The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » ShowMagic SL-24: Lighting and Sound Laptop Controller-Free download (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Natural Mystic
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
509 Posts

Profile of Natural Mystic
Download it and give it a test run.

Here’s the blurb,

ShowMagic SL 24 gives you complete control of your lighting and audio:

Create stunning lightshows easily.

Quickly program LED lighting and matrices - what took hours before can now be achieved in minutes!

Music, sound FX, speech - audio can be stored and played instantly on demand. Audio and lighting can be combined in sequences for perfectly synchronized light and sound shows - time after time.

http://www.showmagic.com/index.php?page=products&model=1
"You never change the existing reality by
fighting it. Instead, create a new model that
makes the old one obsolete."
-- R. Buckminster Fuller
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Yes... this is a great program and life saver. We have cut out electronics table down to nothing running both sound and lights from a laptop. You program everything in once and its a matter of a few button clicks during the show.

Only downside is if your laptop shuts down due to power, etc., you are stuck waiting for a reboot of the system. But, we use a battery backup with 4 hours power for this reason.
ChrisPilsworth
View Profile
New user
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
74 Posts

Profile of ChrisPilsworth
Hi Videokideo,

I was wondering if the cues with this software could be triggered with an RF remote. Right now I've been using Winamp as per another thread in this section to run my music, but now I would like to add in some LED fixtures into the mix. The software you've been using looks good, but I'm a one man show and want to be able to do it all without having to go to the laptop for every cue.

Any intel would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Chris

http://www.borntoamaze.com
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
I havent seen a remote option.... Best thing to do is program your music and lights for the full show in one sequence. Problem is, you have to keep to the programs timing because its not going to wait on you.

Probably going to need a basic assistant in the long run.
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Video,

He means HOTKEYS, can the software be controlled with keys from your keyboard.

G0THIKE
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
I tried to download this today and take a look at it. Somehow the file didn't download properly, I've emailed their support department to have a look.

When I take a look at it, I'll be able to see if there's a way to use one of the programmable remotes to trigger cues. It could be interesting!
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
Their webmaster got back to me and sent me the file directly, so apparently it was my ISP and not their website. Give it a try and see how it downloads for you.
ChrisPilsworth
View Profile
New user
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
74 Posts

Profile of ChrisPilsworth
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for jumping in! What you mentioned in your first post is exactly what I would like to achieve. If I could coordinate lighting sequences to certain music tracks that I've choreographed the magic, I could run both the music and the lights. Initially I may only run some LED lights placed in some of those spandex columns to give some atmosphere. Later more fixtures could be added into the mix.

I look forward to your discoveries.

Cheers,
Chris

http://www.borntoamaze.com
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
I've had a brief look at it. What they have in the software is a scripting system that allows you to manually trigger the next cue. A cue can consist of a combination of lights, sounds, DMX events, etc. I think you can trigger the next cue just by pressing the spacebar...so a reprogrammable remote, such as the KeyRF that I mention on my website, would work fine. Once you've downloaded the software, work through the tutorials to learn it.

This is sophisticated software that will require a learning period, as you're doing a lot more than just playing the next sound cue. But it should more than handle the needs of a small show.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » ShowMagic SL-24: Lighting and Sound Laptop Controller-Free download (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL