The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Marlo... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Apparently the rumors that Randy Wakeman was publishing some rare Marlo material are true.

It’s a four volume set, due out in a couple weeks. Spiral bound to lay flat. $140.00 plus $7.00 p/h: available only from Randy.

Sounds good to me! Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
I'm not thrilled that I would have to buy all four volumes when I am only interested in two of them.

Tom
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
A volume at a time would be nice money wise,

but I think because it's a limited run, Randy is just selling them as a complete set.

Smile
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
I'd guess it's a monetary thing Smile

Tom
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
There's no "right or wrong" way to present this material, which is out as of this writing.

They could have been bound as one huge book, but we felt that would make study difficult. To take bits and pieces of many separate works would destroy the historical timeline, adding confusion as to what / where / when.

We wanted to make Eddie's work available to interested parties, which it hasn't been- as seen by the nosebleed prices rare items on Ebay, when they sporadically show up. Any one tattered original copy has been sold for more than the entire set of four books.

Also, we are heartened that it really IS out- some folks have waited for over 12 years for M.I.N.T. volume three, for example, and they are likely to wait a lot longer.

It is the material that holds the great value in my eyes, material that many never knew even existed. From an investment standpoint, when these 100 numbered sets are gone, the price will no doubt instantly jump. People seem to always want what they cannot have- it has always been that way.

"Revolutionary Card Technique" is a series that hangs in magical limbo . . . while a hardbound version has been promised for years, still nothing is out. Worse yet, even some of the original booklets ("Seconds, Centers, Bottoms")are no longer available.

There may be a better way to keep Eddie's work alive, I'm certainly open to suggestions! In the meantime, I'll just do the best that I can.
Tom Wolf
View Profile
Special user
Harrison, Ohio
580 Posts

Profile of Tom Wolf
May I add that I made my living doing close-up magic for many years at a supper club in Mexico City.

I had the qood fortune to have purchased these fine books from Eddie himself.

They are well worth the price, in fact, you could make a living with just the contents within.

That is, if you love magic and love to study.

Eddie was a very generous man and a great teacher.

My best to you all.

Tom

Doing magic, not tricks
The magic director and performer at the Rincon Gaucho supper club in Mexico City,

We opened the first and only close-up room for magic in Mexico with Wolf Ruvinskis.
have several new coin vanishes and routines to share shortly just as soon as I can find someone to film them for me.

Now living in Harrison, Ohio
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Thanks for contributing Tom, and welcome to our magic community! Smile
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
OK, I finally was swayed by its historical importance to get the set. Another factor was Dorian who quite frankly said when stuff gets "tipped by others" (as some of this Marlo material has) it is not always in it’s orignal form and often is diluted from the original intent. Pretty powerful words.

Just got it days ago.

Will let you know as I get to peruse it. Smile Smile

Tom Cutts

PS I almost forgot, it also comes highly recommended from Wesley James.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Marlo... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL