The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Secret Soldier by Wayne Fox (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dougsta100
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of dougsta100
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone is able to provide a review on the Secret Soldier, I have watched the video demonstration and it does look pretty good.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1515 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Ordered from http://www.magicshop.co.uk this morning
if its with me fri, I'll try and get back with a quick first impressions for ya
dougsta100
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of dougsta100
Ok Matt, tks for that
Wayne Fox
View Profile
V.I.P.
26 Posts

Profile of Wayne Fox
Hi Matt & Dougsta

Secret Soldier has taken a while to get produced, due to the mouldings taking a bit longer than I thought to be made. All is good now and http://www.Magicshop.co.uk have them as with world wide.

Perhaps some one may like to review it from here.

Let me know what you think of it, 'Soldier' has been something I have performed for over five years now so I will be happy to help with further questions.

Cheers

Wayne
dougsta100
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of dougsta100
Hi Wayne,

I would just like to say that I am really enjoying performing Secret Soldier, I received it just before Christmas and each time I have performed it, I have had some great reactions. Some of my friends are a bit sceptical when it comes to card tricks however even they have been quite amazed at this one. Do you have any plans to make other mouldings and how easy would it be to replace an original one if they were lost or broken, cheers Dougie
Wayne Fox
View Profile
V.I.P.
26 Posts

Profile of Wayne Fox
Hi Dougie,

I'm pleased you like Secret Soldier, its been very popular. I have given some thought about lost soldiers and I just may provide replacements for a seperate charge. As you can see they would be hard to break, as the pewter actually bends before it would snap, I really don't think you have anything to worry about, you would need to really ill treat them to break them, they are tough really.

If sales continue the way they are then, yes, there is a good chance of extra soldiers, maybe people who already have the original soldier could possibly add them to the 'set'. Lets see how sales go through the next few months. I may even have a word on one of the soldiers to link in with one of my other effects 'Thought Process' I'm in talks with the company who do the mouldings for me.

Can I ask, when performing are you 'doing the deed' then letting them place the soldier on the deck or are you 'doing the deed' after they have placed it?

Best

Wayne
dougsta100
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of dougsta100
Hi Wayne,
apologies for not answering your question earlier but I have been away, I am currently "doing the deed" after they have place it. It does work well this way but maybe as confidence grows I will try it the other way.

cheers

Dougie
Wayne Fox
View Profile
V.I.P.
26 Posts

Profile of Wayne Fox
Quote:
On 2009-02-05 09:26, dougsta100 wrote:
Hi Wayne,
apologies for not answering your question earlier but I have been away, I am currently "doing the deed" after they have place it. It does work well this way but maybe as confidence grows I will try it the other way.

cheers

Dougie

Hi Dougie

Glad its working my friend, when you get the confidence you wont go back to the other way of performing it, take my word, you kind of have to 'Just do it'. Just remember to build the heat up on the card they chose, getting them to freely shuffle the cards then as they are placed on the table 'do the deed' spread the deck and hand them the figure.

Further on to that, you will be surprised just what you can get away with as you leave the gimmicked soldier on the table as they take a card, put it back and then you ask them to take the soldier OFF THE TABLE to place on a card. This is something that I have been trying for about two months now. The whole effect now happens in my spectators hands. I'm going to get a short demo recorded, for Magi only, and put it on my site after the Blackpool Convention.

I'll post you when its done.

Thanks for your support,

Wayne
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
I picked up Secret Soldier at Blackpool, and it is a GREAT effect. The soldiers look awesome and the DVD covers the trick and some variations in ample detail.

A great way to learn a fresh piece of magic from a worker.
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
745 Posts

Profile of equivoque
There are some nice forces are the demo are those taught?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Secret Soldier by Wayne Fox (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL