The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » New John Bannon DVD Due in 2009 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
ozman
View Profile
Loyal user
Tenbury Wells, UK
272 Posts

Profile of ozman
Hi all,

there is a new trailer for John Bannon's BULLETS AFTER DARK up at:
http://www.bigblindmedia.com/bulletsafterdarkPREORDER.htm

it tells you more about what is featured on the 2 dvd set, and shows some of the incredible feedback we have had from people who have seen advance copies.

RAWK ON!
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
I was fortunate to attend the filming of the DVD's and spent several days being fooled by John's elegantly constructed card magic - it was truly a wonderful experience.

Soon as it was possible to do so, I pre-ordered the DVD's from Big Blind Media. Shortly after, via email, I was given access to a online video of a routine that doesn't appear on the DVD's and a e-book containing even more unpublished Bannon material.

Here are my thoughts of those freebies:

"Chain Gang" is a video featuring a performance & explanation of Bannon's Collectors routine.

The word "direct" is not one I'd usually use when describing a Collectors routine - most are extremely cluttered and over-handled - but as in John's "Bullet Train" (from Dear Mr Fantasy) the ending here occurs way before its expected. The second phase is also rather sudden and the immediate repeat works extremely well. I've never used a Collectors routine in my professional work, though this routine has changed my mind.

"Open and Notorious" is a 36 page e-book featuring three devious routines. "Fifty One Fat Chances" & "Que Será Será" both deal with the 51 Faces North/Open Prediction plot. The former is hands-off and completely self-working and will make you smile whenever you perform it - it's simple and sneaky! The latter uses a classic Bannon technique in a rather interesting way. John also shares his thoughts on what makes the trick effective from a presentational standpoint.

Finally, "View To A 'Skill" is John's approach to Stewart James' "Miraskill" effect. Not only is Bannon's version completely self-working, it also appears to be extremely fair - the spectator chooses their colour AFTER the predictions are made and it you can use a borrowed, shuffled deck.

To be quite honest I would have been perfectly happy paying the £25 ($35) for just the free gifts - but of course I get two DVD's full of fantastic card magic as well!!! Amazing value and I honestly can't imagine anybody not enjoying this material.

The free gifts are only available if you pre-order the DVD's directly from Big Blind Media and are unavailable elsewhere.

Very highly recommended!

Iain.
KingOfDiamonds
View Profile
Elite user
Paris
428 Posts

Profile of KingOfDiamonds
Or directly from John Bannon. ;-)
NEW E-BOOK! Sneak: 12 card tricks based on the same principle.

https://www.lybrary.com/rapha%c3%83%c2%abl-czaja-m-534.html?affid=3322
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Quote:
On 2009-10-21 07:47, KingOfDiamonds wrote:
Or directly from John Bannon. ;-)

Ooops! You are quite right. You also get the freebies if your order from John as well - but not other dealers.

Thanks for the correction.

Iain.
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
Not long now!

I am almost childishly excited about seeing this DVD set!

Liam.
big dan
View Profile
Regular user
UK/Canada/New Zealand
178 Posts

Profile of big dan
I can't wait either! I dusted off my old copy of Dear Mr Fantasy to have a flick through it again and it is still hands down my favourite magic book ever!

Hey Liam, I can't believe you're so excited about the DVDs, you were there you lucky so and so!! Smile
Some people work to ski....i ski to work!
davidpeters
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of davidpeters
We will have the exclusive distribution for this DVD set. That means you will be able to get it from your favorite dealer worldwide!
Darius666
View Profile
Veteran user
London
368 Posts

Profile of Darius666
This will be the best magic DVD ever. Anyone who doesn't buy it should be slapped about until they bleed!
Shodan
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man
663 Posts

Profile of Shodan
Just finished watching the DVDs.

All I'll say is, everything I could have hoped for from a Bannon release and much, much more. Four routines which will go straight into my repertoire; I don't think that's EVER been the case with anything I've bought in recent years.

Kudos to BBM as well for a really professional, well produced DVD set as well - its obviously been very carefully thought about every step of the way.

Cheers,
David.
"You don't go up to strangers with a stick and come at their head...introduce yourself first, then come at them with a stick." - David Williamson
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I've had the set for a little while now but was keeping quiet about it as I didn't want to spoil anything for anyone. Since the cat's out of the bag, as it were, I will tell you that this is the best dvd set I have seen in a while. Fantastic thinking, fantastic tricks.

All of the effects are excellent, but some of my favorites are:

Watching the Detectives

New Jax/Full Circle

Bullet Train (Assemblies)

Bannon Triumph (aka Play It Straight Triumph. Natch)

if you are a stroller or table hopper, there are some things in here you for you as well. I will say, though, that even if you don't use any of the effects, they will certainly inspire your creativity. Also, the interviews are fascinating. John has very specific views on magic. And even if you don't always agree with him, his opinions will certainly make you think.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of learachel
Just received today!! for a good week end !!!
mimo67
View Profile
Veteran user
France
322 Posts

Profile of mimo67
I received those this morning and watched everything this afternoon ! I LOVE those DVDS, the tricks, John is great, the shooting amazing, the girl gorgeous, the guys funny, the MAGIC WONDERFULL !
~~~~~~~~~~~~~MiMo~~~~~~~~~~~~~
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
939 Posts

Profile of andykean
Mine should arrive in New Zealand soon then!!
Can't wait!!
hbenod
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of hbenod
Absolutely Brilliant! The best DVDs of the Year! Just like the book, excellent. A must for any card lover. Congratulations John this should be another Home Run. The best companion to "Dear Mr. Fantasy".
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
939 Posts

Profile of andykean
Mine just arrived in New Zealand I have only seen part of first disc.
Fantastic !!
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Buy directly from John Bannon!

http://www.johnbannonmagic.com/bulletsafterdark.html (Paypal)
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Just received my set this afternoon, along with an autographed copy of "Six. Impossible. Things." I'm truly looking forward to locking myself away and watching these from beginning to end.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Received mine yesterday. Brilliant, one of the best card magic DVD in 2009.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
jcroop
View Profile
Special user
771 Posts

Profile of jcroop
I received mine. Haven't had time to view the DVD yet, but I started reading the notes. Classic Bannon. It's amazing how he gets so much out of so little. True economy in movement for such visual and intellectual amazement!
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
This DVD is AWESOM! Some of the best thinking of card magic all bundled up onto one shiney disk of pure card sex! It's seriously brilliant stuff and Id be seriosuly Amazed at anyone who DIDN'T use one of these effect in there set after watching the DVD.Bannon. You look like Santa, Your Magic like Santa and you kick started my christmas!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » New John Bannon DVD Due in 2009 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL