The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Mahka Tendo Appearing Cane (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1769 Posts

Profile of Anatole
To follow up on Richard's comments about John Moehring--John has written other outstanding books as well, not the least of which is _Del Ray: America's Foremost_. John's latest book is: _The Magical Life of Marshall Brodien_.

It is rare that a magician who is a great performer/innovator is also a great writer.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5694 Posts

Profile of Regan
I love my Tendo Appearing Cane. It's the best appearing cane I have ever owned.
Mister Mystery
SteveFromSpokane
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of SteveFromSpokane
I assume like other appearing poles it is advisable to storing the cane in the extended form?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21780 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On May 1, 2019, SteveFromSpokane wrote:
I assume like other appearing poles it is advisable to storing the cane in the extended form?

Not really, it is the way the metal is cut, that keeps it working, what you should do is wind it tight before putting it a plastic seal-able bag, with all the air pushed out.

Banging it to hare to prove it is solid, is what damages the cane. A little tap is all that is necessary.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
SteveFromSpokane
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of SteveFromSpokane
Quote:
On May 1, 2019, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Quote:
On May 1, 2019, SteveFromSpokane wrote:

Not really, it is the way the metal is cut, that keeps it working, what you should do is wind it tight before putting it a plastic seal-able bag, with all the air pushed out.

Banging it to hare to prove it is solid, is what damages the cane. A little tap is all that is necessary.

Thanks Bill. I just got a Mahka Tendo Cane and although it makes suggestion of applying car wax to the metal there is no mention of proper way to store it.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21780 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Oh, I forgot, after winding tight, put a rubber-band or twist tie around it to hold it closed. Better yet a zip tie would be better, not chance of marking it up. Wal-Mart has a package of small zip ties for a couple dollars. Yes, I suggest you cut it off when you are going to use it, and replace with a new one each time.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Mahka Tendo Appearing Cane (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL