The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Max Andrews' Magic Magazine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dan Magyari
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco, CA
173 Posts

Profile of Dan Magyari
Is anyone familiar with the above-referenced journal, published in the UK in the early 1950's? It is going to be reprinted on CD soon. What are your thoughts on the contributions to this publication?
Everything you do -- everything -- has your signature on it. Regardless of whether you intend it that way or not. And that's how people perceive you.-George Ledo
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4395 Posts

Profile of Paul
It is already on CD rom.
I had some of the old magazines years back, I remember some items from Eddie Joseph in there. Pentagram which came out first on CD is probably better, but at the price you cannot go far wrong, there was a mixture of tricks in it, something for all.

For close uppers, the latest CD release everyone should be rushing to buy is the Pabular CD, this was perhaps the best British close up magazine. Contributors included Peter Kane, Roy Walton, Tommy Wonder, Fred Kaps, Eric Mason, Walt Lees, Fred Robinson, Basil Horwitz, Barrie Richardson, Phil Goldstein, Paul Hallas, Stephen Tucker, Jack Avis, David Berglas, Ed Marlo, Jerry Sadowitz, Peter Duffie, Tony Sheils, Pat Page And a myriad of others.

The CD contains over 7 volumes of the magazine, which started in the early seventies. I will certainly be stocking it in England, expect my stock arriving any day now.

Paul Hallas.
mikeB
View Profile
New user
UK
84 Posts

Profile of mikeB
I've a few acquired copies of Pabular and that has inspired me to acquire the digital version. Is it worth getting Pentagram as well?

Cheers

Mike Smile
Cheers

Mike
Your Reality Is A Figment Of My Imagination
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4395 Posts

Profile of Paul
Yes, Pentagram is well worth having and £10 cheaper than Pabular which will be £31.

Paul.
Dan Magyari
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco, CA
173 Posts

Profile of Dan Magyari
Thank you Paul, that's exactly the kind of helpful response I was hoping for. They will all go on my wish list, but I think I will start with Pabular.

Best!
Dan Magyari
Everything you do -- everything -- has your signature on it. Regardless of whether you intend it that way or not. And that's how people perceive you.-George Ledo
mikeB
View Profile
New user
UK
84 Posts

Profile of mikeB
Thanks Paul,

Pentagram is now on the list Smile

Cheers

Mike
Cheers

Mike
Your Reality Is A Figment Of My Imagination
danny
View Profile
Loyal user
England
259 Posts

Profile of danny
Just a quick note to say that Sadowitz doesn't appear in the Digital Pabular because of legal reasons.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Max Andrews' Magic Magazine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL