roberts
I do a lot with coins and make it funny. The kids love it. I have just started doing the same moves with wooden nickels and letting the kids keep it after I am done. BTW the wooden nickels have my information and picture on them. They keep those things longer then a business card Smile

~B-Rad
B-Rad "The Kids Magician"
Brad Kids Magic Website
"A child's smile is one of life's greatest blessings."
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Sponge Bunnies and Hot Rod,
Thanks,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
I combine silent coin routines with either music(harmonica, mosquito whistle and washboard tie.)

My walk around and my set shows are very puppet heavy...(he's not heavy, he's my.......actually my John, my size 7 vent figure is pretty heavy and even though he has lots of bells and whistles, John doesn't get out for walk arounds...)
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
ERIC
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1188 Posts

Profile of ERIC
Sponge bunny's IN MOM'S HAND. (Had ears torn off my large end load too many times) And GOT to use a squeaker
superpixel
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
133 Posts

Profile of superpixel
Hey guys, this has been super helpful for me, as I'm about to start working at a sort of neighborhood gastropub which has a "family time" couple of hours on the weekends. Lots of what I guess you could call "hipster" parents will be bringing their kids, and it's been a struggle to figure out what I can do that I don't need to lug around a case for (there's really nowhere I can store my bag, etc. and reset will have to be done hiding behind the bar).

I'm actually going to do a couple of Tenyo tricks (we have red pandas at our local zoo, aka firefoxes, and I got the Tenyo version of this guy who is like Rocky Raccoon), along with Angry Sponges, but I am a little concerned with damage to the props Smile

Anyway, seems like Twinkle Twinkle is going into the act... plus I love the idea about wooden nickels! Thank you all
-- superpixels / victor / banana wizard --
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
D'Lites & spongebunnies
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
Sponge bunnies.
Life of Magic!
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Sponge balls, hot rod, vanishing silk, chop cup.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Kids or adults, Ball sleights with two different colours and a silk. Works in any environment and you can do up to 6 minutes without repeating.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » what is yours? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL