We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » MAGIC - The Magazine For Magicians » » Magic vs Genii (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1952 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
If your goal is to do card tricks for other amateur magicians, go Genii.
If you want to perform for real people go Magic.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Magic Spank
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
320 Posts

Profile of Magic Spank
The very old Genii magazines were pretty good.

I'm a MAGIC fan.

Rob
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I've been a subscriber to Genii for years. My subscription has ran out, and I decided to switch to MAGIC.
Bernie Balloons
View Profile
Elite user
N.Y.C.
480 Posts

Profile of Bernie Balloons
I am a fan of Magic over Genii but the nicest read for me is Kidabra
cameroncando
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of cameroncando
I get them all and I would take a MAGIC sub over all the other put together if I had to choose just one.

Cam
feifei
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
179 Posts

Profile of feifei
I also prefer Magic to Genii. I like the design of Magic and also the way things are presented. Occasionally I would get a copy of Genii and if I had extra cash to spend, I would subscribe to both.
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
515 Posts

Profile of Bendy
Personally, I prefer MAGIC to Genii. I have a subscription to MAGIC and usually end up picking up three or four issues of Genii a year. I enjoy Genii; but not enough to have to have every issue. I usually end up getting Genii when there's an article of particular interest to me within its covers.
MagicJim
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of MagicJim
I am a subscriber of both magazines. I will end my subscription with Geni. The presentation of material in MAGIC is better. It offers great variety, insights, and have made real changes to stay current with the times.I like the writers and editors. All Magic contrubutors add to one great team and a great read!
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Have you considered the digital magazine Reel Magic? Just another thought/suggestion to throw your way for consideration.
For printed, I get both but if to pick one, Magic Magazine.
And this forum!
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
837 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
I'd go with GENII Magazine. Under Richard Kaufman's guidance it is (in my opinion) the greatest magazine in the history of magic...

Joe
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Genii Magazine has a long history in the magic world. It would be a shame not to support it. Richard Kaufman has done a beautiful job with it. We're all lucky he decided to buy it from the Larsen family.

MAGIC Magazine is a beautiful publication. It's grown from being a newsletter quite a few years ago and Stan is to be congratulated.

They're both fine publications. It would be hard to choose just one but maybe try Genii one year and MAGIC the next and see for yourself or buy a few issues of both from a Magic SHop. I know H & R Magic Books sells individual copies of both magazines.

-=tab
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1153 Posts

Profile of Corbett
I'm now almost a year into receiving both, which was a great decision. I will continue receiving both. I've easily made my subscription money back, just in the products I've not purchased based solely on the reviews in both mags. My hat is off to both Mr. Kaufman and Mr. Allen.
smartboysports
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of smartboysports
I absolutely agree with Corbett. If you can afford both, get them.
I enjoy each and it'd be hard to choose which is better.
smartboysports
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of smartboysports
And speaking of that... I haven't received either one for this month?
I always look forwarding to getting them... much more than bills Smile
arizona
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of arizona
Genii for me. The layout and the material for Magic seems chesy to me, like its geared to people who don't know much like beginners. Genii will deliver a great issue often like every other issue or two. Genii you feel like your part of a brotherhood of Genni readers. I also found that Genii more times than not will have better tricks in its magicana and guest columnist or regular columnist contributing good tricks. Few things top the feeling of reciving your Genii, with its awesome front page photography, in the mail each month and skimming through the pages seeing whats in the newly delivered issue.
JCheng
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of JCheng
I bought booth Magic and Genii today Smile
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I love them both, and I like articles about illusions the most.

Recently with a Genii Subscription, you can search all back issues on a particular topic that interests you.

I went way back and got all of the Osborne illusions plans and some other topics that interested me.
Dennis Michael
jnrussell
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
206 Posts

Profile of jnrussell
MAGIC is available for monthly auto purchase for $5 per issue. They ding your cc when they ship the new issue.
John Russell
Mastering Magician
www.TheMasterMagician.net
John Cox
View Profile
Elite user
Studio City, CA
494 Posts

Profile of John Cox
That's like getting a time machine and trying to decide whether to see Houdini or Thurston.

The answer is BOTH. Smile
Please visit my blog

WILD ABOUT HARRY
ablanathanalba
View Profile
Loyal user
Can't really boast with only
264 Posts

Profile of ablanathanalba
When you search back issues with a Genii subscription, can you save issues on PDF to your computer?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » MAGIC - The Magazine For Magicians » » Magic vs Genii (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL