The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Mac King's act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Salazar Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
344 Posts

Profile of Salazar Magic
So, did you start doing the routine AFTER you've seen Mac do it?
Christopher
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Christopher
No. I learned it from a mentor about 15 years ago.
Ricahato
View Profile
Regular user
denver
113 Posts

Profile of Ricahato
I was able to see it july 10, is a great inspiration for us going pro in the way that he uses simple tricks and he has a full length show in vegas, That gave me a lot of courage to continue to pursue my dream. Smile
Conlaw
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Conlaw
I had the chance to catch his act in Vegas. I laughed sooo hard at his "Cloack of Invisibility" effect. The card effect itself was so simple but his presentation was terrific. Possible the best show I have seen to date!

Conlaw Smile
Cashetta
View Profile
Regular user
Rehoboth Beach, DE
128 Posts

Profile of Cashetta
Mac King's show is genius. Everytime I go to Vegas, I try and catch it because it totally inspires me. What's great to is that he can recover from any situtation really well. I saw a show when spectator signed the back of card as opposed to the face. He never missed a beat.
RayBanks
View Profile
Special user
Nassau Bay, TX
533 Posts

Profile of RayBanks
Quote:
On 2004-01-07 02:11, Cashetta wrote:
... I saw a show when spectator signed the back of card as opposed to the face. He never missed a beat.

Mac King IS great.

I'm not sure whether the first time the spec siogned the card on the back was intentional but it certainly is part of his act now. It's good stuff.
-------------
Pick a card, any card...No. not THAT one...THIS one

Ray Banks
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
When Mac King was appearing at a comedy club in Fort Wayne, IN he produced the borrowed bill from a telephone receiver.

Bill Smile
busterjuggler
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia travelling worldwide now
352 Posts

Profile of busterjuggler
Does MacKing have a video for sale of his act?

James
James BuSTAR
Australia's Comedy Juggling Superstar
info@jamesbustar.com
http://www.jugglingsuperstar.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Mac's act is second to none. He is a lesson in routining and the art of the callback. Truley amazing to say the least
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Justin McWilliams
View Profile
1983 - 2005
New Jersey
157 Posts

Profile of Justin McWilliams
Wow, I just realized, Mac is like one of the first non masked magicians showing how all the neat tricks are done. More importantly, I think he's the only magician on tv to teach/expose many tricks and never got mouth from magicians on it. We all love him! Mac Really IS the Mac Daddy of magic!
Hey I'm a magician, i've never told a lie.....oops:o/
Euangelion
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of Euangelion
Mac's act is the best. Nuf' said. He is, also, one of the real gentlemen and real people in magic.
Bill Esborn

"Lutefisk: the piece of cod that passes all understanding."
Jonton
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
336 Posts

Profile of Jonton
I wasn't so impressed with his cloak of invisibility routine. The effect was too small for him to draw out the length of the trick. In addition to his fish routine, I LOVED his shadow tent routine. That poor kid, he tripped and fell off the stage when I saw his act. The twist tie routine was great too. I really wish there was a video of his that I could purchase. If anyone comes by one, please send the information my way!
~Jonton
I Came, I Saw, I Conjured
www.jontaylornyc.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2003-04-29 15:48, RayBanks wrote:
He was the cover story in Genii a year or so ago.

When asked if he could take his act on an airplane he replied to the effect that if he has his suit, he can get most everything else he uses in the act from a grocery store!

Make sure to see his act if you can. It's rated "A" in Las Vegas guides and is very affordable ($15.00).

Now that is what I call a REAL magician! Honest to God fellows. Mac is one amazingly talented guy! And that statement proves it.

He has my deepest admiration.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Marc Levine
View Profile
Regular user
South Florida
125 Posts

Profile of Marc Levine
I didn't know he added a shadow tent routine to his act...Has anyone seen this and can describe it?
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1013 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
The ending to the tent routine was a hoot.
Caught everyone way off gaurd.
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1241 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Quote:
On 2005-09-14 21:27, Marc Levine wrote:
I didn't know he added a shadow tent routine to his act...Has anyone seen this and can describe it?

Mac follows up the ariel fishing with a "camping" scene. The lights dim, the backdrop turns into a "star" filled night sky. The tent is brought out and Mac talks about shadow puppets. After showing the tent empty by searching through it with a flashlight, he hangs the flash light in the tent. Then he does some very funny shadow puppets against the front of the tent. He makes a dog, a "Trix" rabbit and then he asks the child on stage if they're afraid of bears. The child at the show I saw said "no", and Mac replied, "you will be", and out of the tent jumps a person dressed in a bear costume. The whole crowd jumped and screamed as the bear ran off the stage. Very funny and unexpected. Mac reels you in with the funny shadow puppets and then scares and fools you at the same time. Pure genius, especially following the fishing routine with the shadow tent. The two routines makes sense together and really fits Mac's character.

Ken
Jonton
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
336 Posts

Profile of Jonton
When I saw it, he picked a "very couragous" child to come up on stage. He asked the child if he is scared of anything. The child sticks his nose up and says "nope!" and Mac says "Oh okay...you will be". That's when he has the child search the tent with a flashlight, then he hung the light up on the inside of the tent. He zipped up the front of the tent except for a small hole so he could stick his hand inside. He then demonstrated a puppet with his hand to the audience and asked if anyone knew what it was. They all said dog, so he put his hand inside the tent and of course, his his hand looks like a dog. He takes his hand out and holds up two fingers, everyone agrees that its a rabbit. He sticks his hand inside the tent and it appears that he's actually holding a cartoon rabbit. Then he reassured the child that there was nothing scary so far. Then he makes a very strange handshape, and no one can identify it. He very slowly puts his hand inside the tent and then a man in a bear suit comes running out growling and being all scary. The kid just about crapped his pants and he ran into the audience as scared as can be.

When Mac pushed the tent off stage, he made the mistake of turning it around and showing the exposed gimmick.

Okay...I'm in class right now, so I should get off.
~Jonton
I Came, I Saw, I Conjured
www.jontaylornyc.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Hopefully he only made that error once!
Amazing Dick
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Amazing Dick
I saw Mac last year and he was the "Mac Daddy".
Peace Out !
Amazing Dick
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Could you elucidate?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Mac King's act (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL